Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Swan Song (poetry)  (Read 2610 times)

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« on: July 18, 2013, 09:52:54 PM »
+1
1000 messages...
It's already here, who would have thought this day would come so quickly?
Who would have thought it would all end so swiftly?
But that's life, and we must accept our fate with peace and resignation.
And now that a thousand paths I've walked, I know the end is here, so I must embrace it.
I can't go on, I'm not allowed, I've always knew in the end it will come to this.
Don't cry for me during those long nights. Listen to the howling of the children of the night and remember that girl you used you know when you were young.
My soul will miss thee, beloved comrades who gave me grace and understanding.
Long not for my departure, for I'll still be lurking 'round the corners of the dark night, singing behind the stage curtain, crying in that tower, running free in that forest beneath the pines, or reminiscing in that moon that forever will now shine upon us all.
Whenever you feel like talking to me, just gaze upon that moonlight, let that light bath your eyes, and think about me, for I'll be there.
Whenever someone mentions my common subjects, my cherished desires, my fantasies never reached, I'll be there too.
So I guess this is the end.
This is the last goodbye.
It's sad that it ends, but it's been a wonderful ride.
As the saying goes: it's not about the destination, it's about the way that took you there.
And how precious and unforgettable this way was!
Thank you for making me a little happier in lonely nights or routine work days.
I'll treasure you all in my heart.
Farewell, my dear dungeonites.
We'll not meet again.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 09:54:53 PM by Pfil »
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 05:43:09 AM »
+1
That SOTN reference. Beautiful.

What's with the goodbyes though?  :(

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 09:41:07 AM »
+1
Very thoughtful poem.  :)

What's with the goodbyes though?  :(

I'm wondering about this too.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 12:50:25 PM »
Thanks to both!  :)

No, the farewells were just for dramatic purposes.
I started to write something because I wanted my 1000th message to be special.
But then, since I was about to go on a trip, I thought: what about if I was going away forever? How would it be to say goodbye to everyone with a poem? All my family, my memories?
And so the initial post transformed into something else, and I liked it, so I left it at that.
It was kind of an improvisation.
And finally I added the SotN quote in the end because I just love it  :)
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Tags: