Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Symphony of the night HACKED! I bet you thought I had quit? ;)  (Read 260015 times)

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
That post is just overflowing with contradictions. I really don't know where to begin. By no means were any of your explanations clear, as you defined ticks as two different things in your previous post. Then you even admit you weren't even using the right terminology. You claim I'm nitpicking, cause you dont have your stuff together?

Sexist comments too? You have the class of a 3rd grader.

respect--;

It's called a joke. Get over it, Uzo.

And it made sense to me.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Esco

• In SERIOUS need of sprite help for the SOTN HACKED engine! PM me please if you can help.
  • Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
That post is just overflowing with contradictions. I really don't know where to begin. By no means were any of your explanations clear, as you defined ticks as two different things in your previous post. Then you even admit you weren't even using the right terminology. You claim I'm nitpicking, cause you dont have your stuff together?

Sexist comments too? You have the class of a 3rd grader.

That really should be your new avatar..... lol

respect--;

I am sorry but there has been a genuine mistake made here........ you have mistaken me for someone who cares.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 07:06:58 PM by Esco »
- Esco... the original New Yurican and creator of the Castlevania: SOTN Hacked Engine!

Link to the blog for the "hack:" http://sotnhacked.wordpress.com

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
I think everyone needs to calm the hell down.

Esco:  That was totally way way sexist, what you said.  And I know you probably don't care what I think, but sexism of that regard is not tolerated any more than racism or any other intolerant nonsense.  I will enforce Forum Protocol, no matter how prestigious your project is.

Uzo:  You DO indeed nitpick everything.  Sometimes when you have a thought.... it's best to just let it go. 

Also, a 'tick' is any unit of time the person saying 'a tick' defines.  Like "Wait a tick" where there isn't a particular definition...

"A mark on any scale of measurement; a unit of measurement. "
"4. Informal  A unit on a scale; a degree"
"2.Informal. a moment or instant."

Esco even went and defined it as 1/60th of a second (that's his unit on his scale; his degree).  I am ALSO aware that a tick is a machine language unit of measurement, dealing with cpu cycles and system clocks, but you should have enough brains in that head of yours to know the difference between the two terms, OR have the prudence to go "Hmmm, maybe Esco didn't mean the 'tick' I think he means!" instead of "He didn't mean it like how I mean it and only MY WAY MATTERS" which is the way you think (sorry pal, but it's the truth).

------

So I ask everyone once again: calm the fuck down or I'll warn & ban the whole lot of you.

Oh, and don't bother responding to this post: just adhere to what I have to say 'cuz I'm really not interested in hearing it.  This is pointless bickering that's not necessary anywhere in the forum.  And, as my school teacher used to say: "I don't care who started it.  I'm going to finish it!"

I expect better from this forum.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

Behold my true form......IS A CHAIR!!!

Offline Esco

• In SERIOUS need of sprite help for the SOTN HACKED engine! PM me please if you can help.
  • Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
Another update has been put up on the blog: this one should be HUGE news to anyone who is like me and ABHORS the idea of using a keyboard to play SOTN.  8)
- Esco... the original New Yurican and creator of the Castlevania: SOTN Hacked Engine!

Offline ScionOfBalance

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
Good thing i own a gamepad.Never liked to play SOTN on epsxe with the keyboard.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
Glad to see your progress going good. ^__^
"Stuff and things."

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Reading your aims with this project on your blog excited me! You're doing the right thing and I can't wait to see a video of the Castle Entrance! :)

Offline Esco

• Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
Thanks for the support peoples; just so you guys know what a PAIN in the ass duplicating the view in SOTN was, here is the comments section from the top of it with all the details on how it works:

///////////////////The View in SOTN//
//
//the view is set so that it is the equivalent of 256*206 in GM; for the horizontal view, the full tile is show on both sides of
//the screen at all times. //Generally, on the horizontal sides it ends with 2 tiles on each extreme left/right of the room; nice
//and simple. The vertical view is a bit more complex: when the player is at the extreme top and bottom of the room, it stops
//when the top & bottom tiles are half shown in view (each tile is 16x16). HOWEVER, all other times the view normally
//stops when the tile on the bottom of the screen has only 1/4th of it shown (4 pixels) and the top block has 3/4th's
//of it shown (12 pixels). This code below PAINSTAIKINGLY duplicates this. It uses several variables (all listed below)
//that are declared in the hitbox object's create script. I also had to acount for the fact that if you are hugging the ceiling
//or floor as a bat when either view suddenly was set back to the normal limit (top & bottom of the screen) that in SOTN
//it SLOWLY adjusts to where it should be rather than instantly jerking into place.
//
//The view is limited in game by objects that place a limit on any of the 4 sides, and then another to reenable it. the vertical view
//is disabled a few times in the game (though not often relatively speaking). The horizontal view is rarely disabled; I in fact
//can only think of 1 instance where it is: in the intro stage when fighting Dracula.

//Variables Involved:
//Disable Hscroll/Vscroll: indicates if some part of the view is limited.
//Disable_hscroll: 1 = left side limited, 2 = right side limited, 3 = both limited
//Disable_vscroll: 1 = top side limited, 2 = bottom side limited, 3 = both limited
//
//left/right/etc. limit: hold the limit on all 4 sides of the screen. If no part is disabled they are defaulted as listed below:
//left_limit: 32 (2 tiles)
//right_limit: room_width-32
//bottom_limit: 40 (2.5 tiles)
//top_limit: room_height-16 (1 tile)
//
//to set these limitson the object put the mouse over where you want the view to stop in the room editor (y and x sizes
//should be set to 4 each). Next if on the top add 1; if on the bottom subtract 1. Set these in the creation script for the object.
//The Disable object needs this value; however both the enable/disable objects must have the correct disable_xxxxx value
//in them to work right.
//
//set left/right/etc. view: used when the view is changed and needs to be slowly adjusted. This will make sure that if you are
//hugging that side of the screen that was just changed, it won't jerk but instead move slowly into place.
//For all four, 1 = view has been set already and doesn't need adjusting; if = 0 needs adjusting
//The vars are: set_left_view, set_right_view, set_bottom_view, set_top_view

* A quick note: when I say above that a tile is shown a certain amount at all times, I mean when standing on a flat 16x16 tile for the vertical, and when standing right next to a flat 16x16 tile for the horizontal.

Long story short: the h view was easy; the v view was hell. lol
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 03:31:10 AM by Esco »

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
"Stuff and things."

Offline Esco

• Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
I put another update up: feel free to check it out on the blog.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
    • Awards
I have only one suggestion as an improvement on the original SotN. It's a minor thing, but why not just not allow the sliding animation at all in situations where Richter isn't allowed to move anyway? You gotta admit it looks kinda silly doing a slide animation against a wall or on an upward slope.

While were at it, did Richter's slide on downward slopes have an alternate animation that made him look like he was sliding downward? If not, that might be a good thing to add.

Anyway, glad to see this progressing so well. ^___^

Edit: Had another, completely unrelated idea for you to consider. You know how all the transition rooms have that generic look for the purpose of hiding loading times? Since this is a GM project now there won't be any need for the loading buffer. So I was thinking it might be cool to redo all these rooms using the tiles from the preceding area. It would help to liven things up a bit on a purely aesthetic level. If you wanted to be evil you could add traps and enemies to these little areas too.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 05:07:34 AM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
Wait, so Richter can't do the Super Jump chain anymore? You know... Super Jump, SJ again in midair, again after that, etc...

That'll make it quite hard to reach certain rooms as Richter, but I guess you already have a workaround for that?
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 03:48:02 AM by Pemburu Vampir »

Offline Esco

• Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
I put up a quick FAQ on the blog: everybody please read this FAQ. It will answer many of the most common questions, and keep people from asking me the same question 20 times in a row.  8)

Tags:

anything