Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Remix  (Read 600460 times)

Offline Nail_Bombed

• Indra's Fire
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Carlsberg
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Metal Ireland
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #210 on: September 03, 2011, 05:25:11 PM »
Damn.... that medley of tracks is pretty stunning. And flows pretty nicely too.
If a man chooses, and a slave obeys, then what are you if you choose to obey?

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #211 on: September 03, 2011, 07:12:51 PM »
That's pretty solid actually. You just need better sample sets now.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #212 on: September 05, 2011, 03:47:28 PM »
Fucking amazing medley!!!11

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #213 on: September 05, 2011, 05:36:54 PM »
Hi guys! Finally got a breather from work and i started playing around with a track to add to my prologue stage for Richter, "Reincarnated Soul" from Bloodlines.  This is just a section of what you will hear but i wanted to share it with you guys and keep the blood warm (tu dut, chiiiiishh!!!! classic comedy sound effect lol).  Thanks to Jorge for showing everyone Soundcloud, its pretty gnarly!!!!!  ROCK ON!!!!!!!!

http://soundcloud.com/bmc_war-machine/reincarnated-soul-by-matt

lol maybe one day i will be smart enough to figure out why my player wouldnt embed to the messege....any ideas Jorge?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 05:55:26 PM by BMC_War Machine »
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #214 on: September 05, 2011, 07:12:01 PM »
Nice remix of this music. A bit slower paced than the original, but I suppose it'll make sense in the game.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #215 on: September 05, 2011, 08:08:21 PM »
You know, for the pace I was expecting something a bit more like this:
Hard Corps: Uprising - Stage 1 Origins Extra Theme
But it's still good nonetheless.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #216 on: September 05, 2011, 09:10:59 PM »
Now that's badass. Slower, but still heavy at the same time. I really like it.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #217 on: September 05, 2011, 09:11:18 PM »
lol maybe one day i will be smart enough to figure out why my player wouldnt embed to the messege....any ideas Jorge?

Soundcloud links do not auto-embed like Youtube links do.  You have to go to your soundcloud tune's page and copy the embed code and paste it in here in between HTML bbc code tags, I believe.
 Reincarnated Soul by Matt Thompson 9-5-11 by BMC_War Machine
It works.
To get the embed code, go to your tune's page in soundcloud.  On the upper left, above the PLAY button, there's a "Share" button.  Click on that and next to the "Customize player" button is the tune's embed code.  Copy that, and paste that here in between HTML BBC Code tags (use HTML and /HTML inside open square braces to activate the code).

DO NOT click "Preview" if you do this, as SMF will mess up the code if you preview it.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #218 on: September 06, 2011, 01:08:04 PM »
HEY HEY HEY!!!!!! I MEANT FOR THE PACE TO BE SLOW!!!!!!!  :rollseyes: its cool guys, thanks for the kudos!  I tend to do that a lot for my mixes (not down pace them) but just change the song up some to where its different from the original, and since there are soooo many other fans around that are remixing tunes too you have to do something to stand out and be different.  I like coming across things like that, things that you are listening and go, "thats pretty gnarly" and then it kicks in with the parts you recognize and go "shit! there it is! thats sweet!!!" lol.  thats just a personal preference tho, and thanks for the tips Jorge!  8) I'll start posting some tunes that way since you passed the word about sound cloud, thats pretty cool that you can embed the player in messages.  I'll keep you guys posted with some new tunes as i get them ready.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 01:15:34 PM by BMC_War Machine »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #219 on: September 06, 2011, 01:14:34 PM »
You need the HTML tag.  That's:
Code: [Select]
[html]
The stuff you pasted
[/html]

If it doesn't work, then I might have to tweak the forum settings to allow non-administrators to use the HTML tag, but I thought I had that tag operational.
Also, remember not to preview!  Post and if it doesn't work, THEN edit your post, remove the entire stuff that's between the HTML tag, and re-paste it.

If you preview your post prior to posting, the HTML tag will go wacky.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #220 on: September 06, 2011, 01:16:10 PM »
Not sure dude, did it just as you said and it still just brought up the actual embed code.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #221 on: September 06, 2011, 01:20:15 PM »
Grah, I'll have to look at the forum set-up then in a while.  Perhaps the HTML BBC code only works with Administrators.  DASHITALL!
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #222 on: September 06, 2011, 01:23:27 PM »
Hahaha, its all good dude, if all else fails there are links that i can post.  No biggie.  BTW, you did a GREAT mix of the DoS track!

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Nail_Bombed

• Indra's Fire
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Carlsberg
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Metal Ireland
    • Awards
« Reply #224 on: September 22, 2011, 05:53:55 AM »
Might have already been posted before, but I think this is an excellent 8-bit style reworking of Dracula's Castle from SOTN...

REMIX: Castlevania: SOTN - Dracula's Castle (NES sound)

Another 8-bit type arrangement - this one's Cross Your Heart. Missing a couple of melodys but pretty darn good.

8-bit Box - Cross your Heart

Awesome piano cover of Clockwork with Vampire Killer tacked on at the end. To me, sounds like bad ending music.

Castlevania - A Clockwork Vampire

A synthy metal remix of Ripe Seeds, very like S.S.H. type stuff.

Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge - "Ripe Seeds"

Another synthy metal (same guy) cover of Clockwork.

Castlevania 3 - Clockwork (Remix)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 12:24:04 PM by Nail_Bombed »
If a man chooses, and a slave obeys, then what are you if you choose to obey?

anything