Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Weapons & Sub-weapons for CVtDC  (Read 6107 times)

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« on: August 25, 2011, 11:42:44 AM »
Are there any weapons or sub-weapons or even consumable weapons from the other CV game you guys would like to see included in my remake of the CV1 games?
"Stuff and things."

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 11:58:41 AM »
Diamond - a large one from Simon's Quest, not the shitty "Rebound Stone" from SotN.
Healing Herb - from Chronicles
Super Fist - from Harmony of Dissonance
Dark Crystal - from Lords of Shadow (bwahahaha)
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 12:25:33 PM »
Diamond - a large one from Simon's Quest, not the shitty "Rebound Stone" from SotN.
Healing Herb - from Chronicles
Super Fist - from Harmony of Dissonance
Dark Crystal - from Lords of Shadow (bwahahaha)

Really? You want the big honkin' rebound crystal?
Well, I was already gonna have it as an 8x8 sprite instead 16x16, but I can put in the big one too if you really want it.
Already have the Healing Herb in there.
Suggesting the dark crystal is very evil of you, thanks. I'm imagining a full screen sprite with crazy ass raster effects.

You're gonna have to explain your love of the super fist to me, cause I thought it was the stupidest idea for a sub-weapon ever.

BTW, I should mention that in my remake you'll be able to customize your selection of equipment after you find a certain item.
Also, there are 3 categories of equipment: shields, weapons, and sub-weapons.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 01:00:22 PM »
PoR's MASSIVE SWINGING CHAINBALL!

...Seriously, the ones Jorge proposed would be killer.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 02:19:49 PM »
I just don't want that tiny-ass useless thing from SotN, is all.
And yeah it'd be a screen-crush like the Power of Sire, but it'd eat up like 50 hearts and be Dark-elemental. xD
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 02:25:01 PM »
The lightning thing from SoTN.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 03:52:41 PM »
The lightning thing from SoTN.

LOL. That would be fun to implement in 8-bit style. I want to put it in now just so I can use the Konami thunder sfx from CV3 & Getsu Fuhma Den. =)
"Stuff and things."

Offline julianbelmontxx1

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2011, 05:32:29 PM »
SOTN sacred bible
CV2 mystic flame
COTM astral dagger
and please add the heaven sword and the valmanway as secret subweapons.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2011, 06:15:22 PM »
Both versions of the bible are already in as are all the sub-weapons from CV2.
In the case of the CV2 sub-weapons I made some logical and aesthetic changes.
In fact any weapon or sub-weapon from CV1, VK, HC, SCV4, CVC & CV2 including some blade weapons that only appear in artwork are already going to be included.

Here's a list of the stuff that's going to be included (not including secret stuff):

CV1:
Leather Whip
Short Morningstar
Vampire Killer
Short Sword (from artwork)
Knife
Battle Axe
Holy Cross
Holy Water
Stopwatch

VK:
Chain Whip (Merged with CV2 one)
Throwing Knife (It's a regular weapon in this game, merged with CV2 one)
Battle Cross (Similar to the Holy Cross, but is a normal weapon)
Throwing Axe (Identical to the axe thrown by axe armors)
Hourglass (Similar to stopwatch with slightly different properties)

HC:
Long Sword
Kuhkri (Replaces the boomerang since the boomerang in this game... doesn't... come... back...)
Torch
Bomb
Crucifix

SCV4:
Long Morningstar (You don't actually get the flashy VK in this game)

CVC:
Rapier (From artwork)
Healing Herb

CV2:
Thorn Whip
Flame Whip
Silver Knife
Golden Knife
Sacred Flame (Merged with the useless ass holy water, so now you throw an ampoule filled with orange liquid which bursts into the flame pillar thingy)
Rebound Crystal (Kinda merged with SotN one, it'll be an 8x8 pixel sprite)
Vibhuti (Replaces the garlic since the SotN one does basically the same thing & isn't as silly, this is the correct spelling for it BTW)
Magic Laurel
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 06:23:40 PM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline Esco

• In SERIOUS need of sprite help for the SOTN HACKED engine! PM me please if you can help.
  • Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2011, 12:06:46 PM »
The rebound gems problem in SOTN wasn't just it's size, that was just one of it's issues. The angle, movement speed, damage amount, delay until it vanished (yes, that means it bounced around too many times before disappearing; trust me decreasing the amount improves it)and the delay between hits were it's other issues.

I tweaked it some to fix these issues, and mine is quite deadly. The one in POR was pretty good too, but that one just didn't bounce around enough. It's maxed out version though was deadly.

The correct spelling is Vibhuti

Wow, I never knew that. I wonder what the agnea weapon's correct spelling is? Doing a search on agnea pulls up NOTHING related to a lightning based weapon.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 12:10:08 PM by Esco »
- Esco... the original New Yurican and creator of the Castlevania: SOTN Hacked Engine!

Link to the blog for the "hack:" http://sotnhacked.wordpress.com

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2011, 12:33:22 PM »
My version of the rebound crystal will be significantly 8bit-ized. I'm looking at the Crystal Eye from Megaman 5 for inspiration.

I've not had much luck searching out the origins of the agnea either. That one's a bit of a mystery. =P

EDIT:
I did find this:Agunea
Doesn't really do anything to explain What the hell the sub-weapon is, though. Man that thing is fugly, too. Really, what is it supposed to look like?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 12:42:30 PM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Tags: fangame 

anything