Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Hacked version of Harmony of Dissonance made by my friend  (Read 32594 times)

Offline lovecastlevania

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Hacked version of Harmony of Dissonance made by my friend
« on: September 20, 2007, 12:55:35 PM »
Hey friends, I would like to introduce and share my friends
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 07:01:00 AM by lovecastlevania »

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: Hacked version of Harmony of Dissonance made by my friend
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 01:06:05 PM »
In Reply To #1

Sounds cool.I'll give it a try and i'll let you know what i think about it tomorow.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline redrum

• Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 01:35:23 PM »
unless you completely disassembled the code and did some MAJOR overhauling to the majority of it, most of these things would be impossible.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 03:48:34 PM by redrum »

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 01:47:11 PM »
Well I saw some of them already. During the prologue Heart of Fire from aos plays. Juste has a new stance which speeds up like Sotn Richter's then changes. I found some bugs though.

1 - When juste equips a spellbook the lifebars revert to their old palette.
2 - The giant bat is screwed up. A bunch of jumbled up sprites.
3 - Maxim's blood is white when he dies.
4 - Julius's cursed palette is awful.

Gonna test more later.

Edit: Julius mode is pretty cool. Will simon be able to use the items he collects though? What about the relics? I got once stuck in one place (entrance, the underground part) because Simon can't jump high enough to get out of there. :P
I can't progress either, there's one platform just out of his reach. Stuck in the entrance. :(

Edit2: For those who don't believe:
http://serio.i-xcell.com/vids/00000026.avi
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 03:48:30 PM by Serio »

Offline tonyjih

• Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 04:17:50 PM »
Simon is just a bonus character , maybe he will not be able to  do such thing...

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 05:32:52 PM »
Yeah, but currently it's impossible to play as him for more than few minutes. He can't even leave the entrance area. :P

Just altering his jump height enough would help, at least a bit. Since there are still places he won't get without doublejump/superjump sadly.

Offline lovecastlevania

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2007, 05:52:07 PM »
I found some bugs though.

1 - When juste equips a spellbook the lifebars revert to their old palette.
2 - The giant bat is screwed up. A bunch of jumbled up sprites.
3 - Maxim's blood is white when he dies.
4 - Julius's cursed palette is awful.

Gonna test more later.

I got once stuck in one place (entrance, the underground part) because Simon can't jump high enough to get out of there. :P

So bad it still has so many bugs.  :-[I realized them also. Especially that one abour Simon's height...~
Thanks for all your feedback. We gonna make simon jump higher. :P
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 05:53:39 PM by lovecastlevania »

Offline Raphael Belmont

• Completely New
  • Vampire Hunter
  • whatever!
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2007, 04:52:07 AM »
things i noticed so far:

Good:

Julius mode is awesome
nocturne at the furniture room

Bad:

some characters all screwed up and also objects like furniture.

overall opinion: great making i just wish the rom size could be larger to insert upgraded music.

Drac's army of zombie-trannie-weirdos

:-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*

Fou-Lu

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2007, 05:25:53 AM »
To fix the glitched up bosses just make a normal save at a save point then reset and load from that save.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 05:27:26 AM by Fou-Lu »

Offline lovecastlevania

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2007, 08:44:10 AM »
Thanks a lot, friends. Your comments and ideas are of great help. :)

To fix the glitched up bosses just make a normal save at a save point then reset and load from that save.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 08:46:09 AM by lovecastlevania »

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2007, 08:51:45 AM »
It's more because the lifebars have a separate palette for each spellbook. I had the same thing in my own hod recolor hack.

Also speaking of palettes, there are few that perhaps should be fixed. The blue beam for the cross item crash needs better contrast since it uses additive blending. The hurt palette could use a better color too. Red would look way better than green.

Like on this shot from my color hack:

Next thing i was wondering, would it be possible to somehow include the new characters in the boss rush?

Also I've been wondering, how were the portraits edited? I tried to edit Juste's portrait to separate his colors and give him a more artwork looks (silver hair, pinkish orange skin etc. instead of an almost monochromatic image), but the portraits weren't visible. Were they somehow uncompressed, and if yes would the same be possible with monsters? I wanted to fix few of the bosses for my version.

Btw. if there was more space in the rom, would it be possible to see characters like Soma, Hugh or Nathan? :P

Edit: Oh yeah, one more thing (yeah I know i ask for a lot. :P). Think it'd be somehow possible to have all of the extra modes start from level 1 instead of 40 and have them level up, as well as make them get the special moves with relics once they collect those?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 09:02:58 AM by Serio »

Offline lovecastlevania

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2007, 11:56:51 AM »
It's more because the lifebars have a separate palette for each spellbook. I had the same thing in my own hod recolor hack.

Also speaking of palettes, there are few that perhaps should be fixed. The blue beam for the cross item crash needs better contrast since it uses additive blending. The hurt palette could use a better color too. Red would look way better than green.

Like on this shot from my color hack:

Next thing i was wondering, would it be possible to somehow include the new characters in the boss rush?

Also I've been wondering, how were the portraits edited? I tried to edit Juste's portrait to separate his colors and give him a more artwork looks (silver hair, pinkish orange skin etc. instead of an almost monochromatic image), but the portraits weren't visible. Were they somehow uncompressed, and if yes would the same be possible with monsters? I wanted to fix few of the bosses for my version.

Btw. if there was more space in the rom, would it be possible to see characters like Soma, Hugh or Nathan? :P

Edit: Oh yeah, one more thing (yeah I know i ask for a lot. :P). Think it'd be somehow possible to have all of the extra modes start from level 1 instead of 40 and have them level up, as well as make them get the special moves with relics once they collect those?

Thanks a lot, Serio, your ideas are of great help. We got solutions for most of these bugs now, and We'll try to fix them in the next few days(hopefully, in one day ;))
en..it seems some colour in hod is actually controlled by its programs, so it doesn't work well if just change palettes.
Instead of being uncompressed, portrait in hod are actually constituted by dates. Hacking this part is somehow complicated.
In addition, could you please help support us some background sprites from sotn? Next, we are also planning to make a HOD remade version based on background sprites of sotn. We tried to rip some by ourselves but failed in the end..

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2007, 12:24:17 PM »
Well, the two I mentioned are very simple color hacks. I mean, I could do that and I'm a complete rookie at rom hacking. :P

The beam is a simple 16 color palette. The damage flashing is 16 x 16 color palettes, which shift one into the next one.

And well, i have all of the sotn background tiles. However most of them are with no palettes, so dunno if they'll be of any use. THey can be found in my sotn spriterips site folder listing.

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015 -  Christmas Award 3rd Place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Bronze 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2007, 06:00:45 AM »
This looks awensome! just what I've been waiting for. I've been meaning to ask you; are you chinese or do you just speak it?

EDIT: ok playedit for a bit now and I have to say that the julius mode is plain awensome. I did find a few bugs however with enemy sprites. I don't remember all of them but most of them were around the furniture room. oh and mario and megaman also need a superjump because they can't get to all the areas at the moment.

- one last suggestion: in the Justex mode allouw the menu so you can use potions etc.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 08:11:51 AM by Donvermicelli »

mgfcortez

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2007, 06:31:45 AM »
very cool hack!!!
maybe put alucard in there next:)
or some other guys or how about some fan edit sprite:)
and give simon a better sprite would be cool too to go with his new jump;)
and i'd love to see an remake with sotn sprites and backgrounds that sound great;)
keep up the great work!!!!

and Serio it cool to see you got all of sotn sprites and tiles on your website:)
very cool;)

Tags: