Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Dunno where else this would go, so...  (Read 4353 times)

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« on: May 31, 2011, 02:39:30 PM »
Hey, guys! I'm new to this board! Well, not necessarily. I've been stalking these boards for a while, looking at all the neat stuff in the Fan Stuff board. There are some REALLY cool things in there (particularly Jorge's new Simon sprite, that one's boss).

STUFF ABOUT ME: I'm a spriter, video game programmer, decent voice actor, and decent music arranger. I make sprites for my own games, for fun, and most importantly for Serio's Castlevania Fighter. I'm in the process of spriting out a new sheet of Desmond Belmont, Trevor Belmont (in his CoD outfit with CoD moves), SotN Trevor (with CoD moves), and Roberto.

I'm in the process of making an 8bit RPG titled Castlevania: The Greatest Five, starring of course, the greatest five Belmonts (Leon, Trevor, Simon, Juste and Richter for those who don't know). And I may as well ask this here rather than post a new topic later, does anyone have sound effect rips from the three NES Castlevanias? I could really use those to move it along faster.

I do arrangements of music also. I have some really old arrangements that I did to learn how to use FL Studio. If you want to look at them, just find my YouTube channel (zaurask).

So yeah, it's good to join this board. Nice to meet ya'll!
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Dunno where else this would go, so...
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 02:49:31 PM »
Welcome!
If you're looking into resources for CV stuff of any type, look no further than the Fan Stuff subforum, though to post there you need at least three posts in another section.  I think you will find a few people here who may have the sound effects you're looking for.

And thanks for the sprite comment.  It's a work in progress though, and there's still many frames to be done.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 02:50:49 PM »
You're welcome. That's actually probably the coolest Simon sprite I've seen. I envy your sprite skills. I can't sprite from scratch at all. But I know the rule. I gotta practice. :3
Thanks for the note. I've been going through the board for a while, though, and haven't exactly found anything.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 03:28:46 PM »
I found the thread in search results... but unfortunately, the link to the sounds is dead since it was Anapan's old Geocities stuff.
If anyone has that site backed up, perhaps they can help, otherwise all I can say is... rip 'em yourself using Winamp and NotSoFatso.

Here's a thread where I outline how to do that.
**Clicky**
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 03:32:01 PM by Jorge D. Fuentes »
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 06:53:21 PM »
Oh, wow. Thanks. Ripping sound from NES games sounds actually very easy. Thought it'd be harder than that. Thanks a bunch. ^.^

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 07:05:30 PM »
If you get the NSF archives from Disch or from Zophar, they usually have the sound effects after the music, in the file, so you can easily progress from one to the other while using the Winamp output 'Disk Writer'.
You can get a slew of cool effects that way.
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2011, 07:07:56 PM »
Yeah, it seems like an easy process. I shouldn't have any trouble. After I rip all the sounds I may as well post links to download them for everyone else's convenience. Thanks, man! This really helps! (and here I was scouting out SFX packs for six months only to find that ripping them was easier)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2011, 09:38:27 PM »
What programming language do you know?

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2011, 09:48:32 PM »
I'm assuming by programming language, you mean coding. And I know virtually nothing when it comes to code. For RPGs, I use RPG Maker, which is extremely noob-friendly. You can make a great RPG without the need for code.

Course, if you meant something else, then feel free to correct me on that.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2011, 10:59:12 PM »
hehe no thats what he meant =D

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2011, 09:41:05 AM »
You said programmer, so I assumed you could create a program. I am disappoint.

Offline darkjak951

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2011, 10:15:46 AM »
Welcome man! Hope you enjoy your stay. I used to use RPG Maker myself, worked on some big Castlevania project on it but then my computer's motherboard fried along with the hard drive so....yeah :/
Like giant robots? Join up if your interested:
http://www.amecha.co.uk/forum/index.php
My username on it is Gelboob794

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2011, 11:08:56 AM »
Welcome to the board Claimh Solais 8)

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2011, 11:20:22 AM »
Welcome aboard Claimh Solais  :)

I used to use RPG Maker myself, worked on some big Castlevania project on it but then my computer's motherboard fried along with the hard drive so....yeah :/
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2011, 11:22:17 AM »
Welcome aboard Claimh Solais  :)

I used to use RPG Maker myself, worked on some big Castlevania project on it but then my computer's motherboard fried along with the hard drive so....yeah :/

Same here. But it wasn't a motherboard problem. It was a viral outbreak  :P

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags:

anything