Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 983853 times)

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #3225 on: May 11, 2018, 11:34:01 PM »
Curse of the Moon.... Very nice IGA 8)
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Castle34hk

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #3227 on: May 12, 2018, 12:08:11 AM »
WOW this felt like a stealth announcement! I am really excited for Curse of the Moon, thank you IGA for keeping Classic Castlevania and Metroidvania alive!

It looks very much like Castlevania 3, I'm pumped!! It's out so soon too! :D

Offline Darth Cariss

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3228 on: May 12, 2018, 01:19:10 AM »
Judging from all the bosses shown in the trailer (I'm guessing that's all of them), it looks like it has a decent amount of levels (assuming each level has one boss). Much more substantial than I would've expected. Cool.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #3229 on: May 12, 2018, 01:31:51 AM »
So how does this fit into the story? Miriam and Gebel are still allies in this game, which suggest it takes place in the past, but supposedly this is not a prequel?

Edit:

"There have been some changes from the time we started the Kickstarter campaign; originally, the mini-game was supposed to be a story that took place 10 years prior to the main game, but we've decided to have it take place in a different part of the lore.
The story for the mini-game was developed based on the world of Bloodstained, but it should be enjoyed separately as a spin-off rather than a prequel story. "

Sounds like it's going to be a gaiden game. Though it's confusing they use the term "spin-off".
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 01:50:47 AM by Nagumo »

Offline Zargon

• Hunter in Training
  • Its up to you!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3230 on: May 12, 2018, 03:40:09 AM »
I counted 8 bosses in total, so that would indeed be a healthy amount of stages if we get one to go with every boss. I suspect that some of those will be alternate bosses though, considering the talk of multiple endings and accessing of new areas depending on whose abilities you use.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 03:42:03 AM by Zargon »

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #3231 on: May 12, 2018, 07:42:33 AM »
This looks incredibly cool.  It has me really excited to see the classic mode for the regular game.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline VladOfWallachia

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Carpathian Night
    • Awards
« Reply #3232 on: May 12, 2018, 10:23:28 AM »
Wow, Curse of the Moon looks fantastic. I’m more interested in playing that than Bloodstained. Getting it day one.

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #3233 on: May 12, 2018, 11:53:26 AM »
still more excited for Bloodstained Ritual of the Night.

though Curse of the Moon might be worthwhile if it includes a new game+ or password or button code option so all characters are playable from the very beginning (even CVIII has a password system that literally allows any character to be playable from the start).

Curse of the Moon should get its own topic though, its really not the game Bloodstained pitched from the beginning, not the reason Bloodstained received $5,000,000 in funding, not an IGAvania, and is officially a spinoff, its own standalone game, not a prequel, plus its weird Miriam is not the protagonist in that story.   
guess INI creates wanted to pander to the alpha males and sexists, so they made Zangetsu the 'protagonist' of Curse of the Moon (as if the genre is very low on male leads in the first place). 
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 11:58:29 AM by affinity »

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #3234 on: May 12, 2018, 01:57:08 PM »
Wow!  Looks like I'm gonna have to get that Nintendo Switch now.  I was planning on waiting until Ritual of the Night came out, but I think I finally have a reason to get the Switch.  I could always play it on PS4 or 3DS, but I'd like to be able to play the same playthrough on handheld or big screen whenever I felt like it.  This looks like so much fun with all the different characters we'll be able to play in this.  First chance to play as Miriam too!  Even if this is only a non-canon spin-off, Iga's castle is getting bigger!  I have a feeling I'll have lots of quality time to spend with this game so that I will be in no hurry for the main game to come out.

When/if Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth comes to Switch, I'll have another reason to own it haha.  Hmm, I'll have to get Bomberman so that I have something with Castlevania in it as a starter to tide me over until this game comes out.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 02:14:44 PM by Reinhart77 »

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #3236 on: May 12, 2018, 05:02:36 PM »
still more excited for Bloodstained Ritual of the Night.

though Curse of the Moon might be worthwhile if it includes a new game+ or password or button code option so all characters are playable from the very beginning (even CVIII has a password system that literally allows any character to be playable from the start).

Curse of the Moon should get its own topic though, its really not the game Bloodstained pitched from the beginning, not the reason Bloodstained received $5,000,000 in funding, not an IGAvania, and is officially a spinoff, its own standalone game, not a prequel, plus its weird Miriam is not the protagonist in that story.   
guess INI creates wanted to pander to the alpha males and sexists, so they made Zangetsu the 'protagonist' of Curse of the Moon (as if the genre is very low on male leads in the first place).

Please stop with this pseudo-sexism rant bullshit. Miriam has a whip in the game, the most iconic weapon they could've given any character. The characters are made of pixels, you couldn't tell the gender with an 80 inch flatscreen.

By your logic an 8-bit spin-off with a male protagonist is sexist, but the main game having a woman as the protagonist is not sexist towards men is it.....? See what I did there. The logic shouldn't be that when males have any ounce of AirPlay - albeit pixelated and non-sexist - feminists have a cry about it.

It sounds like you're a femegonyst (the opposite of a misogynist). When was the last time you took a guy on a date, opened the door for him, took him to dinner and picked up the bill?? #femegonylives
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 05:04:19 PM by zangetsu468 »
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline DarkLavos

• I Cut Throat
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3237 on: May 12, 2018, 05:20:22 PM »
I guess backers will get the code around the 18th since it's the last day we can change on which platform we want to have it.

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #3238 on: May 12, 2018, 06:03:20 PM »
in the sake of fairness, I dunno why they gotta peg a specific character as the protagonist for this spinoff game, when it would have been better and more fair to have all 4 choosable and switchable from the start, instead of being so invested in a story for a spinoff that isn't even linked to ROTN anyways.   the story/concept would be better if the characters already formed an alliance from the start.   the story is not canon anyways, see, COTM is just another example how unfair story can be and cause biased restrictions and favoritism that places one playable character over the others.

why should Zangetsu get special treatment and spotlight over the other characters?  only players that care about that character benefit from such a biased pick.

well perhaps they can redeem themselves with some sort of unlockable or method so all characters are playable from the start, cause as is, the way they designed it by default, it means that Zangetsu has more levels than the other characters in the first playthrough, and that's not right.

just cause CVIII did that doesn't mean COTM has to follow that flawed example.  COTM could have improved upon the concept with more equal selection from the start, instead of carbon copying CVIII's flawed gimmick of recruiting the characters before they are playable.

its story is not going to win any awards anyways.

I wont purchase it unless it has some password, button code, or unlockable feature that allows all of the characters choosable and playable from the very beginning of the campaign.  since they traced CVIII's format to this degree, they might as well go all the way and make sure to include a means for the other 3 characters to be playable from the start as well.

even in Bloodstained ROTN, they should have any extra playable characters choosable from the start besides Miriam,
 the player character should be up to the player, not the devs. 

so yea in all fairness, that would be better for COTM and ROTN  than the way they been doing things.

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3239 on: May 12, 2018, 06:43:05 PM »
Curse of the Moon looks great! CV 3 is my fav some I’m loving the similarities I’ve seen so far!

Tags:

anything