Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: MJ1990 & EEW Commentary: Castlevania III Longplay  (Read 3451 times)

Offline markyjoe1990

• The Final Boss
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I am the fooker
    • Markyjoe1990's Fire Emblem Den
    • Awards
MJ1990 & EEW Commentary: Castlevania III Longplay
« on: March 19, 2013, 11:12:18 AM »
Heeeeeey everyone. Remember me? Probably not. I'm the dude who made that one Eternal Candle Challenge run of Super Castlevania IV, along with a bunch of castlevania commentaries. I also have an unfinished project called "Haunted Castle: The Musical", which I haven't gotten around to working on because... my winning footage of the game got lost after I caught a virus.

Anyways, enough about irrelevant stuff, let's talk about Castlevania III.

I've always liked this game, but I can understand the complaints about some of the level design, especially on Alucard's route. There's a sum of cheap situations that kind of hurt the game's experience, but overall, I think the game is still really good. Sypha's route is probably the most fair, and it uses my preferred character. Then again, maybe it just seems the most fair cause I'm most effective with her. =X

Speaking of effective, while EvilEggoWaffle and I don't die too much in this playthrough, I did go out of my way to cut the footage to show only progress and deaths. However, this does compromise some of the commentary, since some of the more interesting bits of discussion ended up getting removed. To satisfy both kinds of viewers, I'm going to upload an uncut version of this playthrough as well, so that those interested enough will get to see the extra bits of commentary.

I hope y'all enjoy. Criticism and feedback is not only welcome but encouraged, so feel free to tell me I'm the hitler of commentaries or some crazy shit like that, so long as it's constructive. =P

MJ1990 & EEW Longplay Co-Commentary: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse - Part 1 (Progress Only Cut)
MJ1990 & EEW Longplay Co-Commentary: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse - Part 2 (Progress Only Cut)
MJ1990 & EEW Longplay Co-Commentary: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (Uncut Version)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 10:26:44 PM by markyjoe1990 »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: MJ1990 & EEW Commentary: Castlevania III Longplay
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 11:51:55 AM »
Hey markyjoe1990 welcome back  :D If you're still curious about what happened with the cyclops stun issue, it's apparently either a glitch or a trick of some kind. It is executed by throwing the dagger at the cyclops and if the dagger hits the cyclops at the same moment a bolt of lightning strikes in the sky, the lightning will hit the cyclops and stun him along with causing damage. I read about it in a Nintendo Power issue. And so what if your friend has nothing but sex jokes in his repertoire, go with what you know right?. Besides it's all the more fun just to listen to you guys arguing while doing a "supposed review"  :D
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline markyjoe1990

• The Final Boss
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I am the fooker
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 12:03:03 PM »
Hey markyjoe1990 welcome back  :D If you're still curious about what happened with the cyclops stun issue, it's apparently either a glitch or a trick of some kind. It is executed by throwing the dagger at the cyclops and if the dagger hits the cyclops at the same moment a bolt of lightning strikes in the sky, the lightning will hit the cyclops and stun him along with causing damage. I read about it in a Nintendo Power issue. And so what if your friend has nothing but sex jokes in his repertoire, go with what you know right?. Besides it's all the more fun just to listen to you guys arguing while doing a "supposed review"  :D
Are you sure about that dagger thing? EvilEggoWaffle didn't even land that dagger and the lightning still struck the Cyclops. Well, if nothing else, there's some kind of procedure for it's execution. Maybe the dagger just needs to be on the same horizantal axis as the Cyclops when lightning strikes?

My issue with sex jokes is that alongside gross-out humor, it's the lowest common denominator for comedy, and I've become more concerned with appealing to a more mature audience. That and... EvilEggoWaffle has an unhealthy obsession with the word "dick". It gets on my nerves, y'know?

But yeah, I guess when I bring EEW, I shouldn't try so hard to act all professional. Or maybe I should? Contrast between personas can make for some good comedy. I dunno. =X

Offline Fofa

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 06:49:34 PM »
I also have an unfinished project called "Haunted Castle: The Musical", which I haven't gotten around to working on because... my winning footage of the game got lost after I caught a virus.

I wondered what happened to the musical.

Offline markyjoe1990

• The Final Boss
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I am the fooker
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 09:31:32 PM »
I wondered what happened to the musical.
Yeah. I'm sorry I didn't do more. Though... on top of losing the footage, I kind of ran out of ideas beyond stage 1.

Offline markyjoe1990

• The Final Boss
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I am the fooker
    • Awards
Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013, 08:34:52 PM »
Hey pretty cool, you should try this "second quest" in the future :P
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline markyjoe1990

• The Final Boss
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I am the fooker
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2013, 10:25:40 PM »
And finally we have the version without any cuts, allowing viewers to enjoy parts of the commentary unseen in the progress only cut versions.

MJ1990 & EEW Longplay Co-Commentary: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (Uncut Version)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2013, 01:22:05 PM »
So that knife trick VS Cyclops really works? Cool, I've never seen that before, only heard about it weeks ago.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2013, 05:07:11 PM »
Yes, its the same channel. :P
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Tags: