Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Spritework Request & Showcase Thread  (Read 1056512 times)

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #315 on: September 08, 2011, 08:46:59 AM »
You know, when I look at the whip animation from here, it looks like it uses PoR's chain links, but when I open it in a new tab, it magically switches to SotN's chain links. Are my eyes playing tricks on me?
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #316 on: September 08, 2011, 11:52:45 AM »
You know, when I look at the whip animation from here, it looks like it uses PoR's chain links, but when I open it in a new tab, it magically switches to SotN's chain links. Are my eyes playing tricks on me?
Nope, they are in fact SoTN Chain Links, I would some Rips from the PoR Whips so I can design extra whips from that source using the SoTN Material.

*Added the 2.0 Whip Animation.
-Changes-
1 added frame, 1 slightly modified frame

*New Animation~

EDIT 3.1 Realized the footing is wrong, Fixed it on the sprite sheet.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 03:53:45 PM by Kamui Zero »

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - First Place 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 2nd Place Award One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #317 on: September 08, 2011, 10:23:20 PM »
Great! And you made these,why? :-)

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #318 on: September 08, 2011, 11:50:56 PM »
two Reasons
1. I really love how the PSX whip is animated, Those who love it too can use the whip now.
2. I am remaking Simon's quest, Chronicles Mode features a Simon who's Base sprites are Mostly Jonathan.

BTW Fixed
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 12:33:21 AM by Kamui Zero »

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - First Place 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 2nd Place Award One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #319 on: September 09, 2011, 02:36:02 AM »
Well,good luck with it then,i look forward to seeing it done.But one thing is for certain,i disagree about using jonathan as a base for simon..especially his run animation wich looks kinda gay imo..but than whippin animation looks great,obviously based on sotn trevor and richter..btw wat do u think of my hugh and the sophia belmont whippin' I made for megaman model t 101's project?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 02:44:15 AM by Donoffrio »

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #320 on: September 09, 2011, 03:30:16 AM »
Well,good luck with it then,i look forward to seeing it done.But one thing is for certain,i disagree about using jonathan as a base for simon..especially his run animation wich looks kinda gay imo..but than whippin animation looks great,obviously based on sotn trevor and richter..btw wat do u think of my hugh and the sophia belmont whippin' I made for megaman model t 101's project?
Oh I do Plan on Changing some of the Animations on Simon 2.0, this will be a project that Uses Priority Flip.
The New Whip Animation will be whipping Right, as a slightly Changed original Animation will mark Left, So the right Hand is intact without basic mirroring
Honestly, it was much easier to Give Jon the Poses as opposed to mofiying the source material.
I think your Sophia and Hugh Sprites are Boss, Keep up the awesome work.
Try out 10 ms per Character Frame to see how smooth your animations can get.

*Pic Below Demonstrates Flip Priority.

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #321 on: September 09, 2011, 03:44:06 AM »
@Donoffrio

You've got talent at spriting, man. I really want to see your take on the coated SotN Richter.

@Kamui
That's cool, no more mirror whipping sprites.

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #322 on: September 09, 2011, 05:17:52 AM »
@Kamui Zero thanks man!
@Pemburu
Thanks bro! Yeah I have my own ambitions of making a coated-pirate-sotn richter myself,which im hoping that would contrast that of serio's..gonna
 use my own palletes and smoothen the cape anims abit,without changing the frame count.. :-D

Offline Ialdabaoth

• Hunter in Training
  • Struggling Sprite Comic Maker
    • Awards
Re: Spritework Request & Showcase Thread
« Reply #323 on: September 09, 2011, 06:40:36 AM »
@Donoffrio

You've got talent at spriting, man. I really want to see your take on the coated SotN Richter.

@Kamui
That's cool, no more mirror whipping sprites.

Agreed. Not to mention Jonathan's original whip flick stances look like he's barely using any force to actually attack.

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #324 on: September 09, 2011, 07:57:23 AM »
Hey guys,anyone of you know the guy who made castlevania bloodway? I wanna ask him if I could use and continue his Ethan belmont spritesheet for a cv project im working on.. I don't realy have the mood to design my own character at the moment..
bUt all of a sudden Ethan belmont came in mind lol! Of course credit will be given to the designer where its due.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 08:20:39 AM by Donoffrio »

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
  • Whoa dude!what a horrible night for no beer.....
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #325 on: September 09, 2011, 11:22:59 AM »
Hey that game is right here:http://www.arcadeboss.com/game-large-325-9-Castlevania-The-Blood-Way.html

It seems pretty cool overall, but the graphics from it look like they could be used in a mobile cell phone game. Honestly the graphics are like that of the game with desmond belmont. Idk the name of it. The standing sprites look ok, but imo honest opinion i think it could use some major enhancements.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 11:28:47 AM by Las »

Taking Edward Scissorhands to a whole new level!

Offline metroidquest

• Programmageddon
  • Vampire Hunter
  • hacking games since 1999
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • MQ's YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #326 on: September 09, 2011, 12:38:09 PM »
New whip! emulates the PSX whip I wanted so badly!
Made half of the frames myself!

Don't mind the Simon/Richter thing, I wanted to get it done and all I could find were my workshop sprites...
I like that one a LOT!

Offline Esco

• In SERIOUS need of sprite help for the SOTN HACKED engine! PM me please if you can help.
  • Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #327 on: September 09, 2011, 03:30:30 PM »
I like that one a LOT!

YAAAAAAAAAWWWWNNNN........ mine is prettier. :P But then again, it's also an edit of someone else's whip so who the F am I to talk!  ;D Nice work.
- Esco... the original New Yurican and creator of the Castlevania: SOTN Hacked Engine!

Link to the blog for the "hack:" http://sotnhacked.wordpress.com

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #328 on: September 09, 2011, 04:04:11 PM »
New whip! emulates the PSX whip I wanted so badly!
Made half of the frames myself!

Don't mind the Simon/Richter thing, I wanted to get it done and all I could find were my workshop sprites...

To be honest, I don't really like the graphic of that whip, it change size. The PSX whip gfx and animation were already great and still the best IMO.

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
  • Whoa dude!what a horrible night for no beer.....
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #329 on: September 09, 2011, 04:36:04 PM »
Looks good overall! You know with whips motion it's hard for me to tell when a whip is  accurate, but i can sure as hell tell when it looks inaccurate.

Taking Edward Scissorhands to a whole new level!

anything