Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is available for iOS and Android!  (Read 6323 times)

Offline Succubus

• Head Priestess of the Monkey Cult
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is available for iOS and Android!
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2020, 09:12:12 AM »
I dunno, I often disagree with Igarashi, but I don't think he's wrong there. The extra areas in the Saturn port do suck and feel out of place. Though, just for historical documentation, it would be nice to see them included in something just so they're more accessible, like Dracula X Chronicles including the dopey wrong system card sequence from Rondo.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2020, 10:42:51 AM »
The extra stages could have worked. All his team needed to do was redraw them to their proper scaling. The environments themselves weren't an issue for me. It was the look of the enemies that were in said environments that seemed to clash with the rest of the game. Changing those or removing them might have worked out. But we'll never know now.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2020, 06:25:18 PM »
+1
Some comments from the director of the port:

https://www.thegamer.com/konami-castlevania-mobile-port/

Tags: