Poll

Who will you join?

Dark League(Dracula's Henchmen)
4 (66.7%)
Citizens(Just a normal person)
2 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania LCD Chronicles Complete & what if Castlevania 1999 made by me?  (Read 20367 times)

Ericard

Re: Castlevania LCD Chronicles Complete & what if Castlevania 1999 made by me?
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2012, 06:39:55 AM »
Ericard buddy, you could be getting some mad good cred and positive exposure if you just actually made everything way more easily accessible. Why make it difficult so you and everybody have to lose? I get it, you want folks to register on your board, that's not too much to ask... However, by being so resilient to just sharing it openly here but talking about it really turns off everybody that was probably willing to play it. Anyhow, I'll see about registering and hope it works out better than other folk's attempts.

PM'ed

Offline Dengo vlad tepes

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2012, 07:57:10 AM »
+1
dude why don't you post the link here instead of shooting PMs ?!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 07:59:33 AM by Dengo vlad tepes »

Ericard

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2012, 05:09:15 AM »
dude why don't you post the link here instead of shooting PMs ?!

You can search somewhere else without a stable version. Choice is your's lad...

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2012, 06:38:12 AM »
You can search somewhere else without a stable version. Choice is your's lad...
...by being so resilient to just sharing it openly here but talking about it really turns off everybody that was probably willing to play it.
Dude, seriously, do you want people to play your game or not? Whatever reasoning you may have for doing this, I really can't wrap my head around it. What you're doing right now is just plain counterproductive.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Thy Gory Rory

• Hunter in Training
  • ...I'm holding my sausage hostage!
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2012, 03:36:39 PM »
I'm not sure if this is a dick move on my part but I figured I'll just post the game's download link here (which maybe Ericard could've or should've posted all along). It's from his board's after you register: http://ericard.forumotion.com/t86-castlevania-lcd-chronicles

Game: http://www.mediafire.com/?p9ahau5mtmls8ko
Pass: http://ericard.webs.com/

On the plus side, maybe this thread can now have some discussion on the actual game? But then again, 3 pages worth of this hassle really turned off quite a few people. I don't necessarily blame them. However, I'm thinking if there's some actual decent work put into this fan game... maybe everybody could appreciate it. Hey, I'm just trying to be the middleman and set everything straight for everybody. I know I should've asked first, Ericard, but this makes everything a whole lot easier for everyone in the long run.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2012, 03:56:41 PM »
FINALLY!

I'll give the game a proper review now.

UPDATE: A pretty good Game&Watch-style game. 
Controls for me take a little getting used to, as each button is supposed to deflect/neutralize a particular incoming attack.  There will be incoming bats from above, ghouls from the front (or are they skeletons?).  You have to press the appropriate button to take 'em out or disable their attacks.

Remember though, it's set up Game&Watch style (a still background, black/clear sprites, no screen scrolling) so keep your expectations in the "Tiger Handheld" mindset.  Neat little timewaster though.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 05:08:44 PM by Jorge D. Fuentes »
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2012, 05:17:20 PM »
I'm not sure if this is a dick move on my part but I figured I'll just post the game's download link here (which maybe Ericard could've or should've posted all along). It's from his board's after you register: http://ericard.forumotion.com/t86-castlevania-lcd-chronicles

Game: http://www.mediafire.com/?p9ahau5mtmls8ko
Pass: http://ericard.webs.com/

On the plus side, maybe this thread can now have some discussion on the actual game? But then again, 3 pages worth of this hassle really turned off quite a few people. I don't necessarily blame them. However, I'm thinking if there's some actual decent work put into this fan game... maybe everybody could appreciate it. Hey, I'm just trying to be the middleman and set everything straight for everybody. I know I should've asked first, Ericard, but this makes everything a whole lot easier for everyone in the long run.
If my suspicions are correct and Ericard keeps this up regardless, he's gonna ban you from his forum, take that link down, and reupload the game to a different link.
So yeah, grab it while it's still available, peeps.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 05:19:05 PM by VladCT »
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2012, 05:30:28 PM »
+1
I don't understand why someone can't give a fucking link on the forum instead of having to make the people register an account that they'll NEVER use just to download the game.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2012, 05:45:34 PM »
I don't understand why someone can't give a fucking link on the forum instead of having to make the people register an account that they'll NEVER use just to download the game.

^Pretty much this.

Anyway, I may or may not give the game a shot. Depends on whether or not I'm up to downloading it or just freakin' playing Contra 3 like I told myself I'd do all week.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2012, 07:26:04 PM »
I thought this thread was closed...lol well, there is a actual link now. I'll sample it sometime this week and provide some feedback...

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Ericard

« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2012, 05:25:05 AM »
Good luck bro...
Feel free to have fun...
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 05:27:32 AM by Ericard »

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - First Place 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 2nd Place Award One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2012, 07:37:00 AM »
Still not getting the whole ''spread link via PMs'' ordeal though.

Just for the sake of registering?   ???

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2012, 02:52:42 PM »
Some people fancy themselves way more important and entitled than they really are. That is all that is going on here.

Offline Tanatra

• Everything Burns
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2012, 03:37:16 PM »
This topic is just plain hilarious. The OP is all like "Play my game. . . if you can!" *Rubs hands together diabolically* "Muhahaha!!!"

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2012, 03:58:07 PM »
This topic is just plain hilarious. The OP is all like "Play my game. . . if you can!" *Rubs hands together diabolically* "Muhahaha!!!"
Good Good
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Tags:

anything