Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: John Kerry: Israel and Palestinians to resume peace talks  (Read 1793 times)

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
John Kerry: Israel and Palestinians to resume peace talks
« on: July 20, 2013, 11:07:07 AM »
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/israel/10191924/Israel-and-Palestinians-lay-groundwork-for-new-peace-talks-says-John-Kerry.html

*sigh* Well, all I can say is - here we go again.  :P
I really doubt there have ever been negotiations which have seemed so incredibly hopeless from the very start. It's really damn sad. It's like America is happy about "bringing the kids to the table again" even though they know the kids have nothing to discuss. It's really not a question about whether the negotiation would fail but when, and what would be the consequences of the failure.

I think the general mood in the country is of incredible sarcasm. After 20 year of no progress whatsoever, most people agree that a settlement is important, but don't believe a settlement is possible in the near future. 
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: John Kerry: Israel and Palestinians to resume peace talks
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 10:21:38 AM »
I don't think it's going to be much longer for the two sides to bury the hatchet. No one can ever truly fight or hate eachother forever. It's not in our nature. Sooner or later they'll all tire of the constant conflicts and come to the conclusion that the conflicts were never even worth fighting about in the first place. It was a grave mistake on the Allies' part to have both Israel and Palestine as separate countries when they should have been one country with both living together from the start. Many of the wars between the two would not have ever happened if this was the case. But it's obvious that the leaders of the time just weren't thinking about the long-term effects of segregation.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags:

anything