Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Haunted Castle  (Read 70936 times)

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #255 on: July 20, 2014, 10:07:41 AM »
You know Drac, you could've just not commented on it. Just because he guessed right doesn't mean you have to tell him that. :P
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #256 on: July 20, 2014, 03:25:56 PM »
You know Drac, you could've just not commented on it. Just because he guessed right doesn't mean you have to tell him that. :P

^Pretty much that, lol

But yeah, since I randomly dropped off the radar a couple months ago, I completely lost track of this project, but looking over it again, I gotta say. The engine is REALLY shaping up nicely. It looks pretty damn solid, if I do say so myself.

Also, I love Dracula's design. That's... yeah. It's awesome.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #257 on: July 20, 2014, 04:44:19 PM »
okay. Could you give me the engine? (for VZ(hope i don't sound rude))
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #258 on: July 20, 2014, 07:40:13 PM »
No, X, I was kidding. You're just seeming to be on a similar wavelength with planning that I am, so the coincidences are just throwing me a bit. :)

I WAS KIDDIIIIIIIING!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 07:43:22 PM by Dracula9 »

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #259 on: July 20, 2014, 07:42:23 PM »
No, ZSG. I'm not giving out the engine. I planned on it being open source upon completion, but right now, I've put a LOT of work into it and I'm not comfortable sharing it just yet.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #260 on: July 20, 2014, 07:47:04 PM »
Okay. maybe a basic version? Also, did you make it from scratch? All I need is Zero, his moves, and maybe an enemy. I can't do a good Zero engine. I've tried.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #261 on: July 20, 2014, 07:50:32 PM »
No, I built it off of krw703's legendary Mega Man X engine (which is essentially perfect). I had to build Zero from X, which was considerably difficult. I can send you that, but you'll have to build Zero from it yourself.

And I hate to sound pessimistic, but depending on what you would do, I might send you the VZ engine. If all you're wanting to do is just add and change a few things and call it your own, I won't. You don't seem like that kind of person, but that's the impression I'm getting from what you're asking. If you really just want to build from it, then I'm a little less hesitant to share it.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #262 on: July 20, 2014, 07:53:59 PM »
I actually want to get my X9 project up and running again. Also, when I was little and wanted to make an X9 game, I wanted it to be open world. MMXC took that from it. THEY TOOK EEEEEET! But yes, I would like krw703's AND the VZ engine. Do you think it would be easy to make a switch system for them?

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #263 on: July 20, 2014, 08:59:44 PM »
No. It's a workload. But learning the process will be good for you.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #264 on: July 20, 2014, 11:03:21 PM »
If you cant understand and make the movement engine, the final product won't turn out great. Just get in there and learn it. Show some dedication.

Tags: