Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1820756 times)

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #5715 on: June 02, 2013, 02:03:51 PM »
A wasted opportunity, indeed. But to be honest, it served a purpose, which was to let the main story to be unfolded.
A final duel between Simon and Dracula would have been in the way of the "shocking revelation" which we all already knew about anyway, but that doesn't take away the fact that it was a very moving and heartfelt story about a villain with some love still inside him.

Yeah I won't lie I was moved when Gabriel expressed such anguish and horror when he killed Trevor, only to realize he had murdered his only son. We see that him turning Trevor was an act of desperate love and not hate.
Again it brings to mind this whole premise feels unnecessary. Had Gabriel known who Trevor was the entire time he might have been persuaded to give up his vendetta, or at least take means to secure Trevor's safety. Although I must confess some confusion as to why the Daemon Lord could recognize Trevor's scent, but not Gabriel himself.
12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #5716 on: June 03, 2013, 01:49:42 AM »
Maybe because Gabriel has still a great deal of humanity inside him. Everything is pointing to that angle from Gabriel's tale's perspective.
I think that he will ultimately redeem himself.

I can almost picture Cox saying: "Castlevania: Lords of Shadow is the tale of the rise, fall and redemption of Dracul. Just like the way Star Wars did that with Darth Vader, you know...".
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #5717 on: June 05, 2013, 09:46:08 AM »
I suppose it's possible for him to find some kind of redemption in the far future, but not before getting dealt some kind of fatal blow.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #5718 on: June 05, 2013, 10:30:54 AM »
He will defeat Satan again, possibly warm his cold hardened heart along the way, and Zobek will release him from eternal life. That would be his redemption. The Lord of Vampires defeating the Prince of Darkness and saving the world.

Just my guess.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #5719 on: June 06, 2013, 12:14:11 AM »
+1
And that would be a beautiful ending, bringing the LoS saga to a conclusion on a really high note.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #5720 on: June 06, 2013, 01:04:42 AM »
On the other hand, I don't know if they really want to push for Satan as the final boss again.

It's likely as well, for Zobek, or more likely, Alucard, to be the real final fight.

Alucard has to use the sword forged from the Vampire Killer stake eventually right? I mean, he's got to be killed with it some point. And we know he would actually die from it.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #5721 on: June 07, 2013, 11:42:29 AM »
Zobek needs a battle at some point. We got ripped off in LoS1 on that.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5722 on: June 07, 2013, 11:58:22 AM »
And MoF. We got a necromancer, but not Zobek. he was totally off screen.

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5723 on: June 07, 2013, 02:47:01 PM »
The final battle with Satan made sense in a Dracula-less world.
Supposedly, Dracula became the ultimate evil on Earth, so there's no point on remaking the same final battle for LoS 2.
It would feel redundant.

In my opinion, Dracula VS. Alucard is the final battle that would make sense.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #5724 on: June 07, 2013, 03:02:57 PM »
Supposedly, Dracula became the ultimate evil on Earth, so there's no point on remaking the same final battle for LoS 2.
It would feel redundant.

Nah. Right at the start of the trailer, Zobek says that Satan will be back, and that's what will happen. Alucard will have his fight, but it won't be the last at all. :)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5725 on: June 07, 2013, 05:13:47 PM »
Well i don't doubt that Satan will be fought again, but somehow I dont think it will be the very last.

Or at least, it won't be the very same at all.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #5726 on: June 08, 2013, 08:08:21 AM »
I think Zobek will be the final boss, as I'm sure his "deal" is just another deception, Gabriel will kill satan and then Zobek will acquire his powers or something, then we have to kill zobek. And for emotional punch, the last boss is Dracul going back in time to kill Gabriel Belmont at this prime so making the most epic ever final battle and then ereasing his timeline from the existence (remember that MS said that EVEN if THEY work on a next gen Castlevania themselves Dracula and cast would be different) so killing himself in the proccess and avoiding all in the process.

Then we'll learn that in reality God's will can't come into fruitition without a Dracul and then we see glimpses of Leon Belmont or Mathias or whatever, reconciling so the new series with the old one, and learning that, just like Alucard words said, there will always be a Dark lord.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 08:10:22 AM by Ahasverus »

Everything comes full circle

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #5727 on: June 08, 2013, 07:55:21 PM »
Meanwhile...at David's Cox's secret lair, he just read that, snapped his fingers, and loudly exclaimed "I GOT IT!"
12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #5728 on: June 08, 2013, 08:13:08 PM »
It would feel redundant.

Final battle: Gabula vs Trelucard. Trev dies impaled with the vampire killer sword and then Gabe takes himself out on it, too. They die together.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Blue Cheese

• SO DAMNED GOOD
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5729 on: June 14, 2013, 06:21:23 PM »
+1
Anybody else glad to see the Kojima designs gone?
Simon looks like a man again!...and Scottish...and wearing something even more Japanese looking than when a Japanese person designed him...
Honestly it looks like Getsu Fuuma (or maybe Gesshi Hanafuuma) loaned Simon some demon hunting pants.
I'm slow poking like a mug here, I know, but OoE was blah and I just fell TOTALLY out of the CV loop after that.

Tags: .....? 

anything