Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow DLC Detailed  (Read 49823 times)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow DLC Detailed
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2011, 10:08:19 PM »
Maybe it's one of those "This bad guy is weak to light and I'm a dark power person, so I need a light power person and that's YOU!" type of deals?

Baddie1 and Carmilla are most likely both darkness though. There is no elemental advantage so to speak. In a versus match there, you have raw darkness vs raw darkness. Ego, Carmilla still is more powerful than Baddie1 if she is still suppressing him, who is weaker than Gabe who happens to be stronger than SATAN now. Puts Baddie1 really low on the power charts.

Even if you write off the victory over Satan as plot device and God's intervention, Gabe still has grown a good deal since his encounter with Carmilla.

This all begs the question, does Gabe LOSE any abilities or powers because of that last battle? (Or maybe he isn't allowed to use them, like Samus. ZING!)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2011, 10:42:40 PM »
I hate to draw a Dragon Ball Z comparison, but there's a somewhat similar scenario in the Majin Buu saga in which a wizard named Babidi has in his possession the sealed up Buu; Goku was stronger than Babidi and his henchmen put together yet Buu was way stronger than Goku or any of his allies at the time, despite being dormant for millions of years.

It might be the same case in LoS. Carmilla cast a spell on this evil force so that it could only be contained, not destroyed.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2011, 12:10:11 AM »
That's how it is with a lot of things. It's used a lot in JRPGs, the "ancient evil" being sealed away by some wizard. In most cases, it's SEALED away because that's the most that can be done(it can't be defeated by the one who seals it, because it's just TOO strong). Eventually, the seal is broken and this evil wrecks havok on the world, until the main hero vanquishes it.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2011, 01:19:34 AM »
Baddie1 and Carmilla are most likely both darkness though. There is no elemental advantage so to speak. In a versus match there, you have raw darkness vs raw darkness. Ego, Carmilla still is more powerful than Baddie1 if she is still suppressing him, who is weaker than Gabe who happens to be stronger than SATAN now. Puts Baddie1 really low on the power charts.

Even if you write off the victory over Satan as plot device and God's intervention, Gabe still has grown a good deal since his encounter with Carmilla.

This all begs the question, does Gabe LOSE any abilities or powers because of that last battle? (Or maybe he isn't allowed to use them, like Samus. ZING!)
Any abilities he cant use? well Id assume his infinite magic energy would go back to normal.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Asgardwolf

• Lord of the Lycans
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2011, 06:40:30 AM »
-Konami's Twitter:

@Konami Dying here for some Lords of Shadow 'Reverie' details. Toss us fans a bone already!

@justinl81 "Reverie" will be swinging at you in March. Our apologies for the delay but it'll be worth it!

-Cox's Twitter:

@CastlevaniaLOS I read on VG247 that the DLC is now expected for March. Early March at least?

@alphiekrueger - Yeah some last minute bug fixes. Not too long now really sorry about the delay :(

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2011, 09:23:03 AM »
That sucks, I hope it'll be early March.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2011, 09:49:52 AM »
Aww, oh well better it be delayed than cancelled I guess. Hopefully this wont affect Resurrections April release.

Oh who am I kidding Resurrection is soooo getting delayed to May/June.

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2011, 11:00:34 AM »
I'd rather have it late than bugged.  Our patience should be worth it though.  As the 2 sayings go: "good things come to those who wait." and "Patience is a virtue."
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2011, 12:16:08 PM »
+1
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2011, 12:21:28 PM »
I'm LMAO
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2011, 12:31:06 PM »
A ROOM WITH A MOOSE!
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2011, 12:57:26 PM »
+1
Quoted and Sigged for great Win

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2011, 12:58:09 PM »
Quoted and Sigged for great Win
LOL I'm honored! ;)

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2011, 07:06:30 PM »
I don't think the end implied Gabriel was stronger than Satan; only that he was stronger than him when Satan when on Earth.  His bio says "However, he is not able to command his full strength while chained to the earthly plane, and thus remains weakened against Heaven's chosen."  When on Earth, I think Satan has to rely on his cunning a lot more than his brute strength, so the boss of Reverie could have more raw power than Satan does when you fight him in the game.  

oh, and i'll laugh if the boss turns out to be Walter and Gabriel captures his soul into a relic, transforming him into Dracula.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 07:10:32 PM by Reinhart77 »

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2011, 07:20:32 PM »
March huh? At least give us a trailer to tide us over until then. :(

Tags:

anything