Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 981002 times)

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #75 on: May 03, 2015, 12:24:25 PM »
+1
A heads up to everyone. We're not going to have that kind of discussion in this thread and I will remove any further posts concerning that topic. Please carry on.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #76 on: May 03, 2015, 12:30:27 PM »
You're all way too gullible. I hope I am wrong.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: May 03, 2015, 12:42:34 PM »
So do you guys think there will be an announcement tomorrow because of the full moon?

Whatever happens , there will be tears, be it bloody or otherwise.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #78 on: May 03, 2015, 01:38:12 PM »
I missed this yesterday, I'll be pleasantly surprised if this turns out to be real.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: May 03, 2015, 01:47:33 PM »
Soo, if this turns out to be a kickstarter (and I don't see it being anything else at this point), here are some stretch goals I personally would like to see!

- Separate or combined stretch goals for various platforms, most preferably 3DS and Vita.
- Physical release for various platforms. This is not very likely but I can dream, can't I?
- Additional composers, such as Kinuyo Yamashita. This obviously depends on who the composer already on board is. I'm thinking Michiru Yamane is the most likely one, so this stretch goal could add a few classic ones from CV past.
- Boss Rush mode. Always a nice addition.
- An inverted game world! This depends on how the game is designed of course, but as a nod to SotN, and if it's technically possible, I think an inverted castle/world would be pretty awesome.
- An unlockable/hidden playable Belmont! This depends 100% on what IGA is allowed to do. Konami can't "own" a surname, can they?
- Remixed Castlevania music. I'm sure this is NOT gonna happen, but it would be great.
- Online mode, maybe similar to Harmony of Despair. This is my least wanted stretch goal, but I'm sure it could make some people happy?

Sooo, what are your hopes for this?

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: May 03, 2015, 02:09:07 PM »
Since we don't know exactly what the game has to offer yet this is what I would like to see:

Obviously a boss rush mode would be sweet
Hidden bosses
New game+
Extra dungeon ala inverted castle
8 Bit arranged soundtrack mode
Soundtrack release
Stretch goals for current gen console release as well as handheld, hell even a mobile version
Special guest star character similar to how Yatch Club games used fan created characters for Shovel Knight

« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 02:10:46 PM by Kingshango »

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: May 03, 2015, 02:40:39 PM »
Hmmmm.......let's see.....:

Hidden bosses and hidden areas would be cool for me.
Multi ending
Unlockable character/characters
I wouldn't mind bringing back a similar stage world map system from OoE
Also a fighting combo system, similar to the martial arts that Nathan was using on CotM, but using combined weapon attacks!
A soundtrack that's sounds like the ost from LoD

That's all i can thing for now.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: May 03, 2015, 03:59:58 PM »
I only want a new game.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #83 on: May 03, 2015, 05:40:02 PM »
Geez, I didn't know the mythology about this ran so deep, whatever the outcome that is some seriously smart marketing ploy.

On a personal note, I don't think this is IGA at all, I mean why would he even bother posting on The Chapel or Dungeon's forum's. As much as I love our fan forum I think we might be giving ourselves too much credit.

I mean, after 25 years of Castlevania he's never been that intimate with forums like this.

Another thing I noticed was the graphical style of these sprites, I mean look at SOTN, no offense but these seem a step backwards in that regard. I think if IGA was to make another game the graphical style "with a traditional Belmont take on the hero or not" would closer resemble the art style of that game.

But, alas I could be wrong.

All in all I am just hope this is a fun game!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #84 on: May 03, 2015, 05:56:08 PM »
Geez, I didn't know the mythology about this ran so deep, whatever the outcome that is some seriously smart marketing ploy.

On a personal note, I don't think this is IGA at all, I mean why would he even bother posting on The Chapel or Dungeon's forum's. As much as I love our fan forum I think we might be giving ourselves too much credit.

I mean, after 25 years of Castlevania he's never been that intimate with forums like this.

Another thing I noticed was the graphical style of these sprites, I mean look at SOTN, no offense but these seem a step backwards in that regard. I think if IGA was to make another game the graphical style "with a traditional Belmont take on the hero or not" would closer resemble the art style of that game.

But, alas I could be wrong.

All in all I am just hope this is a fun game!

It's not IGA, but someone involved in marketing the game. I would imagine an 8-4/Ex-EGM guy.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: May 03, 2015, 06:06:28 PM »
It's not IGA, but someone involved in marketing the game. I would imagine an 8-4/Ex-EGM guy.

Maybe. (Crosses fingers and toes)

One can dream, if it is true I am more concerned on what liberties that they have to take now to continue the IGA timeline while doing all the fan-service and all.

It's also interesting what is happening to Konami now in the video game industry.

I mean would the team be able to even do anything Belmont or Țepeș related?

Maybe this game takes place centuries into the future or something?

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #86 on: May 03, 2015, 06:19:37 PM »

I was going to coment on this, but I really didn't want to sound negative, but I agree.

These may be only a small glimpse of what is to come, but this already tells lot about the spritework itself. It's indeed inferior to SotN's standards, but well... The point may be that they are not even aiming at these standards at all. They could be aiming at an original visual identity.

It looks like, to me, that they are replicating an arcade style of sorts for the gfx. It doesn't look bad, of course. But it doesn't look very... "Pro" if you know what I mean.

But I'm most likely jumping to conclusions here :P
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: May 03, 2015, 06:21:25 PM »
Maybe. (Crosses fingers and toes)

One can dream, if it is true I am more concerned on what liberties that they have to take now to continue the IGA timeline while doing all the fan-service and all.

It's also interesting what is happening to Konami now in the video game industry.

I mean would the team be able to even do anything Belmont or Țepeș related?

Maybe this game takes place centuries into the future or something?

I don't see this game having anything to do with Castlevania at all, aside from nods and easter eggs. So, no going back to any old timeline. Though I guess it could have Dracula as a villain. Konami doesn't own Dracula. And it could theoretically have a character named Belmont, but the more elements that are added into the mix, the more problematic it would become. While Konami don't "own" the individual parts, adding them all together would probably be considered trademark infringement. IGA must thread carefully here.

Besides, IGA most likely wants to do his own thing now. He will create a game that pleases the fans of IGAvania gameplay, theme, atmosphere and such, without actually making a Castlevania game.

Fans who were only interested in the Belmonts, Dracula, the vampire killer and the timeline may not be happy with whatever this becomes. As for the rest of us, it's the gameplay, the exploration and the gothic horror theme that made IGAs Castlevania worth playing to begin with. I am at absolute peace with the fact that the rest will be brand new.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 06:27:15 PM by shelverton. »

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: May 03, 2015, 06:28:46 PM »
You guys are seriously jumping to conclusions.

The sprites shown are not really final or something you can drawn ANY conclusions at all.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: May 03, 2015, 06:30:28 PM »
I don't see this game having anything to do with Castlevania at all, aside from nods and easter eggs. So, no going back to any old timeline. Though I guess it could have Dracula as a villain. Konami doesn't own Dracula. And it could theoretically have a character named Belmont, but the more elements that are added into the mix, the more problematic it would become. While Konami don't "own" the individual parts, adding them all together would probably be considered trademark infringement. IGA must thread carefully here.

Besides, IGA most likely wants to do his own thing now. He will create a game that pleases the fans of IGAvania gameplay, theme, atmosphere and such, without actually making a Castlevania game.

Fans who were only interested in the Belmonts, Dracula, the vampire killer and the timeline may not be happy with whatever this becomes. As for the rest of us, it's the gameplay, the exploration and the gothic horror theme that made IGAs Castlevania worth playing to begin with. I am at absolute peace with the fact that the rest will be brand new.

You guys are seriously jumping to conclusions.

The sprites shown are not really final or something you can drawn ANY conclusions at all.

Maybe. just stating the obvious when talking about spiritual successors to SOTN. I do know many games after that point were on limited budgets hense all the recycled graphics, but I mean look at those graphics;

iPhone CASTLEVANIA NEW PUZZLE GAME! Reviewed by Dracula

It would seem odd for me for them to go with the graphical style in the teaser, I mean even in the original PAX screenshots (they were small) they looked top notch!
I don't mind a side story or two as long as the gameplay is on point. I am also cool with the possible brand new plot aspect. I think that will ensure we get some closure in the the storyline if this does well. I am all for SOTN, but remember I am a Generation 1 Castlevania fan and I love that old action style. Are we all forgetting about Super Castlevania 4? We need a evolution of that game!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 06:35:37 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Tags:

anything