Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Favorite Castlevania song EXCLUDING the following:  (Read 32437 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
Favorite Castlevania song EXCLUDING the following:
« on: July 09, 2012, 03:35:43 PM »
Vampire Killer
Bloody Tears
Beginning
Theme of Simon

These are what I consider "the big four" which seem to crop up all over the place—other games, remix albums, fan lists, etc. So since I don't wanna see anymore mention of these...

What is your single favorite Castlevania tune?

For me, it's always been "Wicked Child", the original NES version. Even if the songs above were included, it'd still be my favorite. Nothing beats it.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Favorite Castlevania song EXCLUDING the following:
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 04:50:44 PM »
This song:
Rotating Room: Super Castlevania 4 Music

It was also cool hearing the remake of it in Circle of the Moon. While Circle of the Moon was my first Castlevania game to play, I didn't get that far into it before going through Castlevania 4. There's really no other song in the series quite like it.
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 05:06:32 PM »
Probably this one:
Garibaldi Temple

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 05:19:21 PM »
This song:
Rotating Room: Super Castlevania 4 Music

It was also cool hearing the remake of it in Circle of the Moon. While Circle of the Moon was my first Castlevania game to play, I didn't get that far into it before going through Castlevania 4. There's really no other song in the series quite like it.

Loved that one too.

Hard for me to choose a favorite, but it's probably Cross Your Heart. I wouldn't have such fond memories of Haunted Castle if that wasn't the first thing I heard when I played it (first time I had heard it, too).
Poison Mind is a close second. It jusr oozes Gothic horror to me.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 06:23:52 PM »
This tune for me...

Room of Close Associates: Super Castlevania 4 Music

Perhaps the most epic boss tune to come out of Castlevania. To me it literally speaks volumes of imminent doom as you approach Dracula's tower. And even today I have yet to hear a single fan-made version that either sounds as brilliant as this or tops it completely. It's just like the tune from Super Metroid: Lower Norfair. These two tunes have yet to be outdone by the fans. Both were brilliantly composed and I take my hat off to those whom created them.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 07:05:05 PM »
Probably a three way tie, depending on my mood, between "Battle of the Holy" (far and away the best thing about CVA to me) "The Sinking Old Sanctuary" (especially the LoD version) and "Requiem for the Gods" which is possibly the most chilling and moving piece of gothic music I've ever heard.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2012, 09:39:43 PM »
Heart of Fire. I enjoy all versions of it.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2012, 10:05:49 PM »
Since I cannot state any of the big four I'll go with what pops into my mind
when I hear them

first is this  for it's pure badassness...ness

Castlevania: The Adventure Music (Game Boy) - Battle of the Holy [Stage 1]

next is

Castlevania Adventure 2 (Belmont's Revenge) OST Track 5

and my most listened song on my I-pod even surpassing Belmont the legend

Castlevania Lords of Shadow Music - Belmont's Theme

and this song goes so well with rainy weather or when the rain has stopped and the sun is starting to come out. It's crazy

Castlevania Lords of Shadow Music - Waterfalls of Agharta

to much songs to state, but these are some of my favorites with belmont's theme without a doubt in my mind being in the top three cv song's for me.

(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Lucius J. Belmont

• Bathrobe Werewolf
  • Hunter in Training
  • stronger, more resilient than a spider
    • im mike jones
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2012, 02:54:49 AM »
Dwelling of Doooooooooom! That song just IS Castlevania, and my childhood. I really wish I saw it remixed more, and it really could stand to turn up on some more soundtracks. Also underrated in my opinion is the treasure room theme from CVIV. Much as I love 'the big four' I do think having them so prolifically remixed and reused has done a disservice to some other great tracks.
"Well of course I understand. You live forever because your pure, sinless service is utterly and indomitably unballasted by any weight or dross of mere human weakness. Ah, the advantages of clean living."

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2012, 07:44:49 AM »
Heart of fire obviously, and Madddd forest

Castlevania, Mad Forest, guitar arranged, by goat

Also, Juste Belmont's theme is beautiful and really gives the sensation of oddness and mystery that is the castle.

Juste Belmont (Arranged Version)
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2012, 09:12:17 AM »
Wow! That version of Juste's theme is actually the only one I've ever heard that sounds good! Coodos to the composer! Where did you find it? I'd like to download it.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2012, 10:53:35 AM »
Wow! That version of Juste's theme is actually the only one I've ever heard that sounds good! Coodos to the composer! Where did you find it? I'd like to download it.

Quote from: Youtube Video Description
here is the juste belmont theme in arranged version composed by geoffrey gunn.

Offline Sul_Yong

• Hunter in Training
  • Go ahead and laugh, this world's terrible enough.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2012, 11:43:18 AM »
My favorite song, once I first heard it, has always been the original version of Iron Blue Intention... I am always a sucker for the Sega Genesis sound, as I grew up playing it since I was 2... also this version has a certain feel to it that I can't feel from the PoR version... and I do not like the Judgement version at all...
Castlevania Bloodlines Music - Iron blue intention (Stage 4)

Offline KyleVoakes

• Hunter in Training
  • Suffering Like G Did?
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2012, 02:28:55 PM »
This is easy for me to decide. Hands down, this is my favourite, no exclusions necessary! I love the constant touch of desperation within the pacing, as if one single mistake could be your demise. The fact that it plays during one of the more difficult and memorable parts of SCV4 also adds some sentimental attachment for me personally.

Essentially, this song captures how I remember Castlevania exactly. Difficult, gothic, and stressful. Perfect.

Room of Close Associates: Super Castlevania 4 Music

Tags:

anything