Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Talent wanted for a Demon Castle War Teaser Trailer  (Read 15225 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Talent wanted for a Demon Castle War Teaser Trailer
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2011, 11:41:34 AM »
there is also the Hakuba priest & St. Germain

I don't really see the need for St. Germain to be in there since he's nothing more then a traveler (time traveler). He may only observe and you wouldn't need him for anything except maybe off-screen dialog to the audience. I can see him narrating the demon castle war as it is happening. But to show him or have him interact with anyone else...iffy in my opinion.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2011, 11:50:39 AM »
Kurkoboltsi is good at emulating Kojima's style

(click to show/hide)

http://kurkoboltsi.deviantart.com/

though a bit more sketchy, it still looks more or less.

Sergevirusx also does a good job.

(click to show/hide)
http://sergevirusx.deviantart.com/
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2011, 12:09:42 PM »
+1
Oh....my.
That is horrifying.

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2011, 09:04:09 PM »
+1
Kurkoboltsi is good at emulating Kojima's style

(click to show/hide)

http://kurkoboltsi.deviantart.com/

though a bit more sketchy, it still looks more or less.

This guy is definitely on the radar.  The work is sketchy, but if he cleaned it up a bit, worked on his painterly skills, it would totally fit the project.

Sergevirusx also does a good job.

(click to show/hide)
http://sergevirusx.deviantart.com/

This one isn't what we're looking for.  It harkens a bit much to the Dawn of Sorrow style that turned too many fans off.

Here's one that I liked alot.

http://castlevania.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Neo_Beowulf%27s_Young_Julius_Fan_Art

« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 09:10:36 PM by cecil-kain »

Offline Phil Belmont

• Hunter in Training
  • In Castle Center
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2011, 02:37:42 AM »
+1
For Now, I did This... if I have better ideas, I will modify this video ;)

I hope you like it !

This is a Private Video, no one exept us (Castlevania Dungeon) can see it.

Castlevania Demon Castle War Teaser

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2011, 02:35:04 PM »
+1
I like the premise of it. Here's some feedback, you should add flame effects to the map parts when it changes scenes. Kinda like it's being singed. Lose the awful character portrait rips of Juilus and Alucard and provide the voiceovers only or even just dialogue text. It'll add alot more to the atmosphere of the video.  I like the being with the whole 1999 deal, but couldn't you find some better war reference to work with? The war parts where they are kinda blurry behind Juilus and Alucard are actually quite good, I think that fake gun blast is turning me off. Maybe something from like Saving Private Ryan.... along those lines. The prespective of the soliders makes it seem like it's actually a modern version of Juilus and Alucard running to the castle which would make sense and would be a cool concept. (Even though Alucard probably wouldn't have to use any guns...) You should find a better Castle too. It has LOS all over it. Maybe you can find something from deviant art and then use photoshop (or whatever) to add some cityscape to the background. Lastly, I am a fan of Vincent Price, but how about just using Drac's Laugh from Dracula's Curse? Just a thought. Hope the feedback helps you. This could have the potential to be a cool project if everything comes together. The pacing of your video is actually quite good.

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Tags:

anything