Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Haunted Castle  (Read 70980 times)

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #180 on: May 26, 2014, 02:43:36 PM »
Yes, it is. In fact, here is the animation. The Air-effect needs some work though. As for the cross, I think Simon * should throw it sideways, kinda like you would throw a ninja star.

*Also, when, or if, is there going to be a demo?

Actually, He's supposed to be holding out a crucifix which kinda shoots out a series of cross shaped projectiles described as a "beam".
"Stuff and things."

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #181 on: May 26, 2014, 04:19:56 PM »
It looks rather awesome! Can't wait for a full game.
Your big blue charge-clash (0:18) from the beast is reversed from what it should be, though.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #182 on: May 27, 2014, 07:27:30 PM »
Is it?

*checks*

...SHIT!

Damn, I spent like an hour overlaying an undulating image trail in the animation (it's only about a dozen frames, so the work's justified). Oh well. Should be an easy fix, assuming I haven't deleted the trail animation.

And Zero, while that animation's not bad, he moves too quickly. It looks like there are some frames missing in the swing. And I do plan on making the whip non-static when it extends, but since that's purely a cosmetic effect, it can wait for the time being. Even though I'll probably do it here in like an hour.  :P

And yes, there will be a demo. It will be the first stage. It's nearly done, I just have to make Medusa's boss. I'm having trouble deciding how I want to do her, hence the time it's taking. I'd prefer a snake-tail one like in Chronicles/X68 and Rondo, but chain segment physics in GM are looking to be tedious as hell, and I haven't found any guides to give me any base for what I'm actually looking for. I thought about using her SotN incarnation, but I don't know how I feel about that one. It's not snakey enough for me. I'm currently considering giving her two forms; the SotN woman-snake form and then at half health she turns into a giant snake, or something. That idea would make her fight have more attacks, since her SotN AI is pitifully basic.

And I'm still studying Dracula's two forms in Esco's engine for AI tricks and techniques, so that's also eating up time.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #183 on: May 28, 2014, 06:08:09 PM »
Eh, fuck it. Y'all have waited a good long while. I can put out a debug demo for the time being.
https://www.mediafire.com/?zyk532ccani9nz2
Held together with duct tape, so don't be surprised if/when anything/everything suddenly breaks. Controls and bug listings are in the readme.

DISREGARD DISREGARD DISREGARD

I forgot I had set Dracula to insta-kill you on contact to fix some death issues, and I hadn't changed his damage back to normal. Don't touch this one, I'll fix it and have it back up tomorrow.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 06:27:08 PM by Dracula9 »

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #184 on: May 29, 2014, 09:30:30 AM »
Too late. :P I downloaded it yesterday, though I've only touched it just now.
Anyway, when you reset the game, it doesn't stop the previous BGM stream, so you could end up stacking quite a few BGM streams if you reset multiple times in a row.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #185 on: May 29, 2014, 04:59:27 PM »
He doesn't kill me instantly.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #186 on: May 29, 2014, 05:47:15 PM »
He does if you touch him directly.

Anyway, fixed the damage variable, finished up adding in the Laurel, and fixed the BGM streams. Hopefully nothing else pops up.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ie4m7as5g8mmel8/Demo+2_1.zip

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #187 on: May 29, 2014, 06:13:20 PM »
He does if you touch him directly.

Anyway, fixed the damage variable, finished up adding in the Laurel, and fixed the BGM streams. Hopefully nothing else pops up.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ie4m7as5g8mmel8/Demo+2_1.zip

Fun. Since you are using S and A why don't you make D and F for the item usage?

I feel like there should also be an evasive ground roll similar to the double flip. I constantly wanted to roll to avoid some of the beast's attacks.

That's all I got for now. Can't wait for a full stage to demo!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #188 on: May 29, 2014, 06:21:16 PM »
Engine's coded for up+attack. Too lazy to change.

And in my own defense, not every fangame has to play like CVBla.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #189 on: May 31, 2014, 05:01:34 PM »
Engine's coded for up+attack. Too lazy to change.

And in my own defense, not every fangame has to play like CVBla.

Actually, I wasn't referring to CVBla at all, ASDF and QWERTY etc. is pretty common.

The current set up for your buttons for me feels unnatural playing it  with a keyboard. I am sure you could come up with a better control scheme. I think you should have some other testers try it with the keyboard and come up with a better scheme. What is the point of make a solid game where the controls aren't as good, that turns me off a game right away.

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #190 on: May 31, 2014, 08:22:14 PM »
you could always change attack to x and jump to z. Also,Has everyone forgotten joytokey?
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #191 on: May 31, 2014, 10:18:05 PM »
Is it supposed to be only a Dracula battle, or am I missing something?

Also...*Dracula dies. Leaves a Turkey* << Can we keep it pleeeeease? xD
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 10:26:01 PM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #192 on: May 31, 2014, 10:32:36 PM »
You can go to the debug stage by pressing page up.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #193 on: June 01, 2014, 04:59:47 AM »
So I found a bug.
When you jump and attack at this exact spot, Simon will get stuck in the ceiling. If he takes damage, he'll be permanently stuck on the damage animation and become invincible. If he doesn't take damage, he can attack normally. But nothing can be done to unstuck him out.

At first I became stuck by being damaged and throw 'inside' the wall, but I intentionally tried it more times and it worked. Works with any whip, too.
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline eryson

• The Fangaems Connoisseur
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: DraculaXX (SNES)
« Reply #194 on: June 01, 2014, 03:04:01 PM »
i found a bug too. in the drac2 battle, throw an torch when he perform the " plasma rain" attack, he will generate a enormous quantity of small hearts.

Tags:

anything