Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Reccomend a movie noone's ever heard of..  (Read 37282 times)

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
Re: Reccomend a movie noone's ever heard of..
« Reply #120 on: September 17, 2008, 08:21:17 AM »
In Reply To #117

I would hardly call that something no one's ever heard of  ::)

But to answer the question: fuck yeah. Among my top 10 favorites.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #121 on: September 20, 2008, 02:12:16 AM »
Just saw another movie by Norifumi Suzuki:

Girl Boss Guerilla

It is awesome.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #122 on: September 20, 2008, 10:23:48 AM »
In Reply To #122

w00t more cover-boobies!!

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #123 on: September 20, 2008, 09:18:06 PM »
The film's got some nice tatties, let me tell you what.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #124 on: September 25, 2008, 11:21:18 AM »
Though it's hardly unknown, I just watched Foxy Brown for the first time last night, and was in love with every minute of it.

And I just ordered these two box sets from DeepDiscount.com (they're having a Buy 1 Get 1 Free sale on select Anchor Bay titles):

$30.38 total for thirteen films. :) Can't beat that. Still haven't even seen any of Mario Bava's films, but I hear he's fantastic and highly influential. (My favorite horror director, Dario Argento, was his apprentice; and my favorite movie of his, Suspiria, was apparently done as an homage to Bava and his style.)

Plus, Bava made the film that the greatest metal band on earth culled its name from, MOTHERLOVIN' BLACK SABBATH, DAWG.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #125 on: September 30, 2008, 09:56:11 PM »
Here's a classic, haven't seen nobody post this yet ;)

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #126 on: October 30, 2008, 08:39:13 PM »
Though it's hardly unknown, I just watched Foxy Brown for the first time last night, and was in love with every minute of it.

And I just ordered these two box sets from DeepDiscount.com (they're having a Buy 1 Get 1 Free sale on select Anchor Bay titles):

$30.38 total for thirteen films. :) Can't beat that. Still haven't even seen any of Mario Bava's films, but I hear he's fantastic and highly influential. (My favorite horror director, Dario Argento, was his apprentice; and my favorite movie of his, Suspiria, was apparently done as an homage to Bava and his style.)

Plus, Bava made the film that the greatest metal band on earth culled its name from, MOTHERLOVIN' BLACK SABBATH, DAWG.

Fuck Yeah those are some great films.
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #127 on: December 10, 2008, 04:27:45 PM »
Got a new one.

Great movie don't let the siskel and ebert comment fool you, this one is one damn good movie that never gets any coverage anymore. Hell I didn't even know what it was and was bored one day and saw it for 2.99 on ebay so I said aw what the hell and I was thoroughly impressed. I'd glady pay 9.00 dollars to see it in a cinema, it's a shame they don't make good scary movies like this anymore. I'm really hoping the new F13th doesn't suck. Big Fan, I'll be going to the midnight showing and I'm really hoping we stop getting shitty Jason movies and this'll set some sort of standard for the future.

Offline Bizarro Belmont

• WHAT?
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #128 on: December 11, 2008, 10:26:52 AM »
It's funny this is a topic about movie's you've never heard and half of the movies in this topic are movies you can probably find at Wal-Mart. So on topic...

So criminally underrated it's not even funny. As funny as Drunken Master and so well choreographed too!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 10:29:22 AM by Bizarro Belmont »

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #129 on: December 11, 2008, 11:36:18 AM »
In Reply To #129

Now that you mention Drunken Master, I've gotta mention Jacky Chan's "The Young Master", one of his first movies which I find even funnier.

I can't find this movie anywhere where I live. It's so rare...
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #130 on: December 22, 2008, 07:27:02 PM »

One of the best Slashers ever made with lots of big name actors in it. Jason Alexander from Seinfeld is great.

Juno106

« Reply #131 on: December 23, 2008, 02:15:09 AM »

Offline John Capricorn

• Celebrate good times, c'mon. Celebrate ...etc
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #132 on: December 24, 2008, 12:14:32 PM »
Double impact

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #133 on: December 29, 2008, 10:13:31 PM »

Retro2DGamer

« Reply #134 on: January 12, 2009, 07:17:35 PM »
The Triplets of Belleville

...it's definitely out there.

Tags: