Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: SD Vania (Requiem Of Blood)  (Read 4248 times)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« on: June 30, 2013, 09:46:34 AM »

Requiem Of Blood (freeware indie game)

Im out of words, its almost a "Syd (SD) Valis" version of Rondo of Blood, I found it as a recommendation by youtube, looks like a fun game.

Download: http://www.freem.ne.jp/dl/win/2463
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 10:09:31 AM »
It does look like a CV take on Syd (SD) Valis. However SD Yuko had much smoother animation then SD Richter here does. While the game does look interesting the only detail that bothers me is the amount of hits it takes to finish off a Golom or a living armor. I got board with those parts of the vid so I jumped passed them. SD Richter just seem way too underpowered when pitted against those two enemies. If they were stage half-bosses then I could see them with that much health, but otherwise? No.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2013, 10:37:24 AM »
Urgh, two-frame walk!?

I think that Richeresque hero's sprite is based on Final Fantasy's "Fighter" what with that stance and all.
LOVING the General MIDI music.  I miss those days...

Stages look tough especially with those high-health enemies.  Everything takes so many hits, what is this, Lords of Shadow?

Still, gotta dig how cool the cute SD graphics look.  That werewolf especially hehe.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 05:52:18 PM »
lol. Interesting. Only think I don't dig is the pixel doubling on the Ape Skeletons. Other than that, a very neat idea. :)
"Stuff and things."

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 02:22:29 PM »
I've played this game past the 1st stage, I only didnt replied here before because I forgot that this thread existed. When I remembered about it I ran to it LOL
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~