Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Cool. Nintendo's Wii-U does do DLC  (Read 4683 times)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« on: January 22, 2013, 01:24:16 PM »
+1
I was browsing the Wii-U's eShop and noticed a new icon next to Assassin's Creed III.
It's a little cube (the cube icon usually means 'you own this game') with a little plus (+) sign next to it.

Indeed, now you can get downloadable content.

I know it's not much in terms of news, but it's nice to see that Nintendo is adopting this feature into its shop content.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 02:51:16 PM »
I'm glad Nintendo is taking cues from competitors for once, like including patching and DLC!

It's a weird place with a weird mentality for development and how things should be done. I love them, but they seriously need to take a good hard look at themselves and the state of the industry.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 04:09:54 PM »
One of the Assassin's Creed III DLC is free, but it's just a language pack for people who want the game in Portuguese.
The others are two new 'packs', which is nice.

I did not expect Nintendo to adopt DLC so early (or even at all for some things) so it's good to see them getting the ball rolling.
I have not seen software patches for existing games (at least none of mine).  I'm sure it should be available though, similar to how it's got system update downloads and other stuff.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 04:16:29 PM »
The only game that comes to mind, immediately, is Mario Kart 7. http://kotaku.com/5911407/theres-a-mario-kart-7-patch-in-this-weeks-nintendo-download
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 09:36:49 AM by TheCruelAngel »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 10:03:50 PM »
Oh that's right, New Super Mario Bros. 2 does it as well.
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015 -  Christmas Award 3rd Place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Bronze 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 12:13:40 PM »
Call me weird but I like the charm of bugs on console original games.
It leads to... interesting scenarios from time to time.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 04:12:49 PM »
Like Sequence Breaking in Metroid Prime!  METROID PRIME EARLY PLASMA AND JUMPBOOTS FTW!
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 09:49:27 AM »
Like Sequence Breaking in Metroid Prime!  METROID PRIME EARLY PLASMA AND JUMPBOOTS FTW!

Please direct me on how to do this so I can give it a try!
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2013, 10:16:21 AM »
+1
Here's the trick:
SPACE JUMP FIRST (you can search this on the Internet):

It can be done the easiest on the original USA NTSC Gamecube version.  It's not impossible to do on the EUR version but it's trickier to do.  Not sure if it works on the PLAYER'S CHOICE or TRILOGY versions.

I'll give you the rundown:
-Once you're done with the Orpheon Space Frigate segment, Samus will touch down on planet Tallon IV.
-Get familiar with the controls, specifically the strafe jump dash and the scan visor.

If you've ever played the game before, you know that the SpaceJump Boots (DoubleJump) are actually in a room very close to where Samus touches down, to the immediate right of her ship.  However, she cannot normally reach that platform (I think you need bombs or something, I forget, it doesn't matter).

-While on top of your ship, turn around and walk towards the right thruster of your ship (since you just turned around, it'll be on YOUR left).
-Walk all the way up to when you're almost no longer on top of the thruster.  Turn around.
-In the distance, you will see a pretty tree with red fruit/flowers.
-Turn on your SCAN VISOR
-You will get a lock on the red flowers, but the visor will say "Object out of scanning range".

Here's the trick:  In the early versions of Metroid Prime, you could perform a few oddities with your dashjump dodge and your scan visor.  One of them was a pretty cool 'extended doge jump', which you will perform now.  Here's how it's done:

-Have a target lock with your scan visor (the flower)
-Do a dashjump dodge to the right while targetting.
-IMMEDIATELY after doing the dashjump, let go off your target lock.  You must be precise.  The moment you dashjump to the right, lose your lock.  Samus will perform a long dodge and land on the platform to the right of her ship.  When you dash jump, flick the control stick (do not hold) just before the dash.  The key here is to not be pressing any buttons when you release the scan visor lock.
-Then just jump over the short pits and walk through the door there and grab the boots. :D

Metroid Prime - Early Space Jump

Grabbing the boots early gives you some nice options as to what to do in the game:
-Skip the Hive Mecha battle.
-Grab the Morph Ball early.
-Skip the Plated Beetle battle.

-------

Search online for "Early Plasma Beam" or "Metroid 2002 early plasma beam" as the steps are a bit more complicated.
You can also get the Ice Beam early. :D

Playing Metroid Prime on SequenceBreak Mode makes for a refreshing experience for game veterans.  The best game version is the original Gamecube version, as the guys at Retro patched a lot of the stuff people were doing when they made the EUR and the Player's Choice versions, sadly.

Also, it won't work on the Wii version but I forget why.

You must obey Da Rulez!

anything