Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2378519 times)

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
I don't know if we need any more conspiracy theories on here but I thought I'd mention this.

A while back, Flame mentioned that Alvarez wasn't listed in the credits for MOF, but recently on Twitter he claimed he was involved in response to someone asking if he was on that team.
"There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds." - G.K. Chesterton

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
It wouldn't surprise me, he IS the head of MS and the general head of the LoS project, but as far as the nitty gritty? he was very likely NOT involved. He was definitely NOT on the writing team, and that's what really matters. And it makes sense.

MoF feels like a pretty good continuation of where LoS left off, with Gabriel as Dracula. LoS2 though feels entirely disjointed from anything else.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
I agree with having only the Castle as being the playable area. It would make the game 100% better. I could deal with the bullshit story then.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 06:06:28 PM by Maedhros »

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
^^I just finished the game last night and overall that was my impression. The city sequences were kind of weird and while ok at times, generally the parts of the game I liked the least.

In all I'm not sure how I feel about the game. Part of me wants to give it another shot but another part of me is like, "Eh, once is enough" and that's rarely a feeling I have about CV games. I'm kind of disappointed.

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
I feel like I'm one of the few people who would have wanted the second game to be linear, especially after seeing how bad the open world aspect is.

The linear, chapter-by-chapter of the first game felt much simpler. It was straightforward. Plus, it felt good to go back and replay levels finding out where missing treasures were. It felt like true progression from a Castlevania game. And I do miss the narrations. I would have loved to have Dracula narrate the chapters.

"There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds." - G.K. Chesterton

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
I feel like I'm one of the few people who would have wanted the second game to be linear, especially after seeing how bad the open world aspect is.

The linear, chapter-by-chapter of the first game felt much simpler. It was straightforward. Plus, it felt good to go back and replay levels finding out where missing treasures were. It felt like true progression from a Castlevania game. And I do miss the narrations. I would have loved to have Dracula narrate the chapters.

Agreed. I felt like the fact that they had to have a map with your point of destination marked on it was a bit of a giveaway that the levels aren't exactly well designed and that your objectives weren't very well laid out. If I'm not sure where I'm going and why I'm going there...  :P