Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: The Accursed Seal - a cv2 remake  (Read 45138 times)

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
Re: Castlevania: The Accursed Seal - a cv2 remake
« Reply #60 on: July 22, 2011, 12:49:14 AM »
Yeah, it'd look pretty nice if done right on the coat-Simon you made.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2011, 02:38:40 AM »
Yeah, it'd look pretty nice if done right on the coat-Simon you made.

lol, that'll get the glory soon enough, that Simon is my own creation, I'm gonna take extra care into that one.
here is an improved version of the animation, now all that there is left is touch ups in the frames.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: July 22, 2011, 03:01:08 AM »
lol, that'll get the glory soon enough, that Simon is my own creation, I'm gonna take extra care into that one.
here is an improved version of the animation, now all that there is left is touch ups in the frames.

His right arm looks multi-segmented. You might wanna fix the shading at the elbow.

Offline julianbelmontxx1

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #63 on: July 22, 2011, 12:11:43 PM »
looks cool.
in my opinion,there´s no need for you to improve it.
how´s the first mansion going?

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #64 on: July 22, 2011, 02:23:38 PM »
The right arm definitely looks disjointed and unnatural. Also, his feet are shifting forward one pixel instead of his legs flexing which is also very unnatural. It's a good start but there is quite a bit of room for improvement. Study how Richter and Fake Trevor are animated and you should be fine.
"Stuff and things."

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: July 22, 2011, 06:55:17 PM »
@ julianbelmontxx1 - I've gotten pretty far in mapping Berkeley Mansion, expect a bit of a overhaul in it since the Original Berkeley Mansion is quite boring in design, I'll post it as soon as I'm ready.

@Inccudus oh yeah, i fixed the arm and legs with some cleanup, this is near final with the animation

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: July 22, 2011, 09:23:02 PM »
Looks awesome, imo. Only thing I can think of is to make this upper half shift forward and down as he goes down, and back up as he goes up.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #67 on: July 22, 2011, 10:23:55 PM »
Nice job! Only thing I'd change is that square noggin. Looks like you have one too many pixels. ^___^
"Stuff and things."

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: July 23, 2011, 07:44:05 AM »
@Inccudus oh yeah, i fixed the arm and legs with some cleanup, this is near final with the animation

Nope, the arm still looks odd. It's those grey pixels on his arm. And his elbow sticks out a pixel or two too far. And on his head, I'd suggest getting rid of the top left pixel of his hair (the corner). It'd make it look more natural. Also, try adding a little more shading to the hair.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #69 on: July 23, 2011, 01:26:55 PM »
I should also point out that his hair isn't moving with accordance to the rest of the sprite itself. I'll try to explain it so you can get idea. As is, when Simon moves up, his hair also moves up too. In reality when a person with medium or long hair gets up the hair will not follow suit. It will only be effected when said person moves down that the hair will have a delayed reaction and lag in the air for a second before following the person in the direction he moved. So as the sprite moves up in his stance, the hair shouldn't move at all. After he peaks and starts to move down again then the hair should delay falling then fall down and meet the rest of the sprite.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: July 23, 2011, 05:24:56 PM »
meh, I'll come back to it in time, I'm gonna work on more of Berkeley Mansion, but not today, today is Dev-free day as I noticed All I was thinking was in dev mode and it really bothered me how your own yet to be born creation haunts you. I went to the beach today and freed the project from my mind, then came up with a great Idea.
There will be no unlockable characters, instead of doing the hair thing I had a new Idea.
Castlevania gets a Classic cV2 simon redone, that's if the creator will agree for me to use his stuff in my game
Super Castlevania gets the Simon I'm Featuring at the moment, If this is done, He gets new colors for his armor.
Castlevania Chronicles get the coated simon from my Da page.

All 3 Simons are gonna play Differently and will resemble thier counterparts well.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: July 23, 2011, 06:08:45 PM »
You can bet your ass Ill always play Chronicles mode. :3

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: July 26, 2011, 09:14:53 PM »
Permission Granted, here are the 3 Simons, sporting a new recolor of Super Simon with a smaller sword.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: July 27, 2011, 01:01:52 AM »
I love that coat Simon. ;D

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #74 on: July 27, 2011, 09:17:54 AM »
Oh hey look, it's Simon, Trevor, and Jonathan Morris.

Tags: