Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Seems like Konami has a pretty big presence at E3  (Read 21741 times)

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
Re: Seems like Konami has a pretty big presence at E3
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2018, 11:02:29 PM »
you know what i could go for?  remember the NES remix?  i was thinking i've played the old castlevania games so often and already own them on enough systems, that it'd be nice if they released a collection, to have a nice system of accomplishments to "check off", but with little save points at the beginning of the challenge that you could go to at any time.  something like nes remix.  maybe unlock the challenges as you go through the original games?  that'd really give me a reason to slog through those levels again haha.  ah, but that'd be too much work for them i'm sure, but i can dream.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 11:08:23 PM by Reinhart77 »

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2018, 07:22:07 AM »
What if there's indeed a new game, but it's IGA rejected SOTN sequel? Is Konami petty enough to do a thing like that?

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2018, 04:34:56 PM »
I don't think Konami would bother developing another Metroidvania game without IGA (I'm not sure if they could make one without him either).

If there is a new game I have a feeling it will be a new Classic Castlevania, something on a "Super Bomberman R" level of budget.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2018, 12:53:48 AM »
I don't think Konami would bother developing another Metroidvania game without IGA (I'm not sure if they could make one without him either).

I disagree, Konami had the KCEK team make circle of the moon after Symphony of the Night's success and without IGA and it turned out to be a very good adaption of the metroidvania forumla which showed that Konami if need be can perfectly emulate metroidvania games when it want to. I honestly think the reason why KCEK did not continue making metroidvania games was because Konami still had IGA and that style was his baby, but Konami is perfectly capable of making a metroidvania game without him if need be.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2018, 06:42:53 AM »
The thing about the folks that made Circle of the Moon that some should consider is a great deal of staff from that part of Konami left before even IGA did, to form Good-Feel.

There are a great deal of candidates for a Castlevania game regarding external developers, but it's internally that's the mystery. Worse still, will the gaming community accept Konami again, considering the absolute abhorrant corporate shitshow the public knows of them?

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2018, 11:57:10 AM »
A lot of Vergeben's leaks have been coming true this E3. I'm starting to believe we may see Castlevania tomorrow afterall.

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2018, 09:32:17 PM »
The ultimate plot twist: Konami is making a new Castlevania game that's a traditional platformer on a 2D engine rendered with a modern 3D visual style with cinematic cutscenes, only it's being handled by the Pachinko people because those are the CV developers they have left.

Not a plot twist: It ends up being awful.

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2018, 07:09:43 AM »
If Konami only has one new game planned for Switch, congratulations, it's not Castlevania.

It's Hyper Sports R
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 07:13:48 AM by Foffy »

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2018, 07:43:45 AM »
If Konami only has one new game planned for Switch, congratulations, it's not Castlevania.

It's Hyper Sports R

Sodium levels rising.  Warning.  Danger.  Sodium reaching critical levels!!

I was already bummed when nothing showed up at the PlayStation Confrenece. At least they announced it before the Direct.  Still salty af though.  (Unless something else turns up anyway.)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2018, 08:42:38 AM »
Welp, my hopes are already deleted for Castlevania to show up. Smash should be good though.

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2018, 08:54:35 AM »
Welp, my hopes are already deleted for Castlevania to show up. Smash should be good though.

There may be hope. A user by the name of Dusk Golem who posts on ResetERA, who's been in the know about REmake 2 for ages, said Konami has a game to "counter" Bloodstained.

I would take that rumor a little harder than the GameFAQs dude. I mean, he said Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite was gonna get a second season ages ago. That game died a month after launch.

Just keep expectations lightly. The worst we're getting is just the mobile game. Oh, and no Bloodstained trailer until after E3.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2018, 09:46:15 AM »

It's Hyper Sports R
What about the unknown Action/Adventure game? This is a sports game.

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2018, 12:11:19 PM »
I feel like they might wait until October/Halloween time to announce Simon if he's in.

If he's revealed tonight after the invitational that would be super cool, but not getting my hopes up too high.

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2018, 12:21:41 PM »
I don't think they usually wait for holidays or special occasions for guest characters, though.

Didn't we get Mega Man and Pac Man revealed on the same day when it was shown at E3 for Smash Wii U?

Tags:

anything