Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Regarding Ericard  (Read 34185 times)

Offline Aelfwine

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2014-12-Quarterly 3D Contest 2nd Place Award
    • Awards
Re: The stealing, plagiarizing user called Ericard :)
« Reply #75 on: March 28, 2015, 05:37:06 PM »
For someone who just a few weeks ago was going on his own crusade against anybody who made fangames, you're awfully vocal against this crusade against a thief and an asshat.

Pot, meet kettle?

If I recall correctly I suggested that an inspired game was a better idea than a fan game. Nobody agreed and I defended my opinion. Hardly a crusade. I'm not sure what the relevance here is though.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #76 on: March 28, 2015, 05:48:42 PM »
Just that we're doing something, you don't agree with it, and we're defending our opinions and actions.

It's been explained more than a few times why we're doing this and why we feel it's justified. I don't know how many more times you expect us to repeat the same thing. If you don't get it or agree with it, fine, but it's getting a bit tiresome having to watch you say the same things antagonizing us over and over. We've explained ourselves, stop dragging it out. You're against this thread, but you're contributing to it and maybe keeping it from fizzling out.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Aelfwine

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: March 28, 2015, 06:08:26 PM »
Just that we're doing something, you don't agree with it, and we're defending our opinions and actions.

It's been explained more than a few times why we're doing this and why we feel it's justified. I don't know how many more times you expect us to repeat the same thing. If you don't get it or agree with it, fine, but it's getting a bit tiresome having to watch you say the same things antagonizing us over and over. We've explained ourselves, stop dragging it out. You're against this thread, but you're contributing to it and maybe keeping it from fizzling out.

uh, yeah... I don't think you have much of a comparison. You may feel frustrated with repeating your reasons but I also find it frustrating that you don't see the problem with stalking people  on the internet with the intention  of causing harm. It's patently wrong and if it isn't already against the rules it should be.

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: March 28, 2015, 06:13:37 PM »
The game looked like garbage anyway. We can rest assured no one will buy it if he attempts to sell it, and even if not, it is very mediocre and will be quickly forgotten.

It doesnt even look like a decent proof of concept, let alone "game". The best part is the Dracula sprite which I hope will be put to good use and find good success with plottwists project.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: March 28, 2015, 07:01:32 PM »
You talk as though I (and the others) are gleefully "stalking" him and laughing maniacally as we destroy his entire existence.

We're not. We're showing an idiot (because he is, indeed, an idiot) that it's not okay to steal.

Would it be a grievous wrong to take your kid back to the store he shoplifted from and make him publicly return what he stole and embarrass him in front of everybody there?

Rhetorical question, I already imagine you'll say it is. But that's basically what we're doing.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: March 29, 2015, 07:38:05 AM »
+4
I'm currently vacationing, but upon my return I will add extra rules to content added to Fan Stuff.

I'm not locking this thread, as I feel the Castlevania Dungeon has a strong stance against plagiarism and other similar tomfoolery. I will add the rule and make a newspost So that it appears on the usual page refreshes.

I don't condone online bullying, but this isn't that. Then again, what people do OUTSIDE the forum is out of moderstion's jurisdiction.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Aelfwine

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: March 29, 2015, 06:30:05 PM »
I don't know how you can say you don't support online bullying, Jorge.  I mean look:

from theplottwist:
I'm doing the most I can do at the moment, which is badmouthing this dude wherever I go and he's present.
Dracula9:
What a twat.
Also, am I the only one laughing over him using one of those Flash waifu makers for his character portraits?
Piscesdreams:
"He is a most confusing individual. Everything he says is contradictory, moronic and self-serving. "I'M GONNA PUT THIS IN MY GAME, BECAUSE I DON'T NEED IT AND CAN'T REMOVE IT!"
I feel like every time he speaks I lose a year off of my life and get a little dumber."
dracula9:
"I'll bet you he's like twelve. This level of stupidity just screams "youngin."'
pisces dreams:
Seems like that's Ericard's mentality. A clusterfuck of wut

some moderators even recognise that members have been making fun of ericard.
Dracula, I think Kokushibyo was *making fun* of Ericard, i.e Ericard is so dumb even 12 year olds are smarter and more mature than he is. XD"
dracula9
"I wouldn't be against getting a whole troupe of people to follow him everywhere he posts the game and leave comments over what he's done and downvote the shit out of it all until he gets the damn memo and stops being a bastard."
Jorge :
"DDoS will Cure what ails ya."

theplottwist:
First, it HAS wielded results. First Ericard was happily publishing about his things without any obstacle (and even had people behind him cheering him up). Now he's known as twat by the biggest Castlevania forum. Not mentioning the FB group, where he was banned along with every mention of him or his work, which I'll bet were the best places he could ever speak about his Castlevania-related things
theplottwist:
"That was my primary goal when the discussion was friendly. Now that he derailed it into hostility by being a dumbass, the goal changed: Screwing up his name is the goal.

If you can read all this and still not see it for what it is then I don't know what to say. All this happened INSIDE this forum. You can say all you like that you can't control what people do outside the forum but you CAN stop people from making threads HERE to attack people.  Unfortunately it seems the moderators have left this thread open specifically so it can be used to target ericard.  You cannot in all seriousness say that you don't support bullying while simultaneously allowing a thread to exist where users have openly admitted a malicious desire to shame and destroy the reputation of an individual on other websites. It's ridiculous.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: March 29, 2015, 06:38:17 PM »
Denser than a block of lead.

He is a fucking content scraper. Everything that has happened has not gone unprovoked.

Get over yourself. You're not some advocating hero defending the meek, you're acting like just another one of those tools mindlessly blaming everything on bullying and pointing fingers at everyone but the accused because you can't seem to wrap your head around the concept of reaping what one sows.

And I want to know, just how many of the other sites Ericard's visited have you actually gone to yourself, hm? Have you seen what the hell he was doing on Facebook? I did, in fact I was there for most of it, and I can tell you with honesty he had that particular ban coming and then some. If his posts weren't gone due to said ban I'd post them here for you, since you clearly won't listen to a word I say.

Have you been in PM conversation with him, or seen the PMs he'd sent to plot? No, and neither has anyone else.

You only know what you've seen in this teeny tiny little thread, a small part of the whole thing. And you ordain to hound us for reacting aggressively? Get over yourself.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 07:08:56 PM by Dracula9 »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: March 29, 2015, 08:18:26 PM »
+2
The person guilty of plagiarism deserves the entire wrath of Anonymous, as far as I'm concerned. It is not bullying, it is vigilantism since the person has done something that the society sees as wrong.

Bullying would imply that the user did nothing wrong and people are just meanies who are being big meanies doing and saying mean things, those meanies.  Meanies.

This is not the case.
I stand by my opinion, but my opinion and what the Castlevania Dungeon's collective administrative stance on something are not always in alignment.

I suppose in the future I should post what is my personal opinion and what is the forum's administrative stance...
...or not. I really don't care to do that much work for an insignificant percentage of the forum populace.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: March 29, 2015, 08:20:33 PM »
So my comments are dictated as bullying? I stated the facts that what Ericard says makes no sense, that he contradicts himself. If I was bullying, I would have gone much further and believe me it would not take place here. I will kindly ask you to take my comments for face value, and not twist them to your agenda. If you view me as a bully, that is fine, because you are misconstruing the facts so I will chalk it up to confusion.

Offline Zuljaras

• Castletoria (Game Project)
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #85 on: March 31, 2015, 04:30:45 AM »
Ericard just took the first step of becoming a criminal. And we have to leave him alone? Just hope he will be banned here? That is not how things work in my eyes. I will go to the other Castlevania sites with proof that he is a thief and make him sorry for his ignorance.
Check out my game Castletoria in our forum ->> http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=5631.0

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #86 on: March 31, 2015, 06:00:55 AM »
The person guilty of plagiarism deserves the entire wrath of Anonymous, as far as I'm concerned. It is not bullying, it is vigilantism since the person has done something that the society sees as wrong.

Bullying would imply that the user did nothing wrong and people are just meanies who are being big meanies doing and saying mean things, those meanies.  Meanies.

This is not the case.
I stand by my opinion, but my opinion and what the Castlevania Dungeon's collective administrative stance on something are not always in alignment.

I suppose in the future I should post what is my personal opinion and what is the forum's administrative stance...
...or not. I really don't care to do that much work for an insignificant percentage of the forum populace.

I think a ban of Ericard would at least satisfy both parties and points of view at least in THIS forum. (For the millionth time.)

As I mentioned before, it may not stop him from coming to this site and stealing content but at least everyone would feel better about the whole situation in general to include the victim, The Plot Twist.

I see all this nonsense about trying to defend Ericard and he is dead wrong ( he even admitted it himself), but alot less about The Plot Twist and the distress that has been caused to him.

Either way, The Plot Twist was attacked through PM by Ericard and had his work stolen and then some vindictive crap started to go down which of course opened the flood gates to this thread.

Without wadding through everyone's opinions of this thread, that calls for a ban if I don't know what does...

What happens after a ban here "off the grid" so to speak doesn't really have any relevance to anything regarding the dungeon only to serve as a warning to others that may want to do something similar in the future.

Let's just ban Ericard and put this whole ugly mess to bed before we get some copy-cats or some major heat or whatever.

I just got the feeling nothing productive is going to come out of this mess and the whole message about stealing is getting lost in the back and forth.

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #87 on: March 31, 2015, 08:28:32 AM »
+3
Having been on the wrong side of a situation like this before, I can confidently say this is not bullying. Bullying would be harassing Ericard while in the process of, or after, getting the sprite removed from the game. Bullying would be if Ericard was cooperating with you guys, but you still followed him around and labeled him "THIEF" wherever he went. Bullying would be making death threats or illegally using his personal information against him.

This is not any of that. Ericard was caught in a copyright violation, and instead of apologizing and taking the sprite out, he:

1. Lied about finding it on google
2. Argued that it was fine because there was no explicit copyright statement on the sprite
3. Insisted it was impossible to remove, despite the fact that anyone with the brain to make a game obviously knows its not.
4. Pissed on the quality of the work
5. Continued to promote his game on other websites
6. Pretended to be another person on said other websites to avoid direct scrutiny
7. Returned here to finally and defiantly declare that there was no way the sprite was ever being removed

At this point he's not becoming a criminal, he IS one, and if he has a website that hosts this content it should be taken down.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 08:30:31 AM by e105beta »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: March 31, 2015, 06:05:51 PM »
I think a ban of Ericard would at least satisfy both parties and points of view at least in THIS forum. (For the millionth time.)

You know what we DO have a rule for? Junior-moderating.  So knock it off.
When I return from vacation, we the moderation team will discuss what will be done.
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline Zuljaras

• Castletoria (Game Project)
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #89 on: April 06, 2015, 01:32:46 AM »
I just wanted to post what I found about Ericard on youtube.

"YOU STEAL MY MOD AND YOU VIOLATE THE ENGINE COPYRIGHT, NOW CEASE ALL YOUR STUPID FIGHTING STREET GAME VIDEO AND MY MOD THAT YOU MODIFIED RIGHT NOW!"
"FUCK YOUR DICK ASSHOLE, YOU STILL USING MY MOD WITHOUT CREDIT AND STEALING ALL MY BASE STUFF!!! I SAID BRING IT DOWN ALL THE STUFF THAT YOU USING ALL THE TWELVE CHARACTERS!!!"
These are comments of the Casval Char a user who I think is Ericard because the same channel promotes the videos of the Castlevania with the stolen sprite.

Also one more comment from the same idiot - "The projectile is so fucking cheap and no challenging at all, go suck the hell with this dunk." This post was left on a Fan made Castlevania game.

And some people here will tell me that I should not try to dring this mother****** down? Seriously?
Check out my game Castletoria in our forum ->> http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=5631.0

Tags: theplottwist