Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The Soul of Dracula (Fan Game)  (Read 19024 times)

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2011, 08:42:53 PM »
The art and music aren't that bad, but not that good too. But the gameplay and the feel is spot on. Great game.

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2011, 07:29:17 AM »
I've started to play it and I love it. I do have an issue though..

When I play in fullscreen, it doesn't actually go to my current resolution (1360 x 768) but goes at a lower resolution. The problem with this is as the game begins to scroll, certain parts of the screen blur very, very strangely. Does anyone know of a way that I can force fullscreen to in fact be my resolution, and not a lower resolution that it normally goes to?

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2011, 10:55:58 AM »
Low resolution games go into, surprise, low resolution mode... Your LCD monitor blurs it to smooth it out. It seems your LCD monitor has a very poor refresh rate if it's really noticeable or a problem while moving.

Typically there is no way to force games to your resolution.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2011, 12:22:25 PM »
yeah I dont like the style a whole lot either but its a very nice game. They obviously loved the classic CVs including Belmont Revenge alot. I think itd look a lot better with just a better main char sprite. He looks better in the ending. Durin the game tho he looks like a fat dude in football pads

Offline Tanatra

• Everything Burns
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
Re: The Soul of Dracula (Fan Game)
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2011, 11:10:03 AM »
Whoah, this game looks hard. Lots of interesting gameplay ideas - I felt the part that involved climbing the chains as Death was cutting them down was particularly creative (even if it did remind me of Donkey Kong, Jr.) The main character reminds me very much of Reinhardt from CV64. The music all seems original too, though I can't say I'm too crazy about it.

Tags: