Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Just another Castlevania fan-game...  (Read 66246 times)

Offline Lanforse

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #180 on: May 26, 2016, 09:49:40 AM »
the door dosnt open
That's bad. That's REALLY bad...
Oh, and what do you thing about that Behemoth boss? And how many times you died trying to jump off the logs in water back to top?

Update: God damn it! Yes, the door isn't opened as it should. I'll made a quick fix and re-upload the game. The saves will be compatible so you can continue from your last checkpoint.

Update2: I've Re-uploaded the main game and changed all links. Now the door should work:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uhccgj5i9p4lc28/Castlevania%20demo%202%20fixed.exe?dl=0
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 10:28:39 AM by Lanforse »

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #181 on: May 26, 2016, 01:25:38 PM »
That's bad. That's REALLY bad...
Oh, and what do you thing about that Behemoth boss? And how many times you died trying to jump off the logs in water back to top?

Update: God damn it! Yes, the door isn't opened as it should. I'll made a quick fix and re-upload the game. The saves will be compatible so you can continue from your last checkpoint.

Update2: I've Re-uploaded the main game and changed all links. Now the door should work:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uhccgj5i9p4lc28/Castlevania%20demo%202%20fixed.exe?dl=0

At 1st i think thats easy, later i was FUCK... i think i die 2 times, its a hard jump but if you remember that you have a turbo jump and whip its more easy.

Holy Hell!!! that was the Final Boss? I like it a lot!!!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 02:20:02 PM by Jop »

Offline Lanforse

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #182 on: May 27, 2016, 12:18:51 PM »
Yeah, congratulations! I'm really glad you liked it!
How long it took to complete the game?

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #183 on: May 28, 2016, 08:01:24 AM »
Yeah, congratulations! I'm really glad you liked it!
How long it took to complete the game?

mmm i think it was 3 or 4 hours? im not sure i think it was 3, die a lot, didnt count the time when i wasnt capable to open the door so i go to the beggining of the game and only found something weird:
use spoiler since i dont know if this affect
(click to show/hide)

There is one stair in the game that i think works bad, i dont have a screenshot but when i have time i will show you.

Offline Lanforse

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #184 on: May 28, 2016, 09:50:05 AM »
Yep, you're right. Both of them are the ways to new levels.
And the "bad" stair is really interested me... I can't even guess, what does it mean.

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #185 on: June 05, 2016, 01:15:31 PM »
Well im not good playing, have a lot of death but perhaps this help to continue or give ideas of how to avoid some areas i will put this playlist i made for all the areas (i think are all the areas)

I dont recorded the deaths so its not going to be a long video.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMeONOh3XtrN7TDq_hseSsEYuTIXuo50k

I think all know this but just only in case this Videos are SPOILER to the demo so dont watch if you dont want that.

Offline MooMilk

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure (GB)
« Reply #186 on: June 05, 2016, 02:48:38 PM »
Jop, what's the latest on your original sprite hack for COTM. Did you get Jorge to make sprites for all your characters mugshot?

Offline Lanforse

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #187 on: June 20, 2016, 10:21:42 AM »
While I'm quite busy with my work, I want to show my old project called "Langrisser R". Is anyone familiar with the Langrisser series? It's a tactical JRPG, very similar to the famous Fire Emblem series.
So, a few years ago I've tried to make my own engine. It was semi-successful, I guess. Everything what I planned from start is done... But the game isn't completed, just the engine.

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #188 on: July 09, 2016, 02:57:37 AM »
Ah Langrisser. And Urushihara with his adorable drawings of rubbery, bouncy shiny titties. Aw, fond memories from the late 90s...
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Lanforse

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #189 on: September 07, 2016, 04:21:24 AM »
I am still alive!
I've been on a vacation for two months, so there's almost no progress at all. But now I'm full of energy and fresh ideas.
I'm going to finish the project by this winter - my roadmap is pretty clear and I have everything I need... Except decent name. And soundtrack. Still can't find anything better than a SCV4 OST.

Offline eryson

• The Fangaems Connoisseur
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: DraculaXX (SNES)
« Reply #190 on: September 08, 2016, 04:21:52 PM »
You can add other CV remixes, Maybe in the Jorge's youtube channel you can fing something what you want.
if the remix not match with the SCV4 style, you can replace the existing SNES OST with remixes, exists some full-remixed OSTs somewere here.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #191 on: September 08, 2016, 06:22:31 PM »
You could name it after a song, which would also work for a Castlevania name.

Rhapsody in Blue
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWJ-kGuOA_Q
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Lanforse

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #192 on: September 09, 2016, 12:02:06 AM »
That isn't that easy. I've tried dozen different remixes, but for my game it feels like no one feels better than the classic SCV4 OST. I have only 2 or 3 custom tracks that were remixed with SNES soundfont, so they're almost indistinguishable from others.

The other thing is that I'm using this OST from the very beginning of my development, so everything is made to fit with it. I guess that's my main problem. Some good people already offered me to use their awesome work, but I had to refuse because of those reasons.

So, I just need to stop whining about music (sorry about that), and just stick with that I currently have. I know it isn't the best decision, because SCV4 is really old and everyone heard that music thousands times... But isn't the worst either, I hope. The last thing I can do is to add more CV4 soundfont-like remixes, but I can't find any.

And speaking of the name... Well, I feel like being choosy bastard once again.
- This is very old-school game (or at least I'm trying to make if feels like it), so it feels wrong to use music references or "X of Y" style.
- There's nothing that mentioned Dracula's name in the whole game, so I can't use it either.
- That counts the Simon's name too. It's suggested that the main character IS Simon Belmont, but there's no any direct references to it.
- "Shadows", "Darkness", "Curse" and others like that are just too overused by so many fangames
- I can't use the "blood" word because there's almost no blood, unlike CV:Bloodlines or even Rondo of Blood (Behemoth, Death).

So yeah, Castlevania sub-title without any "X of Y", "Dracula", "Blood", "Darkness", "Shadows", "Curse"... Am I even making a Castlevania game..?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 12:06:33 AM by Lanforse »

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #193 on: September 09, 2016, 05:45:03 AM »
So yeah, Castlevania sub-title without any "X of Y", "Dracula", "Blood", "Darkness", "Shadows", "Curse"... Am I even making a Castlevania game..?

Yep you are, and I think I get exactly what you mean. You're wanting to avoid grandeur, because that's what the game is: simple and straight-forward.

About the soundtrack, have you heard this one? See if this fits into your game (it's an arrange of the entire SCIV OST):
http://www1.axfc.net/u/3084083.zip/belmond

1. Click this
2. Click on "click here to start download"
3. It won't start. Click this

About the name, I dunno if you're open to suggestions and if I can be so bold to offer a name for something I didn't contribute in any meaningful way, but what about "Castlevania: Apocrypha"? I'm not trying to use big, impacful words for no reason here. The logic is that this work seems to be something that WOULD fit in a Castlevania Chronicles kinda idea (a retelling of Simon's adventure, for instance), but, as the definition of apocrypha says, the game is either "of unknown authorship, or of doubtful authenticity, or spurious, or not considered to be within a particular canon."

The idea is that this game, this depiction of "a vampire hunter's exploits to defeat Dracula", is the same old Castlevania myth but doesn't fit the official material (for the obvious reasons why a fan work is never official), yet still offers enough of a valid reason to be enjoyed -- like one reads an apocryphal text for the interest into "the differences" in comparison to the official text.

It's basically a cute/elaborated way of saying "Castlevania: Just Another Fangame"
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 04:40:48 PM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline eryson

• The Fangaems Connoisseur
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: DraculaXX (SNES)
« Reply #194 on: September 09, 2016, 04:30:38 PM »
The link doesnt work :-\ But if this is the same i'm thinking, maybe i have it here in the files, but i dont know where :)

Well, in the Youtube exists some remixes in SNES style, a few of them in SCV4 chiptune, but one or other are good enought

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWBFSHPSeH0

Tags:

anything