Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: I made a special grunge collection  (Read 1571 times)

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« on: June 24, 2013, 05:18:01 AM »
The Goal: Review of the Grunge sensation of the (early) 90's and its effects on rock music.

The Means: Making a collection of Grunge / Alternative Metal songs by non-Grunge bands or Grunge bands NOT INCLUDING the "Big Four" that are Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden. Inspecting the rise and fall of the music style in America and outside of it by trying to find non-American Grunge bands.

The Result:
1. Understanding that Grunge was a short-lived music style or not a music style at all. There were hardly a dozen decent bands who played music that fits the genre, the others are better defined as "alternative rock" or "melancholic metal" or whatever.
2. There were hardly any Grunge bands outside America, or let me say, the ones that exist are better defined as Alternative rock / metal than Grunge.
3. If Nirvana indeed was the only band that played Grunge, it was not altogether original. Green River probably started Grunge. Pearl Jam had better lyrics; Chris Cornell is a better vocalist; Alice in Chains was Darker and more melancholic. So what is Nirvana left with? Probably craziest, most depressed and drugged-up vocalist and the best legacy.

The List:

1. Green River- This Town
2. Hole- Violet
3. Mudhoney- In 'n Out of Grace
4. Screaming Trees- Nearly Lost You
5. Stone Temple Pilots- Vasoline
6. Suicidal Tendencies- Nobody Hears
7. Faith No More- Ashes to Ashes
8. Anthrax- Only
9. L7- Andres
10. Temple of the Dog- Say Hello to Heaven
11. Seaweed- Crush us All
12. A.N.I.M.A.L- Enclavo de Ilusion
13. Hole- Burn Black
14. Trouble- Plastic Green Head
15. Bush- The Chemicals Between us
16. Nebo Zdes - Nebo zdes
17. Union Youth- Inbreeding
18. Paw- Jessie
19. Faith No More- Midlife Crisis
20. Devianz -Vos enfants sont aussi des animaux
21. L7- Wargasm
22. In Veins - Trust a Little
23. Anthrax- Safe Home
24. Suicidal Tendencies - Monopoly on Sorrow
25. Trouble- Opium Eater
26. The Toadies- Posseum Kingdom
27. Sponge- Plowed
28. Devianz - Épistophane
29. Nebo Zdes - Smerti Net
30. Mudhoney- Overblown
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Tags: