Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: My Minecraft Castlevania  (Read 5682 times)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« on: August 09, 2013, 11:55:20 PM »
+3
Castlevania on Minecraft - My Castle with my music!

You may or may not know, but I have a small Castlevania-themed Minecraft server (thread here).  I just did a small recording of some of the stages in my Castle.

Enjoy!
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 06:28:49 AM »
You call a half hour video small? :o
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 09:01:49 AM »
Giant Medusa's statue!!! :D

26:52 - He is human?

I wanted to see the area after you run through the falling bridge T.T

Great video.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Tanatra

• Everything Burns
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
Re: My Minecraft Castlevania
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 12:27:17 PM »
Wow, so this is what you were referring to when you told me you had designed the Villa in Minecraft; I had no idea you did the rest of the castle as well.  :o At first I thought that this was just a rendition of castle from CV64 and that the Main Hall was actually the Villa, but there are nods to quite a few CV games here.

I always regarded Orlox's Quarters, The Villa, and Inner Quarters as the same area *shrugs*.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 06:53:44 AM »
Giant Medusa's statue!!! :D

26:52 - He is human?

I wanted to see the area after you run through the falling bridge T.T

Great video.

That's a Werewolf.
During the daytime, they are human and don't bother you.
During the night-time, however... they're vicious and only silver weapons hurt them.

The only enemy that drops silver weaponry is the Silver Skeleton (there are a few in the video, they look armored and different than normal skeletons).

I couldn't show you EVERYTHING.  ;)  There's still work to be done.  Plus the upper sections should be a surprise. ;D
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2013, 10:05:35 AM »
I'm curious as to how you're going to pull off the inner-workings of the clock tower. Does Minecraft even have such options?
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2013, 11:49:10 AM »
Well, since he did a elevator maybe he have a way to do that, elevators arent normal in Minecraft. Oh, only letting you guys know, its not possible to pirated minecrafts join the server, so Im not joining it until I buy a original one, Im saying that in the case that someone can be waiting for me lol
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2013, 12:44:30 PM »
It's not expensive.
If you have $26 you can get it.

And yeah, my server is modded so I have access to a few things that aren't in vanilla minecraft.
The elevators were one of them.

Another is 'wireless redstone' which allows me to save real estate and wiring by using wireless redstone routing.
This will allow me to have plenty of open space inside the clock tower's clockwork room for gearworks.
It's similar to how I got the Collapsing Bridge to work. ;)

As for moving gearworks, there's a way I can currently do it, but I have to see how much it starts to lag the server when I have it.
Otherwise it'll be gearworks that don't move (or only few gears would move).
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2013, 01:22:04 PM »
$26 is converted to almost R$60, its a lot of money here, I'll buy it when I get a job (Along with some more cool cheap games). Thanks for your hint, since I dont knew how much it is costing :)
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2013, 10:00:46 AM »
As for moving gearworks, there's a way I can currently do it, but I have to see how much it starts to lag the server when I have it.
Otherwise it'll be gearworks that don't move (or only few gears would move).

Well the gears don't have to move. It would be just like the original castlevania where they are stagnant. If it's too much  lag for the server then stationary gears would be the best way to go. I'm just wondering if it's possible to actually make the gears look like actual gears. Minecraft is pretty much block-building right? So how would you be able to pull it off? I'm very interest in that.  :)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2013, 10:12:25 AM »
in the same way that we do round things with pixels, illusion :P
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2013, 02:00:07 PM »
In the HC101 Minecraft Thread, I showed how the gear would look and be animated.
However, I'm not sure having many moving structures would be good for the server load, as it would probably add lag.

I will test it sometime when all the other stages are done and converged, and see if it can be done without slowdown.  Otherwise, they'll be stationary gears like in Castlevania 1.

You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline AngelicDefier

• "Well, not bad huh?"
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2013, 09:14:03 AM »
This castle is not small by any means, it's gigantic!

On a side note: Simon can actually swim in this version of Castlevania *snickers*

Awesome work!

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2013, 11:18:15 AM »
Update: I think I figured out how to pepper the rooms with exotic enemies.
:D
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2013, 11:44:41 AM »
Like a merman?
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Tags: