Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Spritework Request & Showcase Thread  (Read 1056786 times)

Offline Mega Man Model T 101

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #285 on: August 31, 2011, 11:12:40 PM »
Now that's a lot better than anything I could do or attempt! :o

Well, here's a little bit of help with how the whip animation works. You technically mean 2nd and 3rd frames, I even provided a little animation example for it. The second frame, it a bit overhead, as the whip is starting to go up. The third frame is the arm going forward, thus starting to snap the whip forward, and then come forth where as you see the whip is starting to go fully. I really love how you did her coat and skirt so far. ;D
The Legend shall live again....

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - First Place 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 2nd Place Award One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #286 on: September 02, 2011, 02:23:37 AM »
Glad you liked it! :D more to come nxt week!

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #287 on: September 02, 2011, 04:22:17 PM »
+1
005! Good to see you here man! I'd love to hire you as a spriter for a game, man. Your sprites are awesome. :D
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
  • Whoa dude!what a horrible night for no beer.....
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #288 on: September 02, 2011, 08:01:50 PM »
+1
Hey Las here,  Ok well i though this was a good place to show these sprites cause i'm having issues with the back end of alucard's cape. I also need to figure out some shading issues on the back of it. This is some artwork i'm helping ESCO with.I have 3 sets thus far for him a stand attack, ducking attack and jumping attack for a heavy sword(incomplete however).  Here are animated gif files of them and the latest sheet i've made aswell:

Here's the sheet:

Anyone who might have some advice on alucard's back end of his cape especially it would be greatly appreciated. I know ESCO is serious about his game and i really wanna get these sprites looking professional. Thanks to anyone who gives ideas or help. OH sorry bout the gif's i made on clear background so they'd be better viewed if you save and view em through windows internet explorer gif player.

*One last thing i wanted to ask. Is their anyone out there who has all of soma's katana sprite moves. For some reason i don't think the ones i have are A)enough of his sprites for  the move and B)in the correct order. Any one who has them i'd appreciate it if i could get my hands on those. Thanks again!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 08:05:40 PM by Las »

Taking Edward Scissorhands to a whole new level!

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #289 on: September 02, 2011, 09:33:21 PM »
Al has three sets of midair attack animations, ascending and descending, along with a diagonal downward attack for one-handed weapons. Try to match these for your midair attack animations. By the way, your midair landing greatsword slash animation looks like the legs mysteriously swapped positions, try making it transition to the crouching one instead.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 09:40:14 PM by VladCT »
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #290 on: September 02, 2011, 11:57:04 PM »
+1
Cool i'll look into that. Thanks. Sometimes it almost seems like it's easier to tell when something works when you see it in gameplay even though animted gifs' are the closest way to tell. I think those jumping sprites will probably be better suited perhaps than what i had for the him cause of his cape. I'm guessing the last two sprites of the jumping one don't need the leg to hit the ground. Don't the players have some sort of landing sprites. I mean it seems characteritic of alucard. In theory i think that would happen then again their would be far more frames than i have, though it would appear i have the correct amount on the standing and duck attack sprites. I do think the jumping ones should line up the same aswell. Maybe i'll just continue a similar pattern except use the cape like in the sprites you've shown for the jumping sprites. I almost tend to think the cape on the stand and ducking attack would slide forward a slight bit thus making it smoosh up against his back leg in later frames. Well i'm gonna sit down again and try and get something that makes more sense for the jumping sprites for sure.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #291 on: September 03, 2011, 12:25:30 AM »
Cool i'll look into that. Thanks. Sometimes it almost seems like it's easier to tell when something works when you see it in gameplay even though animted gifs' are the closest way to tell. I think those jumping sprites will probably be better suited perhaps than what i had for the him cause of his cape. I'm guessing the last two sprites of the jumping one don't need the leg to hit the ground. Don't the players have some sort of landing sprites. I mean it seems characteritic of alucard. In theory i think that would happen then again their would be far more frames than i have, though it would appear i have the correct amount on the standing and duck attack sprites. I do think the jumping ones should line up the same aswell. Maybe i'll just continue a similar pattern except use the cape like in the sprites you've shown for the jumping sprites. I almost tend to think the cape on the stand and ducking attack would slide forward a slight bit thus making it smoosh up against his back leg in later frames. Well i'm gonna sit down again and try and get something that makes more sense for the jumping sprites for sure.

Speaking of which, what program do you use for Gifs? I had a really crappy one which involved long processes to fix even one frame.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #292 on: September 03, 2011, 12:52:33 AM »
+1
I use the gimp 2.6. I know there's newer version by now. It works really good. I can tell you it is easy to make an animated gif file using it.  What you do is put your first layer down(i usually do it on a clear background). Then go onto the toolbar and go into windows, then down to dockable dialogs and then to layers to open up your layer windows and keep track of your animations. I typically also tend to label my layers aswell by numbers so as to keep track of them. When done save as "the name of your file".gif and save as an animation(very important), make sure "loop forever" has a check mark next to it. And where it says  "frame disposal where unspecified" select "One frame per layer(replace)". And you can change the delay between frames of it too by putting in the miliseconds you want( i typically leave it at 100).  Hit save and walla!!!!

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #293 on: September 03, 2011, 01:49:06 AM »
thx, the program I had was waaaaay too much trouble.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #294 on: September 03, 2011, 12:55:37 PM »
+1
Yeah Vlad CT, i looked over that sheet you had and i think i've come to the conclusion that alucard's body turns a bit too much in those picks. He would have to come straight down with the great sword for example. Also it seems to not be enough cape frames in it. Their are about 9 frames per animations. It almost seems like nothing on his entire sheet would work with teh small expection of this turn and run the other way sprites. But i think i've found somewhat of a solution. It may work it may not but i think soma's sprites for that seem to have more dynamics to the cape that alucard might see. I think i just have to make it flow better and make it longer plus use the correct grey lining for it. ANy suggestions?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 08:10:52 PM by Las »

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - First Place 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 2nd Place Award One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #295 on: September 03, 2011, 02:55:23 PM »
Walla: lol you mean voila,right?XD
Abt Al,yeah there are quite a number of issues ya got there,the jerkiness in the leg movement at the beginning,his leg all of a sudden bends halfway down in the end..
And the most obvious one,his cape magically shrinks as it flaps down..i would suggest that you try perfecting his hitting animation first,then sketch the cape animation from frame to frame..if you look back a few pages in this thread,my hugh run animation is done similarly..;-)

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #296 on: September 03, 2011, 03:12:27 PM »
+1
Ok i'm back with an update cause the last two animated gifs weren't working so well. THe capes angles were inaccurate.

may be my best yet. I'ts really hard too tell but he's leg is edging closer to the ground so as too land. Also teh cape seems to come down more on a slant. I think this would look more accurate on the back end animations. Ok i may sit and doddle with the leg a bit? Also teh would the cape hit the ground momentarily to go back into the stand position? But besides that any other comments.

Ok i'm reupdating again. I'm trying to bust ass on these sprites and get them right for ESCO. I honestly think most of alucards' cape movement for this move are gonna end up being rather inacurate for the direction in which he swings. I abandoned the other ideas way up on an earlier post seeing how they really weren't working for him.

I'm trying to perfect his cape so it looks like it's coming down right and what not. I know ESCO mentioned to shade the back end, but i need to get the mechanics down correct before i can take that next step. Anyone think his cape flows good or no? Just trying to get it really nice. I realize earlier today when i morphed Soma sprites to Alucard they simply didn't work(to bad). those soma sprites are nice. But his cape is too small compared to alucard's. I'm gonna try and retweak the duck animations cape so it flows to his back better too. When all the mechanics are done i'll touch up the back end with a bit of shading and do my best to perfect the hell out of these animations. After that it's katana sprite time. Say anyone got his full katana sprites(in correct order) the sheet i got doesn't look right or seem to have enough animations.

Udate 2: Ok so i've updated the sprites once more in an effort to get this godforsaken cape correct, or closer. Maybe i need to take mechanics 101.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 08:11:52 PM by Las »

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #297 on: September 04, 2011, 06:57:04 AM »
Not realy an interesting post e're,nor is it a new one for that matter..its a five month old( if I assume correctly,i sorta lost track o' time lol) custom maxim kischine sprite ive worked on for serio's cv fighter..how does it look? :-D

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #298 on: September 04, 2011, 07:27:46 AM »
+1
It looks much better than the one in that gameboy advance or ds game. I haven't exactly gotten a chance to play those games but i've seen the sprites. And for some of the player the movements seem rather basic. Your sprites are much more detailed than that of the gameboy advance game. Nice work so far!

Offline ScionOfBalance

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #299 on: September 04, 2011, 10:58:10 AM »
Not realy an interesting post e're,nor is it a new one for that matter..its a five month old( if I assume correctly,i sorta lost track o' time lol) custom maxim kischine sprite ive worked on for serio's cv fighter..how does it look? :-D

Look's awesome,man.You got talent.How much time do you take to do your sprites?

anything