Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse  (Read 274414 times)

Offline mgfcortez

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse
« Reply #675 on: October 29, 2014, 10:04:26 AM »
This game is, unsurprisingly (sad to say as I really would like to see a nice CV3 remake) a huge mess. I got ahold of your demo (don't ask how; lets just say I have friends and its none of your business) and suffice to say it was what I expected it to be based on the reactions I saw last time to the critiques you received. And by this I mean that people who usually get upset over hearing the obvious truth, usually are not known for having high quality standards in the long run. Case in point: someone told you guys a few days ago that the game was unplayable, and the gfx clashed. And you immediately went on the defensive, when he is 100% right.

You guys really should forget about adding in more content, and focus on your basic physics, collisions, and movement. Not to mention more extensively bug testing internally. While the idea of releasing it like this and letting others bug test it for you might seem like a good one, most of the issues found should be things that you guys caught easily, and I have to say that you guys really need some better quality control standards. Some candles not working for example is beyond absurd, and some of my attacks just doing no damage at all when they should is ridiculous, hitboxes are atrocious, and there is no excuse for such a blatant lack of testing. To someone like me with programming experience, this is just repugnant.

I will say that I feel this thing has a LOT of potential, has a lot of novel (sp) ideas and overall could be lots of fun. I like the idea of starting off with someone different, thrown into a strange atmosphere with no warning. But the games controls, physics and enemies right now (the bone pillars; WTF?) just all feel like a pre alpha version of a game and needs a LOT more polishing in all aspects before it could be considered anywhere near ready for a release.  The same goes for a lot of the gfx and effects (though those should come last). If you think this game is anywhere near ready for a public release, you are just lying to yourselves.

If this offends don't know what to say: deal.

now this is funny saying things like.

(just all feel like a pre alpha version of a game and needs a LOT more polishing in all aspects before it could be considered anywhere near ready for a release.)

what the hell do you think it is?! it is a pre alpha its a beta.

(If you think this game is anywhere near ready for a public release, you are just lying to yourselves.)

maybe that's why you had to get your friend that's a beta tester that had it PM to him to give it to you cause it isn't a public release
yes i'll say now it is unplayable like you said that's why he has the skip thing in there,you can't hit a lot of bad guys and so on a lot of bugs that's the point of having us test it.
it was hard playing all the way threw stages 10 times but i found every little bug i could played all the way to the end and loved it even with the bugs.
as for the gfx clashing now your just being too damn picky for a fan game and i liked all the gfx i don't see nothing wrong there.
i'd like to see a few bosses changed but still its a great game and will be even better at 100% so wait till he gets it right then put your 2 cents in
i tried making a game before and the programing is hell so i understand how they can be bugs in this game but instead lets look at the bad ass programing he done right.
if you played this game like you said all the way threw you know he's done some bad ass stuff give the man time

and BMC War Machine thanks for all your hard work on this game and i hope nothing i said in the notes i sent to you, you took the wrong way like this guy or something (cause you never did reply back) if you did i was just pointing out bugs and trying to give you my honest out look on them i still am grateful to had a chance to beta test this game man thanks again loved getting to play it

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #676 on: October 29, 2014, 10:11:10 AM »

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #677 on: October 29, 2014, 10:13:00 AM »
Mgfcortez, no worries brother. I appreciate ALL the input that I got from the REAL beta testers - ah screw it, I meant all involved (get the hint now esco truth?) This was brought to me and at the tard level he posted it at I had to at least let it be known that he'll get my full attention  later (which he OBVIOUSLY is after) ive just been so slammed since the day after the beta release I hadnt even had a chance to get on here lol. So to all waiting I apologize - ill be getting in touch this evening and I want to say again, THANK YOU for taking the time to help me out!  ;D
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline mgfcortez

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #678 on: October 29, 2014, 10:48:37 AM »
Mgfcortez, no worries brother. I appreciate ALL the input that I got from the REAL beta testers - ah screw it, I meant all involved (get the hint now esco truth?) This was brought to me and at the tard level he posted it at I had to at least let it be known that he'll get my full attention  later (which he OBVIOUSLY is after) ive just been so slammed since the day after the beta release I hadnt even had a chance to get on here lol. So to all waiting I apologize - ill be getting in touch this evening and I want to say again, THANK YOU for taking the time to help me out!  ;D

no problem glad to help and i understand being busy i just wanted to make sure i know i did go in hard about them flying skeleton demons i never had a feeling for them before now but after your game i truly hate them ;D
be cool man and can't wait to see a full release one day 8)

Offline SabinFigaro

• Hunter in Training
  • What a horrible day to go to work..
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #679 on: October 29, 2014, 11:11:26 AM »
 Yo small truth, why do you always come here to bitch, yet never offer any help. You're pathetic dude. You've been trolling this thread before, we get you're a troll, you made your statement. Now leave please, permanently. By the way, to the one who leaked the beta to this assclown: not cool dude.

Offline FanOfDracula

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #680 on: October 29, 2014, 12:45:31 PM »
wow!! that hot is here, well, whatever, I would have liked to test the game, but it happened, I'll wait for the final version, as a remake of Castlevania 3 must be so good,  ;DI can not wait !!, jajjaja. Well, is that alucard and trevor are my favorites.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #681 on: October 29, 2014, 02:56:23 PM »
wow!! that hot is here, well, whatever, I would have liked to test the game, but it happened, I'll wait for the final version, as a remake of Castlevania 3 must be so good,  ;DI can not wait !!, jajjaja. Well, is that alucard and trevor are my favorites.
Hahaha, don't let the nonsense turn you off to testing dude, if you want to test just shoot me a PM and i'll hook you up.  If you want to wait it's all good too man  8)

Offline FanOfDracula

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #682 on: October 29, 2014, 03:08:39 PM »
hey thanks!! but no problem, I'll wait, however first I have to format this pc crap, my family using my computer and it was full of rubbish xD, anyway i'll be on the lookout for developments here
 ;D

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #683 on: October 29, 2014, 03:10:38 PM »
If you have your jumping animation set up like this:   , don't. Have it set up like this: .  (anchored by the head)

Why? Because when you attack, it doesn't attack at the jump height, instead it attacks really low. You should anchor all animations be the head (except the walk and whip animations) so that way the attack height and everything stays the same.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #684 on: October 29, 2014, 03:17:23 PM »
Thanks for the input man, honestly that's a coding thing i'll need to clean up.  Originally it was and i was having some issues with the overall size of the sprites being at 320x240 in size, but the only section that actually had the sprites was about roughly 50x20 so i cropped everything to mesh better and that makes it a little tougher to align in my program, but definitely will be taken care of upon release  ;D

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #685 on: October 29, 2014, 03:20:33 PM »
hey thanks!! but no problem, I'll wait, however first I have to format this pc crap, my family using my computer and it was full of rubbish xD, anyway i'll be on the lookout for developments here
 ;D
Cool deal buddy, thanks for the support!  8)

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #686 on: October 29, 2014, 04:41:44 PM »
+1
AAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIGG GGGGGGGHHHHHHHHTTTTTTT!!!!!!!

To my best buddy the_truth (cough,cough ESCO), let's review the post with the "expert programmer", shall we?

This game is, unsurprisingly (sad to say as I really would like to see a nice CV3 remake) a huge mess. I got ahold of your demo (don't ask how; lets just say I have friends and its none of your business) and suffice to say it was what I expected it to be based on the reactions I saw last time to the critiques you received.
Hmm, really? First off, let me just say that ANYTHING i do, REGARDLESS of what it is, IS MY BUSINESS!!!!!  and obviously you, being the troll that you are, knew that you would've never received a response from me, had you been a straight up man about it and say "hey dude, i'd like to beta test your game", ya know, LIKE ALL OF THE TESTERS, REAL MEN DID CONTACTING ME?! But i digress, some people just don't know how to get out of the high school drama of doing things in secret, and can't WAIT to stir the pot!

based on the reactions I saw last time to the critiques you received. And by this I mean that people who usually get upset over hearing the obvious truth, usually are not known for having high quality standards in the long run. Case in point: someone told you guys a few days ago that the game was unplayable, and the gfx clashed. And you immediately went on the defensive, when he is 100% right.
Again, really?! Please, humor me troll, exactly WHERE did someone get defensive on these results? Cuz uh, i looked and, well:

Sadly i didnt add the health refill, weapons etc but there is a quick pass if the game happens to lock/freeze/break - press page up and it kicks you to the next frame and also the number keys will take you to different stages as well as f3-f7.

EDIT: Also, i have NO idea why this happened, but some of my stage boundaries just disappeared, i've tracked those down and added them again so that much is fixed lol, as well as the bone pillar speed.  Its a gradual speed up, which gives the player more mercy that was needed from the start lol.

here's the first response and then you have:

Actually i tell you what: let me refine Grant's climb again and double and triple check the boundaries condition and i'll add those to this....dont know WHY in the world i didn't think of it before being for test purposes lol.  I'll probably assign everything to the number pad to remove the possibility of skipping stages by mistake with the normal number keys lol.

AGAIN, i ask.....the fuck does it show anywhere in those posts that ANYONE is being DEFENSIVE?  Want a tip from a "non - expert programmer"?  Addressing any findings that the BETA TESTERS find, IS NOT BEING DEFENSIVE!!  This is the very reason why your "master - piece" (i separate the difference between master and piece for a reason, use that tiny imagination to figure out the rest, wait, i meant to say :deal) will NEVER have a following, and NEVER have an appreciation.

Now, im going to TRULY SHOCK YOU A SECOND and point out what would be some CONSTRUCTIVE feedback and findings (again, this only really applies to the REAL people on here that went about getting the beta the RIGHT way instead of sparking this flame war with the matches in your hands, and namely because, well troll, you need all the help ya can get with giving feedback:

You guys really should forget about adding in more content, and focus on your basic physics, collisions, and movement. Not to mention more extensively bug testing internally. While the idea of releasing it like this and letting others bug test it for you might seem like a good one, most of the issues found should be things that you guys caught easily, and I have to say that you guys really need some better quality control standards.

See? I HONESTLY dont see anyone (myself included) that would take offense to this statement.  Sadly (in your words) it took you a PARAGRAPH to reach this point....are we sensing a pattern here?

And then, here ya go, the assclown in you returns:
Some candles not working for example is beyond absurd, and some of my attacks just doing no damage at all when they should is ridiculous, hitboxes are atrocious, and there is no excuse for such a blatant lack of testing. To someone like me with programming experience, this is just repugnant.
Are you REALLY thinking ANYONE on this forum takes your bullshit seriously?!  And again, i challenge you troll bitch, "blatant lack of testing"....really? says the troll that has NOTHING to show for with his "expert programming skills".  Everyone!  Please, bow down to the mightiness of the king troll and his infinite kingdom of horseshit!  Hahahaha! 

And AGAIN, you surprise us, JUST FOR A MINUTE being something other than a douche nozzle:
I will say that I feel this thing has a LOT of potential, has a lot of novel (sp) ideas and overall could be lots of fun. I like the idea of starting off with someone different, thrown into a strange atmosphere with no warning. But the games controls, physics and enemies right now (the bone pillars; WTF?) just all feel like a pre alpha version of a game and needs a LOT more polishing in all aspects before it could be considered anywhere near ready for a release.  The same goes for a lot of the gfx and effects (though those should come last).

And for the GRAND FINALE, the return of king assclown, expert programmer!!!!!
If you think this game is anywhere near ready for a public release, you are just lying to yourselves.

If this offends don't know what to say: deal.
Hahahaha, this is the icing on the cake dude, deal huh?  I thought about this today and you know what i've realized?  If i was working on a SOTN C.L.O.N.E ( bare with me dude, i know it's hard but: C.loning L.ots of O.rignal, uninspired material that N.o one would E.tertain the thought of even commenting on how lame it was) i'd be pissed if someone, who was making a TRUE remake of a game, got more attention than I got!  But hey, a master programmer like yourself should have nooooo problem making the be all, end all game for us non-worthy worms to kiss you ass to get, right? 

Yeah, thought so.  I mean, be real man - A HARDER SOTN???? Hm......pretty damn original if you ask me!!!  Wait wait wait, im scrapping my project where its at, got a better game idea.  "Calling all master programmers, please, since i too, am a master programmer familiar with every program, engine, tools known to man, i need you to do my work for me, so we can create the most badass remake ever seen since SOTN HACKED!!!! I present to you":

Dude, get a life.  If you are sooo disgusted with this game, do us ALL a favor and just piss off!  You sound like one of the soccer mom's who bitches about shows on tv like the walking dead but feel to good to change the fucking channel!  Matter of fact, do us all an even BIGGER favor and stop making fake accounts, i mean, c'mon dude, if you get perma banned - it was for a reason.  Apparently NO ONE on here needs you or wants you here, and i just hope im not the only person programming a game that tells you to take a shit some place else (yeah, i saw your posts on others threads being an assclown there as well).

Now, on to the next bit of business now the_troll, uh, i mean esco, shit i mean the_truth.  There have been some questions floating around about me wanting to keep this under wraps to keep the ideas here, check this out, it should clear the air a bit:

Keep in mind, i posted these vids a LONG time before they were shown in the "other" form on the forum, i've got some people watching my vids here and on youtube gathering up all the ideas i had to use in theirs.  Look, i know that there's a limited palette to work with, especially when you are using sprites from other games and that's cool.  But CUSTOM props, as in NOT IN THE ORIGINAL version, well then, that's where it becomes a problem.  But i think i can leave the pic to explain the rest, speaks for itself.

And again, to everyone that has been SUPPORTIVE (which realistically has been 99.99% of the forum) thank you all very much for your continued support and feedback!  ;D And i wish i could echo this in a better way for the beta testers taking the time to help me out, i can't thank you guys enough for your help with this project!  To all else, sorry you had to see all this garbage, but some of us can't sit idly by and let assclowns like this one say their piece to stir the shit and then flee the scene as quickly as they got here.  I just hope like the rest of us that this problem get's out of here (AGAIN!) very soon!

EDIT: I forgot to mention this, i've been quiet on what was mentioned in the last pic but that ends now! Personally, and this is just my opinion, i don't feel the need to post random, tiny updates and chit chat about things, ONLY to make sure my thread stays on the top post....c'mon fellas, let - it - go  :-\
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 05:12:49 PM by BMC_War Machine »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #687 on: October 29, 2014, 08:37:44 PM »
So esco's back. As if threatening to kill people and stealing away non-existent girlfriends wasn't good enough for him... And at least what people are doing here with Castlevania is far more then what Konami has done with it the past few years.

On the up-side I look forward to seeing these fan games completed and give them a solid play-through. don't give up dudes  ;)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline FanOfDracula

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #688 on: October 29, 2014, 10:45:10 PM »
that good speech xD, anyway excellent job war machine  :D

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #689 on: October 30, 2014, 04:35:59 PM »
SabinFigaro, mgfcortez, X, aalluuccaarrdd, Dracula:
Thanks dudes  ;D trust me, im not going anywhere and the game will be good as gold when I take care of your findings, you guys rule and with every new report I get from a tester it makes me smile even more, just to see how much the true fans really want to help and how much they already dig it! Hats off to you,gentlemen  8)

Tags: