Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Jared Leto Joker  (Read 6138 times)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« on: April 25, 2015, 08:40:12 AM »
Who Saw this? (Yes, it's offical.)

I must say I am kind of excited to see this performance.

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 09:40:36 AM »
To be honest this Joker seems a bit too lolgrimderp to me. Looks like they went a bit too overboard with the psycho part IMO.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2015, 10:18:15 AM »
+1
They have yet to deliver anything as good as Jack Nicholson (or Cesar Romero for that matter).
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2015, 06:23:04 PM »
+1
Why is everyone in the world talking about this? What's the importance? Can I start a thread about how fat everyone is these days?
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2015, 06:40:41 PM »
Why is everyone in the world talking about this? What's the importance? Can I start a thread about how fat everyone is these days?

Well first it's the Joker's 75th Anniversary from DC Comics and The Joker is making an appearance in DC's upcoming (Avengers Counter Movie) Suicide Squad.

On a funnier side note: http://io9.com/jared-letos-new-joker-already-has-an-epic-set-of-memes-1700176400
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 06:44:46 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2015, 06:58:27 PM »
They have yet to deliver anything as good as Jack Nicholson (or Cesar Romero for that matter).

Jack Nicholson's Joker I don't think has aged as well as people think, because really it's just Jack Nicholson being Jack Nicholson, in makeup.

Romero on the other hand doesn't get nearly enough love.

To be honest, Hamill is and always will be my favorite Joker, with Ledger closely behind him. That being said, I think it'd be a rash move on anyone's part to judge Leto's actual performance on one photo alone. Clearly they're going to sell the insanity factor as much as possible, judging by said photo, but come on.

Suicide Squad Joker in the comics is wearing someone's fucking face.

It doesn't get much crazier than that. :P

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2015, 09:44:47 AM »
+1
Jack Nicholson's Joker I don't think has aged as well as people think, because really it's just Jack Nicholson being Jack Nicholson, in makeup.

And Jack Nicholson already has experience acting the part of a psychopath. He did so before in The Shining. And I agree with Mark Hamill's voice acting as the Joker.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2015, 11:54:18 AM »
Romero was awesome as joker. Jack was awesome as joker. Ledger was awesome as joker.

I can't think of anyone who has been cast as joker that sucked.

That's a good sign for Leto.
The worst monsters are human.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2015, 11:57:18 AM »
Romero was awesome as joker. Jack was awesome as joker. Ledger was awesome as joker.

I can't think of anyone who has been cast as joker that sucked.

That's a good sign for Leto.

That's a good point, too bad we can't say the same thing about Batman!

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2015, 04:30:10 PM »
And Jack Nicholson already has experience acting the part of a psychopath. He did so before in The Shining. And I agree with Mark Hamill's voice acting as the Joker.

...Acting?

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2015, 06:12:44 PM »
I agree they've all done incredibly, though Jack was my personal favorite.  There seemed a nicer balance of evil criminal mastermind vs. insane and goofy.  Romero was fantastic as well, and also seemed to have a fair bit of both sides.  While I did enjoy Ledger's performance, I was disappointed that there wasn't as much of the goofy-insane part of the Joker.  It was a great movie though.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2015, 08:51:53 PM »
That's precisely why Hamill's my favorite. In Batman TAS he was - I think - the perfect blend of clown and crazy for the tone of the show, and then when Return of the Joker came along he was solidified as my favorite. The Arkham games Hamill is also excellent, and while I admit his design's a bit over-edgy for my taste, he's an even better balance of clown and crazy than before.

Plus Hamill's laugh is the best Joker laugh in the history of the character, which is kind of a big thing to consider IMO, and no this is not up for debate. :P

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2015, 11:07:19 PM »
...Acting?

Yes. Acting as in voice-acting. It probably wasn't clear in my post but that's just how it came out. Even I have trouble interpreting posts at times  :P
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 11:08:57 PM by X »

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2015, 12:52:49 AM »
You misread.
Jack Nicholson doesn't act crazy. He is crazy.

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2015, 05:50:50 AM »
I didn't get to watch the Batman cartoon much when I was a kid (no cable at home, and at my grandparent's house where they had cable mom was just strict about what I watched.). I did see a few episodes, and having pulled up some videos to remind myself, I do really enjoy Hamill's voice acting for Joker!

Tags:

anything