Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Romancelvania, anyone?  (Read 2712 times)

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« on: October 03, 2022, 10:23:18 PM »
A weird dating game featuring Dracula, but I'm curious if any of the action parts are satisfying.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/romancelvania-shows-off-castlevania-style-combat-and-spicy-romance-options-in-new-trailer/1100-6507951/

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2022, 10:06:54 AM »
That action parts seem to be the most mysterious parts of that trailer.

It looks like Drac was able to hit on males to; specifically that male werewolf. That simply doesn't compute as Drac is a straight man, has always been a straight man, and will always be a straight man. I Don't need a WOKE writer coming along and ruining a beloved literary fictional character just so he/she can feel some sort of self-importance/superiority. Think I'll pass on this, lol.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2022, 11:03:26 AM »
In the final version, there are plans to also be the option to play as a female version of dracula. Not sure if it’s a separate playable character or just a gender bent Dracula.  There will be the option to “just be friends”, so you don’t have to romance any character you don’t want to.  Anyone should be able to play the game any way they want, though I suppose if you’re a completionist, you’ll have to “catch them all” through multiple playthroughs haha.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2022, 12:31:20 PM »
+1

It looks like Drac was able to hit on males to; specifically that male werewolf. That simply doesn't compute as Drac is a straight man, has always been a straight man, and will always be a straight man. I Don't need a WOKE writer coming along and ruining a beloved literary fictional character just so he/she can feel some sort of self-importance/superiority. Think I'll pass on this, lol.

Dracula is a character not exclusive to Castlevania or any other incarnation of him. This is like freaking out over SuperWaffle's fanfictions.

It's pretty standard these days for most dating sims/games to allow you to freely date any gender, right? The whole point of these things is that you choose who you fuck anyways... your character is canonically, in your playthrough, whatever sexuality you play as. Drac's not gay unless you are....  ;)
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2022, 05:40:45 PM »
lol! Like the image  ;D
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Darkmoon

• ICVD Keeper
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I Have No Idea Where I'm Going
    • Castlevania: The Inverted Dungeon
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2022, 09:04:04 PM »
+2
I kickstarted it. It looks fun and dumb and will make good review fodder on ICVD. It was an easy purchase.

And Dracula is gay, at least in CVRPG.

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2022, 08:08:00 AM »
I’ll give it a go just because it looks like it could be fun.

Also, do we know if dating the Grim Reaper is an option?  Because if Dracula can be gay, might as well go with that ship.  Otherwise, I’m eying the Jack-o-Lantern scarecrow chick. I lover her design.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2022, 10:00:08 AM »
I’m eying the Jack-o-Lantern scarecrow chick. I lover her design.

Yeah, she does have those squashy melons XD

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2022, 09:42:09 PM »
Hehehehe... this seems interesting. ;)
I can't believe Waffle has not commented yet.

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2022, 02:50:36 PM »
If anyone thinks a several-hundred year old vampire/dhampire of varying degrees of androgyny does not at least dabble in multisexual encounters from time to time in all those ages....I have a bridge to sell you.

Same thing I said to some dork who insisted Alucard couldn't be bi in the Netflix show because it went against "lore".

Offline Darkmoon

• ICVD Keeper
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I Have No Idea Where I'm Going
    • Castlevania: The Inverted Dungeon
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2022, 02:56:51 PM »
I mean, we wanna get technical, Alucard wouldn't even be Alucard. He'd be named Vlad Draculaa. People need to get off their MRA soapboxes.

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2022, 02:39:33 PM »
I watched a demo of this. The graphics were pretty good and the voice acting was surprisingly good (although my TV wasn't very loud). I didn't watch all of the gameplay, but I'm curious if it actually has Drac going bi. The demo had male Dracula able to flirt with a female genie, but from the part I saw, the Incubus - and I would assume other male characters - was merely a rival in the game of love, not a love interest. I could be wrong, though. Wouldn't be the first time I've seen a game encourage me to flirt with girls and then have a boy I could play with on the side. 

I'd be surprised if Drac could hit on Death, since Death was the one who nerfed him in the first place.  Then again, maybe Drac has a power-draining kink.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2022, 04:41:28 PM »
Hehehehe... this seems interesting. ;)
I can't believe Waffle has not commented yet.

what?

I'm too busy working on stuff like this to play silly dating sims.

Offline Eric Roman

• Arima Red
  • Vampire Hunter
  • THE RISE that Eric Roman has sent
    • EricTJRoman.com
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2023, 12:15:30 PM »

This is very amusing idea for a game and I'm willing to give a little benefit of the doubt so far as the bang-whoever-you-want angle being the result of recent heavy-handed polictical correctness; I'd play the other team if it was THAT good and wanted to get that 210.6% (or whatever amount the Alucard's Shield website was up to). 

(Oyeah, right, I almost forgot; if you're living forever you're gonna wind up trying everything.  Even so, I didn't much care for Al's orgy trap with Naruto & Sakura in the Netflix.  Not as much as the Lenore saix they spliced in. :O )
« Last Edit: March 17, 2023, 12:17:21 PM by Eric Roman »

Tags:

anything