Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What is your opinion on Lament of Innocence, it's story and voice acting?  (Read 10689 times)

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: What is your opinion on Lament of Innocence, it's story and voice acting?
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2011, 09:22:17 AM »
Not sure why some people would say that COD's soundtrack is lame.

On the contrary its pretty good actually IMO.

My favs are definitely Abandoned Castle,Cordavo Town,and Mortvia Aqueduct which where all awesome tracks IMO.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2011, 10:57:44 AM »
Not sure why some people would say that COD's soundtrack is lame.

On the contrary its pretty good actually IMO.

My favs are definitely Abandoned Castle,Cordavo Town,and Mortvia Aqueduct which where all awesome tracks IMO.

CoD soundtrack isn't lame, but also nothing so special. Just a few good tracks thrown here and there. For example, listen to the Mortvia Aqueduct playing on the trailer of the game and then the one inside the game. It's different, same with pinnacle music from DoS.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2011, 11:50:47 AM »
I didn't play COD, but I have listened few tracks form the game.
My general impression that COD's soundtrack, continuues the trend of the LOI's one, being more electronical and experimental in nature than usual CV music, but it's less bombastic and less memorable. It is weaker, then LOI soundtrack.
But once again, I haven't played that game, so I can't speak for the whole soundtrack and how it works in the actual game.

Offline markyjoe1990

• The Final Boss
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I am the fooker
    • Markyjoe1990's Fire Emblem Den
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2011, 03:05:18 PM »
Well, I got Lament of Innocence.

I might do an LP of it youtube to show you guys me playing it and expressing my opinions on it, but I dunno yet. Thanks for the help, everyone.

Offline Wallachia

• hath risen
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2011, 03:29:45 PM »
I love LoS. The atmosphere and mood, yes the acting. The character Leon and his design.. The House of Sacred Remains is just so awesome and thick with atmo. That is a fun music to play after smoking a little bud. The music there is awesome too. Cool things like the Forgotten One, and the way subweapons work. I love that game still.

If you wanna know.. BEAT ME!

"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better" - Albert Einstein

Offline Wallachia

• hath risen
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2011, 03:33:10 PM »
Seeing the trailer to this day, brings back that excitement I had for this game before it came out. Awesome outting:
Castlevania: Lament of Innocence (PS2) E3 2003 Trailer

"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better" - Albert Einstein

Offline Belmont Stakes

• Registered Massholevaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Smashing controllers since 1982
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2011, 11:47:58 AM »
I am going to start with the negatives first. The lack of platforming, the sense of being in no real danger and the overuse of RPG elements. I always say that Zelda II is the perfection of the Action/Adventure/RPG hybrid. The dialogue is a little bit Richter of SOTN PS1 "what a bothersome" and "I know Rinaldo, I do know but," and "why would I lie to you, you must accept the truth (bad motion capture on Rinaldo here). The environments are blah. There is no soul no character and they belong in Simon's Quest. It's just redundant. The game's pace is slow and so are is the way enemies attack you a difficulty setting is definitely in order here. Damn how I hate what is done to Castlevania. It's always a B- to B franchise but has the potential to be a blow your balls off A+++++++++++++ series. Did someone say A or A-? A-!!!!!???? My Anus!!!!!

The game has a lot of positives though. Ok something good, something good, The music has excellent effect at certain points (The Ghostly Theater songs are haunting as is Prelude to the Abyss, this is Castlevania music people), Leon is fun to fight with, the weapons and upgrades are cool, the bosses are fun to look at (except Death) and there is a lot to find. I like the story of the whip & Dracula's origins. There is a build up to the end and it is very well done.

I suppose it is a blessing in some ways that we can dream about how we would like the games in this series to be and always have to search for....... Nah I want a fucking awesome Castlevania game not a ok decent not too shabby version. It seems sad that a lot of these storylines were wasted on games that were so so. Not enough care was given to them. Castlevania is very
much a neglected franchise and deserves to be made the right way. I don't understand why the makers don't get this fact. They recently got it right (really right) with Mortal Kombat 9. Give us some real 1987-1991 remade awesome Castlevania.
Why is this so hard to do?

This one is a mixed bag for me but I say go buy it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 01:06:14 PM by The Whipper Snapper »

Remember my name and know this. I have Suffolk Down Syndrome.

Stop me if you've heard this one.
A Belmont falls through a trap door into a square prison with no exits. After hitting three sides he smashes through the last one. Relieved and low on health he looks at the camera, smiles and says......"Pork chop?"
ULTIMATE FOURTH WALL BREAK!!! That just happened!!!

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2012, 07:12:28 PM »
*Shrugs* They're far from perfect but I enjoyed both Lament of Innocence and Curse of Darkness.

Both of them have... average Castlevania stories. >_>

They got great voice actors but the direction and script are very questionable (far less so with CoD; LoI is a ham-fest).

I liked both the soundtracks. I find it strange when people complain about CoD being standard CV fare but turn around and complain about how different Lords of Shadow's music was. O_o

Tags:

anything