Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Spritework Request & Showcase Thread  (Read 1051817 times)

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - First Place 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 2nd Place Award One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #255 on: August 29, 2011, 02:17:35 AM »
That's great and all..but spritin' mathias is one thing,animating him is
 another..its more importantly you practice on yur animating skillz,cuz lately Ive only seen you sprite out MULTIPLE idles of him.. :/ lets not forget the multiple idles of revamped alucard last time you made..

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #256 on: August 29, 2011, 03:02:34 AM »
Oh, hi 005, nice to see you here.

That Hugh running animation looks great, dude. :)

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - First Place 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 2nd Place Award One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #257 on: August 29, 2011, 04:34:39 AM »
Thanks,pemburu! Nice to c ya too! Say,have you bein workin' on anything lately?

Offline hello!

• WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! DESTROY!
    • Awards
Re: Spritework Request & Showcase Thread
« Reply #258 on: August 29, 2011, 10:11:07 AM »
That's great and all..but spritin' mathias is one thing,animating him is
 another..its more importantly you practice on yur animating skillz,cuz lately Ive only seen you sprite out MULTIPLE idles of him.. :/ lets not forget the multiple idles of revamped alucard last time you made..
I know, right now im just trying to get the designs right, then ill work on animating him if there are no more critiques on how he looks, ill start animating right away! :)
Also ive already started running animations for Revamped alucard.
If the opposite of pro is con, then whats the opposite of progress...

Offline Mega Man Model T 101

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #259 on: August 29, 2011, 01:15:19 PM »
Now that's some pretty awesome work Donoffrio, it's a lot better than Serio's Hugh, I'd have to honestly say.

Hey, would you be willing to help me out a little if you're not too busy?
The Legend shall live again....

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #260 on: August 29, 2011, 02:28:19 PM »
@hello! Good luck with it then! Are you plannin' to make it liquid-smooth like the original? :-D   
@megaman t model thanks bro! Yea,i guess I can,a little,with what,may I ask? :-)

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #261 on: August 29, 2011, 02:37:05 PM »

@megaman t model thanks bro! Yea,i guess I can,a little,with what,may I ask? :-)

Well, I'm working on a fangame project, and I'm trying to get the animations for the main character made. We have the regular standing stance made, but nothing else, no attacking, walking, jumping ducking, ect. The character is a Belmont so that can probably give you a good idea for how the animations should go and look.

Here's her sprite, Sophia Belmont:

A lot of people here are busy with their own sprite projects, so I really don't want to pester them a whole too lot, I do appreciate the work they did to make the stance animation though, it at least gives us something to work with.

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #262 on: August 29, 2011, 02:58:27 PM »
My friend,i'd be more than willing to help..:-) it'll take quite a while tho..any custom made attacks for her? I pretty good at making custom animations too..B-)

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #263 on: August 29, 2011, 03:08:46 PM »
Thanks,pemburu! Nice to c ya too! Say,have you bein workin' on anything lately?

I'm still working on my PoR custom Richter hack and a hack of PoR that replaces Richiter with Hanz.

The progress is just going slower because I'm still not really that fit yet.

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #264 on: August 29, 2011, 03:09:52 PM »
Well, I can't really think of any. Except a neat detail of having a secondary attack.

Like Simon's sword attack in Serio's fighter sheet. Here's what it looks like for an example.

Kinda adding the N64 games thing on having a quick sub attack. While most of the time you'll be using the whip, there will be a few instances where the sword will come in handy.

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #265 on: August 29, 2011, 03:31:43 PM »
So,she's gonna have a sword? If so,ive thought of a perfect sword swipe for her..then if its still a whip,ill think more of it..also,may I suggest giving her a more rounded body,longer hair and slim waist,just to give her a more feminine look(she looks kinda buff IMO)? Or at least I cud giv her a little makeover?
:-D
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 03:34:10 PM by Donoffrio »

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #266 on: August 29, 2011, 03:45:07 PM »
Well, I found the concept of her from Deviantart, I'll show you the picture.

And she's supposed to be using this version of the Vampire Killer as her main weapon, hope that helps give you an idea of how her whipping animation will look Belmont style.

Personally, I'd rather not have her design fiddled with too much. Maybe a slightly more pronounced waist, but that'd be like it. Anything else would make her a bit too fanservicy I think. I don't want her to be overly womanly. That's kinda the problem with a lot of girls and women in today's games. They have something about them that makes them overly attractive. Like say Samus from the original Metroid for Nintendo. While sure you can play her in a leotard, it wasn't overly revealing or ridiculous because her figure was properly in proportion. There was nothing that attracted you're attention to a certain bodypart because she was so in proportion. Nowadays girls in games either have big chests or big butts.

So a slightly more womanly figure, but nothing over the top. Also keep the boots around the height that they are now. I've seen enough playable thighhigh or ankle boots on women for a good while.

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #267 on: August 29, 2011, 05:41:21 PM »
Well you are certainly right with that logic,Characters nowadays are WAAAY overdone..K then ill work on her.. ;D

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #268 on: August 29, 2011, 05:47:34 PM »
Thanks. I look forward to what you can do. :)

Offline hello!

• WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! DESTROY!
    • Awards
Re: Spritework Request & Showcase Thread
« Reply #269 on: August 29, 2011, 10:01:53 PM »
workin on attacks for vampire Mathias animations
If the opposite of pro is con, then whats the opposite of progress...