Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Regarding Ericard  (Read 34104 times)

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: The stealing, plagiarizing user called Ericard :)
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2015, 10:37:11 AM »
In no defense of Ericard, this is why I do not care for ripped graphics for fan games. It's a grab bag of a bunch of crap pulled from anywhere. Of course you're going to end up using artwork you shouldn't with such a hacktastic method of game making. Apparently he's been doing this so long that he's lost any sense of morality.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 01:26:39 PM by Belmontoya »
The worst monsters are human.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2015, 11:13:32 AM »
+3
If he ever puts this up on a website, all it takes is a PM to the staff to take it down, and if the staff don't cooperate, just contact the service provider and point them to the copyright violation. It'll get taken down quick.

God forbid if he ever tries to profit from it.

As it stands now, though, you guys have done all you can. He'll never be able to promote his game anywhere significant without people coming down on him.

Offline Zuljaras

• Castletoria (Game Project)
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2015, 02:31:52 PM »
But what you're proposing is basically bullying. As justified as you believe it is your harsher strategy so far has been about as successful as your attempts at polite requests.

You sound like a one of those lawyers who defend criminals. That is not a good thing.
Check out my game Castletoria in our forum ->> http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=5631.0

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2015, 02:46:21 PM »
You sound like a one of those lawyers who defend criminals. That is not a good thing.

To be fair, he was making a valid statement.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2015, 04:07:16 PM »
I wanted to talk to Ericard to talk about same  (almost same) histoy I have but dont have the time, the old persons in this forum know what im talking about, im feel terrible about what happen that day and still want to change that so much, but with the time I have never have a oportunity to send a pm or anything to Ericard, at 1st I think all is a mistake so he is going to talk nice and all, but when he say he is not going to remove the sprite I think thats so bad, If the creator dont want his art in your game you have to remove it, you dont have to risk your reputation and the reputation of your game, now your game are in a low pit and dont know how its going to end, if you still want to be a nice person I suggets to you to remove the sprite and learn from your mistakes as I did.

Offline Aelfwine

• Hunter in Training
  • Awards 2014-12-Quarterly 3D Contest 2nd Place Award
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2015, 05:23:07 PM »

I am actually against stealing sprites to use in games ( including from large companies, but that's another discussion). e105beta has the right idea, organising a group to stalk and harass people who have wronged you on the internet could reflect badly on a person and I think his is the most professional response to take.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2015, 05:41:15 PM »
+3
So it's wrong to follow him everywhere and publicly say "hey, you stole this and you're a bastard," but it's okay to follow him everywhere and PM the mods saying "hey, he stole this and he's a bastard?"

Not exactly following your logic, Aelfwine. I get it, but e105beta's suggestions weren't much different other than more nicely-worded methods of what we've been doing already.

We haven't sent him death threats.
We haven't geotagged or IP traced him to find his location and fuck with him IRL.
We haven't hacked his website and fucked everything up.
We haven't DDoS'd him.
We haven't done anything other than follow him to the places he's touting stolen content, told everyone he's stolen it, and called him out on acting like a twat when he does indeed act like a twat.

As I've said multiple times, I totally get what you're saying, but really there's a LOT worse that we could have done but haven't. I think you're antagonizing what we've been doing far more than is necessary. It's not like we're shaking down a third-grader for his lunch money here, we're shaking down the kid that does stupid shit and tries to weasel out of it to stop doing stupid shit and trying to weasel out of it.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 05:45:35 PM by Dracula9 »

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Aelfwine

• Hunter in Training
  • Awards 2014-12-Quarterly 3D Contest 2nd Place Award
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2015, 07:29:20 PM »
You're right, you haven't done all that stuff.
However this thread has been used to direct other users to ericard's presence on other websites with the  intention of harassing him. theplottwist has stated that he is "badmouthing this dude, wherever I go and he is present" not to mention the numerous times that this user has been insulted here and you've expressed a desire to be more aggressive.
What ericard has done is wrong, that's true. However I don't think that ruining his reputation does anything to fix that. It's just petty.

There is a big differance  between following an individual and publicly saying "Hey, you stole this and your a bastard!" and going to mods and saying "This content is stolen, can you please remove it".

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2015, 07:50:45 PM »
This thread should be stickied, for reference to newer people.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2015, 08:16:01 PM »
However this thread has been used to direct other users to ericard's presence on other websites with the  intention of harassing him. theplottwist has stated that he is "badmouthing this dude, wherever I go and he is present" not to mention the numerous times that this user has been insulted here and you've expressed a desire to be more aggressive.
What ericard has done is wrong, that's true. However I don't think that ruining his reputation does anything to fix that. It's just petty.

There is a big differance  between following an individual and publicly saying "Hey, you stole this and your a bastard!" and going to mods and saying "This content is stolen, can you please remove it".
Considering that there isn't much we can do legally, the best we can do is to make an example out of him that this shit does not fly.

Also, casting another vote to content theft being a bannable offense.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2015, 08:22:01 PM »
+1

Lucky me I don't play by this "be a better human" code. If I did, people like Ericard would be going around scott free doing their shit using my things without anyone stopping them. It's a silly self-imposed samurai restriction that generates no results whatsoever.

A person that does something wrong, needs to be reminded what they are doing wrong, or they'll never change.

By exposing Ericard and marking him as a thief, MAYBE he'll rethink his ways in the long run and eventually stop his antics. I know some people who do, so I'm positive in that. Until then, let the badmouthing run amok. It's not like it's having any effect, is it ;) ?

Also, I find it funny that you're expressing concern for him being "harassed too much", when the one starting it was himself by demeaning my work. You reap what you sow, I guess. I told him through PM that this was going to happen because he was acting like a twat. It's not like he didn't knew it or didn't have time to fix his mess. It was his choice to go on with his shenanigans, and this is the most I can do. So I'll do it.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 08:25:43 PM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline C Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2014-12-Quarterly 3D Contest 1st Place Award The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2015, 09:07:34 PM »
This thread should be stickied, for reference to newer people.

It should be locked.
This thread targets a single user and encourages other members to follow and attack him and thus far the moderators have only either contributed to it or laughed.

If this thread targeted any other member I doubt it would have gone this far.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2015, 09:20:26 PM »
I'm surprised he hasn't just been banned, given the amount of trouble he's caused.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2015, 09:42:22 PM »
Also, casting another vote to content theft being a bannable offense.

I'll add to the votes as well.  I'd suggest that perhaps if amends and an agreement are made, perhaps banning won't be necessary?
I.E. if someone had apologized and gotten permission, or apologized and removed the stolen sprite, perhaps instead of conversations on banishment we could instead be reminiscing good times over a spot of tea and some crumpets...or a hamburger.

Also, while I do think some example should be made of the offender, there probably is a line to avoid crossing.  While a sticky for the sake of a warning to other spriters is a valid idea, we don't want him permanently in stocks do we?  "THIEF" is a deserving title right now, among others it seems as he continues to dig a grave for himself, and this instance should be stopped.  Notifying admins of the stolen content etc. in this game seems like a good idea.  However, people do have the ability to change and "grow up".  Perhaps in time, he will learn the proper way(s) to cite and use the intellectual property of others.  And it may be a long time before that happens...but eventually the rat is shocked enough to learn it's way through the maze, right?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 09:43:55 PM by theANdROId »

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2015, 09:46:53 PM »
If this thread targeted any other member I doubt it would have gone this far.

Well, it only targeted Ericard because he did something shitty AFTER doing other shitty things. If someone here does something shitty, he'll have the same chances for redeeming himself that Ericard had before having the community turned against him. That's how I understand it, at least.

I don't get why some dudes here act as if Ericard has done nothing to deserve this. He walked EVERY wrong step there is to walk before this persecution happened. He had plenty of time before anyone decided to follow him and make his online life shit (and let's be real, we're being pretty tame and his life isn't even turning to shit so much).

C'mon, people.

But if you want to lock the thread, I will not oppose :)
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Tags: theplottwist 

anything