Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania II - The Accursed Seal  (Read 17799 times)

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2016, 03:00:50 AM »
+1
New Development Thingy.

Simon's Quest is going to be retooled to be a more faithful remake, being something in between Momodora and Shantae, Cutting a good deal of the cast in the process.
Why? because thinking about changing the game from something simple has outgrown it's source material, Imagining Simon, a Grown up Kid Dracula, and a Spear Using Lady in a MoF-esque campaign isn't really Simon's Quest, ESPECIALLY when the plot is stemmed from a time flux created in Judgement, it's way too fanfiction IMO.

So, to get things straight, The Accursed Seal is going to be a Zelda-esque, Dark Souls-Esque metroidvania remake based on said games.

The New Content, will be (not-so) reworked into an independent fangame where experimentation is more invited and can further be refined over time, especially how certain elements are of a more light-hearted nature, it simply has to be it's own thing.

So BAM!, Also I've been going through a rather extreme case of Depression, but didn't let it go to extremes, living with Bipolar (type 2) is really a fucking mess sometimes, I feel like if I gave you guys some insight of my personal life you'll understand why things just slow down or rather just stops for a while.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2016, 07:08:03 PM »
New Development Thingy.

Simon's Quest is going to be retooled to be a more faithful remake, being something in between Momodora and Shantae, Cutting a good deal of the cast in the process.
Why? because thinking about changing the game from something simple has outgrown it's source material, Imagining Simon, a Grown up Kid Dracula, and a Spear Using Lady in a MoF-esque campaign isn't really Simon's Quest, ESPECIALLY when the plot is stemmed from a time flux created in Judgement, it's way too fanfiction IMO.

So, to get things straight, The Accursed Seal is going to be a Zelda-esque, Dark Souls-Esque metroidvania remake based on said games.

The New Content, will be (not-so) reworked into an independent fangame where experimentation is more invited and can further be refined over time, especially how certain elements are of a more light-hearted nature, it simply has to be it's own thing.

So BAM!, Also I've been going through a rather extreme case of Depression, but didn't let it go to extremes, living with Bipolar (type 2) is really a fucking mess sometimes, I feel like if I gave you guys some insight of my personal life you'll understand why things just slow down or rather just stops for a while.

*hugs* Be better buddy, this disease can get really cruel some times. Take your time, I'll be waiting for this project come to life like I always had been since I joined here :P
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2016, 08:14:36 PM »
That sucks Kazudra, I hope you stay well.
I can't empathise but I have lived with someone who was severely depressed and was bipolar for a number of years, and I certainly can understand being in a headspace which isn't where you want to be.

Looking forward to see what this project brings.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2016, 07:24:26 AM »
You know what was missing?
BARBARIAN AESTHETIC!

Simon's fur shoulder now extends to a fur cloak, added a permanent broadsword to his arsenal.
The Story of a Barbarian-esque mountain man learning his inherent of being a Vampire Hunter sounds very interesting, so I'm running with it, that also means some ret-con of CV1.

The Ghost Lady is now more important, She only appears to Simon once Dracula's power is more prominent, she tells him of his origin, and gives him the location of the whip.

Simon is not the best Whip wielder, though his brute strength allows him to whip-grab, in this instance, he's gonna learn a few things via MMZ-Style weapon training.

Simon also keeps his red hair, this is final, because Legends say that his hair is stained with the blood of his enemies.

This isn't a final sprite, due to lacking a scanner to show off recent sketches, It's rather hard to 1:1 his design.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2016, 09:09:26 AM »
I like the fact that he is using armor without removing his old outfit. You based this legend about his hair on Kratos by any chance? This barbarian on a mountain thing reminds me of Conan, cool.

This isn't a final sprite, due to lacking a scanner to show off recent sketches, It's rather hard to 1:1 his design.

What about using your phone cam and flashlight? It wouldn't be perfect but we would be able to see it.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2016, 09:35:44 AM »
This barbarian on a mountain thing reminds me of Conan, cool.

That's how simon was portraid in the first CV cover art Lelygax. Awesome, isn't it  ;)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2016, 10:18:55 AM »
That's how simon was portraid in the first CV cover art Lelygax. Awesome, isn't it  ;)

Yeah, I already knew about it, but apart from CV3 backstory about Belmont clan being exiled it was never hinted that they lived on mountains. So the closest thing to Conan was these designs. So its interesting to see someone trying to bring it to the game story.

While for some reason I prefer Chronicles design, is classic one is pretty cool too. :P
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Tags:

anything