Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Music compo?  (Read 16398 times)

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« on: January 03, 2017, 06:50:12 AM »
Hey folks, any interest in reviving the music compo? Open to public for themes? It's been a while lol :P
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 06:57:56 AM »
I'm down. To clown.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 12:51:58 AM »
Yeah, it has been a while.
State what theme/s you guys want and let's start a poll.

Battle music?

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 04:16:15 PM »
It's whatever theme you guys/gals want, i think it'll be more fun to have the peeps make the call on what we should do  ;D

.......but if we hit a brick wall, i know of a cool theme idea  ;D
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 04:22:49 PM by BMC_War Machine »

Offline Corpsecrank

• XXX
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Still uttering the same nonsense.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 12:00:58 PM »
I'm really digging that Submerged track you did BMC. I have that in my list right now while I work on all this junk for my game and it really helps keep me motivated. I wouldn't mind hearing another one similar to that. There are so many tracks that get done to death so hearing something completely under appreciated for a change would be amazing.

What about cornell's theme? That track is pretty bitchin as is and I don't think I ever heard anyone cover it. Could make for an interesting choice anyhow.
You can find all my projects here: https://thetilepile.blogspot.com/

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2017, 06:12:40 AM »
I'm really digging that Submerged track you did BMC. I have that in my list right now while I work on all this junk for my game and it really helps keep me motivated. I wouldn't mind hearing another one similar to that. There are so many tracks that get done to death so hearing something completely under appreciated for a change would be amazing.

What about cornell's theme? That track is pretty bitchin as is and I don't think I ever heard anyone cover it. Could make for an interesting choice anyhow.
Thanks for the words dude! Which theme are you talking about in particular?  The only actual theme's that come to mind is during the opening cutscene of Legacy of Darkness's intro with Cornell's village burning lol.

Offline Corpsecrank

• XXX
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2017, 02:23:55 PM »
Thanks for the words dude! Which theme are you talking about in particular?  The only actual theme's that come to mind is during the opening cutscene of Legacy of Darkness's intro with Cornell's village burning lol.

Ah sorry I guess it would have help if I just posted the example also eh. This one right here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxNob_0YDGo From the judgement OST. I think it is also called the wolf revealed or something like that. You can also find a slower version of it in the castlevania 64 OST in a song called castlevania melodies. In that song the beginning part is a slow orchestral version before going into other stuff. Here is an example of that one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0lzOfB8jOc

I really like this one a lot and I don't think it has really been done before. If it has I have never heard a version of it outside of these 2 examples.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2017, 02:53:41 PM »
Ah sorry I guess it would have help if I just posted the example also eh. This one right here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxNob_0YDGo From the judgement OST. I think it is also called the wolf revealed or something like that. You can also find a slower version of it in the castlevania 64 OST in a song called castlevania melodies. In that song the beginning part is a slow orchestral version before going into other stuff. Here is an example of that one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0lzOfB8jOc

I really like this one a lot and I don't think it has really been done before. If it has I have never heard a version of it outside of these 2 examples.
I knew i recognized the main part of the melodies track lol, check around 1:02 on this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGn2HyFvfHg&list=PLrbDoTCvadnhIQ-PtjeyJMp0yjOQEyCbq&index=45 I agree dude, very cool track, i always liked that track!  Also if i remember right, on the wolf revealed on judgment they threw in annex in there about mid way through the track for a cool breakdown lol

Offline Corpsecrank

• XXX
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2017, 04:26:31 PM »
I knew i recognized the main part of the melodies track lol, check around 1:02 on this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGn2HyFvfHg&list=PLrbDoTCvadnhIQ-PtjeyJMp0yjOQEyCbq&index=45 I agree dude, very cool track, i always liked that track!  Also if i remember right, on the wolf revealed on judgment they threw in annex in there about mid way through the track for a cool breakdown lol

Ah yeah that is def it at the 1:02 mark. Yeah I like this one a whole lot and I don't feel like it has gotten any love at all. I can't think of a better piece really. The main idea though is to go with something like this that has not seen a lot of attention. We really don't need another bloody tears or vampire killer etc if you know what I'm saying. I mean I love bloody tears like most of us and that is why there are so many covers of it but let's not forget the other great stuff from the series that no one took the time to do yet.

Track choice aside I find it painful when I go through my massive library of castlevania music looking for tracks to make a castlevania playlist and I end up with like less than 20 tracks in my playlist because I don't want to listen to an hour of 15 different covers of the same 3 songs. I might have like 4 or 5 different covers of the same piece that I really like but I don't really want all of them in one playlist either. I could probably make several lists of the same songs all in very different styles and moods but none of them would be very long either prob less than 20 songs in total. Makes me sad man.

Again I believe this is why I found that submerged track so enjoyable. You have done the only cover of it I actually like so far I think and it gives me at least one more unique song in my list. Swinglevania is also a good one but it cheats a little cuz it is a medley of stuff and not just one song and it is also in such a wildly different style than most other stuff. Metal/Orch/Techno etc all common but jazz or swing? You don't hear to much of that. I love the stuff Hat does for this reason. Drac's crib is a great example of his stuff and really stands out against the more common styles used. Don't get me wrong though I am at my core a metal fan. As broad as my musical appreciation is I find myself solidly attached to the sound of a raging guitar in ways I can't say the same for with other styles of music. Hard to describe but something tells me a guy like you probably knows exactly what I mean  ;D

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2017, 05:50:03 PM »
I'd be down for one. I could try and whip something up.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Jazz Paladin Productions

• Vampire Hunter
  • I was summoned here to pay tribute
    • Jazz Paladin On Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2017, 10:16:05 PM »
I might be up for it as well. Someone out there in the VGM community keeps asking me to do a jazzy arrangement of Dracula Battle from SCV IV...which I kinda want to do anyways...
;)

Jazzyvania: Symphonies of the Knight now available on CD/ Digital platforms! Groove on!

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2017, 12:50:53 AM »
Why not, maybe.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2017, 01:54:47 AM »
I might be up for it as well. Someone out there in the VGM community keeps asking me to do a jazzy arrangement of Dracula Battle from SCV IV...which I kinda want to do anyways...
;)

Jazz Paladin Productions. Can You Not Entertain The Dude Who Asks Just About Every Video Game Music Artist The Same Fucking Question.

I'm assuming it's the guy I'm making fun of there. I'd be surprised if it were anyone else.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Jazz Paladin Productions

• Vampire Hunter
  • I was summoned here to pay tribute
    • Jazz Paladin On Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2017, 08:02:34 AM »
Jazz Paladin Productions. Can You Not Entertain The Dude Who Asks Just About Every Video Game Music Artist The Same Fucking Question.

I'm assuming it's the guy I'm making fun of there. I'd be surprised if it were anyone else.

Heh. I wasn't quite aware it was that pervasive!

In truth, I'd actually started working on in for Jazzyvania, but didn't get around to finishing it. I seem to get lost trying to figure out what time signature it's in, as I get mesmerized in listening to it so much...the closest approximation I can come up with is 9/8

Jazzyvania: Symphonies of the Knight now available on CD/ Digital platforms! Groove on!

Offline aensland

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Music Concert 1st Place 2017-02-Music Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2017, 08:46:09 AM »
Someone out there in the VGM community keeps asking me to do a jazzy arrangement of Dracula Battle from SCV IV
Oh dear, I bet it's the same guy that keeps pestering me about the same thing in every one of my uploads too.

Anyways, why not, it has been a long time since we had a music contest.

Tags:

anything