Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: People messing with the respect points  (Read 28745 times)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: People messing with the respect points
« Reply #75 on: September 03, 2013, 10:07:55 AM »
**+1's beingthehero**
Problem?
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #76 on: September 03, 2013, 12:56:48 PM »
+1
It sounds to me like some of you actually thought your total respect points counted for something. If you think it was a legitimate counter of how respectable you are, then you are mistaken.

Being on the forum to discuss great CV games is what should keep you coming back and having fun, not some superfluous point system that caused more problems than did any good.
Oh no, with all respect, your are mistaking who I am. I've been reading here for years and then decided to register without that in mind, now the points are gone and here I am, doing everything as always, writing every day.
I don't care much, to me it was a high score, I said it a lot of times. I was glad I was doing OK, but I'm not that silly to think that was real respect. Like 200 of my points were from Crisis (I thank him anyway). And I personally gave like 100 or 200 points to many users during periodic voting (provided I agree). Like Lely or Shiroi.
However, the points I gave people was because I liked their opinions, so in a way it means I like them.

For real respect I try to just be myself while being polite and peaceful, and I don't have to make much effort because I like many people here.

And the original "whining" was about real respect, not about points, because I've been trolled by duplicate accounts, and that meant someone didn't like me and was trying to sabotage me or something like that.
So, I want the difference to be clear.

Anyway, the champion of that game is still Jorge, and the second place Crisis (from what I recall, maybe I missed some user).

And remember I was who said in the original post "In the meantime, I'd like users to posts their opinions about this subject that, from what I see, all it ever did so far was causing trouble and starting fights."
So, it was I who first proposed in this topic to get rid of the system and all the trouble it caused.

You're crying because the doctor unprescribed your placebo pills.
No, in any case it would be Fontaine and my plasmids.

See?
You can't please people. :P
"...then the battle will last for eternity!"

Yeah, Upvoting is totally nerfed now.  But now no more whining about respect points going down, etc.
You're all a bunch of wankers. :P :P :P :P :P
You say that because you won the game, I will give you the fairy powder curse! PUN PUN! >:(
:P

In case anyone didn't notice, after my initial post and after measures were taken, I was joking; just read between lines. You can't take all those posts seriously, I said "C'est la vie", I parodied the Bible, etc....

I'm glad the way it is now, trolling is gone, now if anyone wants to troll someone they have to do it arguing like civilized people, not pressing a stupid button like coward kitties.

Also, it was proven that duplicate accounts are not a possibility here. I'm glad about that too.
I had many headaches in past websites because of duplicate accounts.

Now, in all seriousness: all mods did a great job, as usual, in order to keep this place peaceful.

Edit: typing mistakes.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 01:07:03 PM by Pfil »
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: September 03, 2013, 01:02:28 PM »
+1
I hear ya Pfil.  ;)
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #78 on: September 03, 2013, 01:18:52 PM »
+1
We are almost reaching the top, I was planning to use all these points to ressurect Count Dracula. But this is not over yet, lets meet in the Inverted Castle Dungeon.

Mwaha-hahahaHAHAHAHAHA!
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #79 on: September 03, 2013, 02:02:53 PM »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: September 03, 2013, 02:42:10 PM »
bwaahahaha @Freak. xD
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: September 03, 2013, 02:44:00 PM »
I was planning to use them to buy a PS4.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: September 03, 2013, 06:17:37 PM »
http://www.icvdforums.com/forum/

It was intentional, I knew about this forum because of these awards thing. But I never thought about actually joining until you sent me this link and I saw that you are a active member there.

Maybe I should really join...
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #83 on: September 03, 2013, 06:44:28 PM »
If this were a decade ago, the experience there would be far different....and far more unpleasant, mwahahahahahahahahaha. ;D

« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 06:47:19 PM by Bloodreign »

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: September 03, 2013, 07:00:28 PM »
With a hand in their hearts, current admins and life-long admins must be really happy with the kind of users and peaceful atmosphere the Dungeon is enjoying today, and I say this with all the humility in the world. Just as we dungeonites are happy for it.
I would never have joined the forum if I wouldn't have perceived the white aura surrounding it.

By the way, a decade ago was 2.003, I wasn't a reader of the CV Dungeon forum (I was of the main site, however).
What could have been polemic about that times regarding CV? I can't imagine...

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: September 03, 2013, 08:00:10 PM »
If this were a decade ago, the experience there would be far different....and far more unpleasant, mwahahahahahahahahaha. ;D

That means that I lost a nice party?
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: September 03, 2013, 10:20:59 PM »
It sounds like the exact opposite to me...
Like a flame-fest.
I'm glad I'm here now and not then.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #87 on: September 03, 2013, 10:46:04 PM »
n00bs got roasted badly, and if you could take the heat and post some pretty funny comebacks, you became accepted after a while.

Then we got bored and realized we drove off everyone anyway, and now we're like a small band of crusty, disgruntled assholes who still hang together on occasion.

And before ICVD when we posted here (on the ezboard Dungeon), Kurt pretty much hated us. The only reason the Off Topic subforum was ever created was due to us being heinous and posting truly disgusting, hardcore NSFW stuff in the Castlevania Discussion board that he tried to control for a while with swear filters and goofy mods and that and by sticking us in our own little corner of the board, but it wasn't long before he gave up and let us have our day—until one of our own hacked into the board and completely obliterated it.

I dunno, it was fun. None of that stuff would fly now, of course.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #88 on: September 03, 2013, 11:47:09 PM »
+1
Wow, man...you guys were crazy back then o,o It seems you've calmed down a lot...at least from what I've seen of you since I've been here. XD

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #89 on: September 04, 2013, 01:12:21 AM »
+1
Age must have caught up to them, which is a good thing too. Now the boards are calmer.

I'm glad I'm here now and not then.

Me too.  :)

Tags: