Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Spritework Request & Showcase Thread  (Read 1051709 times)

Offline Ialdabaoth

• Hunter in Training
  • Struggling Sprite Comic Maker
    • Awards
Re: Spritework Request & Showcase Thread
« Reply #240 on: August 20, 2011, 11:21:21 PM »
I just remembered that i made a CV styled sprite sometime back.

This was actually based on the character you play as in a CV clone i've played though little did i know was that she's actually a generic character class in ragnarok online (didn't stop me from making this single sprite though). was thinking of making a full sprite sheet but it'd be useless since i doubt anyone would use it.

so how does it look?

The game yer talking about is Unholy Sanctuary, right? First guess that came off the top of my noodle when I saw that pink hair and RO Priestess get-up. Though for some odd reason I feel like the stance doesn't look like she's standing with a decent center of gravity... or maybe it's just me.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 11:25:56 PM by Ialdabaoth »

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #241 on: August 21, 2011, 07:06:35 PM »
+1
okay, could you post it? its a really good sheet to keep for yourself....

I have no access to my computer. It was posted somewhere on Serio's board, that's where I got it from.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Trebor777

• Maker of Moonlight Requiem
  • Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Project Moonlight Requiem!
    • Awards
« Reply #242 on: August 24, 2011, 03:18:01 PM »
:p Slightly unrelated, just found out about this software for building animations for sprites, it's mostly usefull for detached sprites ( made of several pieces ).
thought it might be of some interest here:

http://www.brashmonkey.com/
My Fan Project: Moonlight Requiem

Carpathian Killer!

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - First Place 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 2nd Place Award One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #243 on: August 27, 2011, 10:43:03 PM »
Hey Guys,Im pretty new around here..For those of you from Serio's Cv report beard(ur sumthing), I go by the name 005..
Ahem,anyways,im here to showcase my custom Hugh sprite,i would love to hear your feedback!  ;D
Mind you, these sprites are NOT based of off anyone's Hugh,In particular,Serio's hugh..I made 'em from stratch!

Offline hello!

• WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! DESTROY!
    • Awards
« Reply #244 on: August 28, 2011, 08:49:05 AM »
Hey Guys,Im pretty new around here..For those of you from Serio's Cv report beard(ur sumthing), I go by the name 005..
Ahem,anyways,im here to showcase my custom Hugh sprite,i would love to hear your feedback!  ;D
Mind you, these sprites are NOT based of off anyone's Hugh,In particular,Serio's hugh..I made 'em from stratch!

Personally these are better than serio's. Im not a fan of serio's sprites. I think alot of them have too much detail for castlevania sprites. Dont get me wrong they are good and some are just recolors (that are awesome) but i just prefer the original shape design for them.
If the opposite of pro is con, then whats the opposite of progress...

Offline hello!

• Awards
« Reply #245 on: August 28, 2011, 09:43:02 AM »
Does anyone know where I can get the character sprites from HD?

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - First Place 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 2nd Place Award One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #246 on: August 28, 2011, 09:55:31 AM »
Well, I wouldn't say they're THAT detailed..if you study them carefully,most of the sprites have like 16 or more colors only,and shading realy needs work in some cases i.e his(i cud be wrong,mugen community refer to serio as 'she') hugh sheet,i rely think they are nt the best out there so I decided to make my own! :D
Also,youre tha guy who made the mathais cronqvist sheet,correct? I used ms paint 4 spritin this hugh too ya knw.. B-)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 10:02:20 AM by Donoffrio »

Offline hello!

• Awards
« Reply #247 on: August 28, 2011, 03:46:57 PM »
Well, I wouldn't say they're THAT detailed..if you study them carefully,most of the sprites have like 16 or more colors only,and shading realy needs work in some cases i.e his(i cud be wrong,mugen community refer to serio as 'she') hugh sheet,i rely think they are nt the best out there so I decided to make my own! :D
Also,youre tha guy who made the mathais cronqvist sheet,correct? I used ms paint 4 spritin this hugh too ya knw.. B-)
Yeah im doing some work on Mathias though. i put the old sheet on here about 3 pages back i only have regular paint. i cant find an ms paint program that dosnt require RAR. Im also working on_------------------------------------------------------------------------------------m (sorry my kitten climbed on my keyboard) jacket-less soma sprites

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #248 on: August 28, 2011, 07:07:15 PM »
Here's a running animation of Hugh..Still requires little more tweaks to be perfect.. :D

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #249 on: August 28, 2011, 07:16:02 PM »
Fancy running into you here, neighbor. That running animation looks pretty smooth, though you should post the separate sheet as well so we can have a better look at it.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #250 on: August 28, 2011, 07:43:56 PM »
Likewise,VladCt :rollseyes:! yea here's the sheet for ya..And how are things goin' back at Serio's board? Last time I checked Ruki posted a Shitload of unneccessary crap.. ???

Btw,since the banner dosen't have Hugh,would it be ok if we use this one?

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #251 on: August 28, 2011, 07:50:31 PM »
Eh, nothing much. Just Cyber getting pissed at Ruki (protip: Don't hold HD's soundtrack in high regard if you don't want to get strangled ;)).
LOL, that Hugh looks pretty chillin'.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #252 on: August 28, 2011, 08:23:47 PM »
Yea knowing cyber,he's pretty strict abt EVERYTHING having to do with the ''works''. Also,i can't help but notice sumthings wrong with 'chillin hugh'.. :/.. I suppose you can point it out?

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #253 on: August 28, 2011, 08:41:01 PM »
Methinks it's the arms (looks disjointed)...and the face (looks a bit too small and dark).
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 08:43:38 PM by VladCT »
^^

Offline hello!

• Awards
« Reply #254 on: August 28, 2011, 10:36:46 PM »
updated Mathias (Dracula) sprites! +Small Death sprite preview