Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Spritework Request & Showcase Thread  (Read 1051801 times)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #90 on: June 15, 2011, 11:02:54 AM »
+1
Whip Brandish Get! :D
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline ScionOfBalance

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #91 on: June 18, 2011, 04:44:18 PM »
look's very good,man.That Simon is awesome.

Offline Mega Man Model T 101

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #92 on: June 23, 2011, 11:28:48 AM »
I love this version of Simon Belmont! It's so cool! Can you upload the x1 size of all the sprites that are done? I would like to use this sprite eventually. ;D
The Legend shall live again....

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: June 23, 2011, 11:35:18 AM »
When the entire spritesheet is done, I will upload it as well as some patterns, for people to use.
However, it is not done yet.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Mega Man Model T 101

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #94 on: June 23, 2011, 01:03:39 PM »
Ok. I think the only animations left are the getting hit and death animations, right? Oh wait, you'll probably add the swinging from SCV4 too. And the whipping in 8 directions.
The Legend shall live again....

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #95 on: June 24, 2011, 08:51:26 AM »
I have a bit of a slew of requests here... all NES styled though.

-Does anyone have an 8bit version of Simon's Chronicles outfit? Like a whole spritesheet? Or possibly a mockup sprite so I can recreate the sheet?

-Same as above, but for CoD Trevor.

-Same as above, but for SotN Richter.

-You know the HUD portraits from CV3? Could somebody possibly make me some for Richter (both RoB and SotN outfits), Leon and Chronicles Simon?

-And lastly... does anyone have the hit grunt sound effect from the NES CVs? They're not included in the NSFs...

If you help, credit will be given where credit is due. Thanks. ^^

And for those curious: I'm making an 8bit RPG, titled Castlevania: The Greatest Five. That's what all these are being used for.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 09:39:45 AM by Claimh Solais »
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: June 24, 2011, 10:24:59 AM »
Ok. I think the only animations left are the getting hit and death animations, right? Oh wait, you'll probably add the swinging from SCV4 too. And the whipping in 8 directions.

Already made the getting hit (and getting hit on stairs) as well as Death.
What's missing is:
-SuperJump
-Whip Swinging
-Whip Attack (in the air)
-Directional/Down and Down Whip attacks
-SubWeapons (and their 'on stairs' versions).
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #97 on: June 24, 2011, 10:55:16 AM »
-Does anyone have an 8bit version of Simon's Chronicles outfit? Like a whole spritesheet? Or possibly a mockup sprite so I can recreate the sheet?

I made a sheet for Serio to hack CV2 with a long time ago, but I've lost it.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: June 24, 2011, 11:00:49 AM »
but I've lost it.

That's helpful. :P

But yeah, I remember that one. Forgot all about it til now.
I could try ripping it.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: June 24, 2011, 12:30:40 PM »
+1

There's one sprite of the Richter edit. Came out good, I guess. He got a pixel shorter, but look at that ridiculous hair of his in the original. I had to tone that crap down.

But anyway... What ya'll think? :3

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #100 on: June 24, 2011, 03:53:43 PM »
That's pretty good!
<.<

>.>

*Hides in shadows*
Psssst.....
I never really liked the Richter sprite in Serio's CV Fighter cause I thought the shading looks wierd. Same with Hugh Baldwin, those two sprite need some help.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #101 on: June 24, 2011, 05:12:13 PM »
@Jorge
Ever see Vedora-Kingdom's Leon sprites? Those are pretty nice, other than a few stiff movements and problems with how thin he gets occasionally.

There's a link to his sprites. I think he used the Dungeon banner Leon sprite as a reference and worked off of it, but yeah.
http://a.imageshack.us/img827/6500/0xcdleontest.png
And if anyone's wondering, Vedora says anyone may use his sprites as they please. They may also edit and everything and stuff. Says so on his Kingdom of Vlahado website.

And that is how Simon would walk in the arms-down pose. (:
I started hearing Leon's theme in my head the moment I saw these. XD

Yknow, Im in no position to critique when I can barely sprite, (I usually just edit and frankensprite. Scratching is slightly beyond me.) but @ Jorge, I really dont like the way your Simon's feet look. They seem too small. Tiny. And in his regular standing sprite, they look too rounded to me.

Just my opinion, but it was really bugging me.

Speaking of which, if any of you know a bit about Mega Man sprites, particularly the Mega Man 8 style,  I wouldnt mind a critique of my ONE scratch sprite

« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 05:17:50 PM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: June 24, 2011, 06:48:41 PM »
That's pretty good!
<.<

>.>

*Hides in shadows*
Psssst.....
I never really liked the Richter sprite in Serio's CV Fighter cause I thought the shading looks wierd. Same with Hugh Baldwin, those two sprite need some help.

So in other words you're just not a big fan of Serio's sprites. XD
Have you seen the latest updates on them? They look pretty damn nice, if you can get past Cyberdragon10k's Nazi-march he made for Hugh (no offense intended to anyone, I'm half-German if it helps), and Richter's noticeable marshmallow legs in several frames.

But I'm glad you like my sprite. ^.^ I'll try finishing it sometime.

I started hearing Leon's theme in my head the moment I saw these. XD

Yknow, Im in no position to critique when I can barely sprite, (I usually just edit and frankensprite. Scratching is slightly beyond me.) but @ Jorge, I really dont like the way your Simon's feet look. They seem too small. Tiny. And in his regular standing sprite, they look too rounded to me.

Just my opinion, but it was really bugging me.

Speaking of which, if any of you know a bit about Mega Man sprites, particularly the Mega Man 8 style,  I wouldnt mind a critique of my ONE scratch sprite

Wow. You can actually scratch. (I can't)
I'm not too familiar with the Mega Man series, but I have played enough of the games (and edited sprites) to know a thing or two. The only think I find that irks me (from what I can tell) is the shading on the leg in the foreground. Something about it looks odd, and the transition between the colors is a little abrupt. Or something. Also, it looks slightly (SLIGHTLY) pillow-shaded. Just that one leg though.

I can give a more in-depth look once my damn computer loads, and I can actually open up Paint.NET and take a look (and finish recording my lines for a Halo machinima).

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #103 on: June 24, 2011, 07:16:01 PM »
Well I got pointers from a really good spriter on the shading.

Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: June 24, 2011, 07:34:34 PM »
Yeah, but pointers doesn't necessarily mean you did it as good as it could be. Look at my sprites for example. I get pointers from Jorge, Serio, Cyberdragon10k, and tons of others. And Cyberdragon10k goes really indepth about what needs fixed.

Yet, my sprites are still a little on the amateur side. :P

But in all honesty, I like that sprite. I envy the people that can actually do scratch-spriting. >.<