Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Assassin's Creed  (Read 3028 times)

Offline elbryan42

• Bargle Nawdle Zouss???
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Assassin's Creed
« on: November 26, 2007, 06:34:39 AM »
I just woke up. Normally I'm swearing my ass off, about starting another day. For the first time ever I dreamt of a specific game. That game is Assassin's Creed.

I love Doom, Castlevania, Metroid, Metal Gear, Painkiller, and more. I play them to death. And not one has completely captivated me after just 7 hours of non-stop gameplay (hey, I had to get some sleep, I work).

I specifically remember being Altiar, in a crowded city. Climbing huge towers, saving citizens, avoiding guards, assassinating Templar Knights, pickpocketing, and just feeling the whole scope of it all.

I normally don't play games remotely close release. I normally would buy them, play an hour or two and shelf them. And then when I'm totally in the mood, pick them up months or even years later. Not so with this one. I won't be sleeping all week. I guarantee it.

Buy this fucking game. Now.

Well done, Ubisoft Montreal. Well done.
----------------------------------------------------
Check out Elbryan42's Doom Depot! Check out the Doom 64 TC and download some Doom music.
http://doomdepot.doom2.net/

Offline Clara E. Leet

• Legendary Hunter
  • It's still Maridia
    • My Deviantart
    • Awards
Re: Assassin's Creed
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 07:59:30 AM »
I'm supposed to be getting a copy within the next month or so (won a contest at work).

I rented it and played through it a little. The beginning kinda bored me, but I think it's because I either A) wasn't far enough or B) I was being too cautious and trying not to get caught when the point of the game is to take risks.

Also the twist at the beginning really knocked down my interest a few points.

I really wanna give it another shot though, especially after hearing what everyone has to say about it.

Offline elbryan42

• Bargle Nawdle Zouss???
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Assassin's Creed
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 08:44:10 AM »
I loved the whole unlocking memories of an ancestor thing. Gives a mystery and puzzle element to the game. You don't really know what to expect.

I never saw anything (not even a single commercial, preview or screenshot) since the first trailer, and the news it was coming to 360. So I went in blind with no expectations.

There's no way I can wait 5 hours and 18 minutes to play this game again.
----------------------------------------------------
Check out Elbryan42's Doom Depot! Check out the Doom 64 TC and download some Doom music.
http://doomdepot.doom2.net/

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 04:36:38 PM »
Good game, but not the best. AI is kind of off though. For one, A maybe spoiler, drunks only hit you and ignore EVERY one else.

Tags:

anything