Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Super Castlevania IV  (Read 10726 times)

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2011, 09:44:52 PM »
Hmmm... It was made by Treasure...
"Stuff and things."

Offline Ialdabaoth

• Hunter in Training
  • Struggling Sprite Comic Maker
    • Awards
Re: Super Castlevania IV
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2011, 12:00:09 AM »
Hmmm... It was made by Treasure...

Wait what? It was?

*goes to check the intro screen again*

Offline CastleToastM

• Toast Fan
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Waffles are pretty great
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (NDS)
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2011, 01:36:51 AM »
If you watch the gameplay snippets that play during the end credits, it shows him throwing daggers while swinging at that very same spot.  I don't think I knew you could do it either until I saw that.  Still, I never do it because there is no place in the game where it really gives me an advantage.

I used it in the rotating room with the Medusa heads. Otherwise, I didn't really use that function either.

Still, I rather like it.

I once spent a bit of time screwing around by swinging and throwing various sub weapons.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2011, 07:00:37 AM »
Wait what? It was?

*goes to check the intro screen again*

Pretty much every first generation SNES Konami game was actually developed by the team that would eventually become Treasure. Contra III, Gradius III, Castlevania...
"Stuff and things."

Offline Koutei

• Uboaaa!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • The Japanese People
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2011, 07:09:31 AM »
Details.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2011, 08:49:30 PM »
I just time my jump early so that I land right on the edge of the platform, giving me plenty of time to whip that skeleton bitch before he even realizes I'm there.
Super CV4 is probably the CV game that I am best at.  I typically play through the whole game in one sitting without dying once.  I think I have it memorized to the point where I can play it in my sleep. 

Actually, I just wanted to mention that.  But in reality, you can crouch under the sword-swing the skeleton does.  But it feels particularly satisfying to already have hit him with a Boomerang before you even land on the platform. ;)
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Laughing skeleton

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2011, 08:46:52 AM »
That reminds me of when I attempted a no damage run of this game the skull boss in level 4 was the first true obstacle.  There I actually decided to use the dagger subweapon rather than risk damage from all the rocks dropping when triple holy water is used, especially because the game tends to slow down if you go that route.  It was a very exciting fight although to my dismay I never fully completed the no damage run.
Nothing scares me, I'm a smart guy and I'll tell you one thing for certain: fear is irrational. Being the know-it-all I am, mocking foolish fears is an amusing pastime for me.  In fact there is no doubt in my mind that living in the modern world, free of all danger and uncertainty, I'll ever have to face my own death, which is after all the most basic and silly of all fears...

Offline Opium

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2011, 01:44:45 PM »
I've never attempted a no-damage run, mostly because there is no trophy or any other evidence of completing it, so nobody would believe it anyways. 

Offline CastleToastM

• Toast Fan
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Waffles are pretty great
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (NDS)
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2011, 02:17:33 AM »
That reminds me of when I attempted a no damage run of this game the skull boss in level 4 was the first true obstacle.  There I actually decided to use the dagger subweapon rather than risk damage from all the rocks dropping when triple holy water is used, especially because the game tends to slow down if you go that route.  It was a very exciting fight although to my dismay I never fully completed the no damage run.

Is there a TAS run of SCV4 no damage? I wonder if something like that exists. It seems possible to do a no damage run.

anything