Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What are some of your favorite enemy death animations???  (Read 5678 times)

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
What are some of your favorite enemy death animations???
« on: August 13, 2013, 05:49:03 PM »
+1
I have a few:

Bloody Skeleton is by far my favorite. I make it a point to always kill some when I play SotN lol.

I like Enkidu in OoE. Pretty ironic how his savage weapon ultimately leads to his death.

For some reason I like killing all of them Bears in CotM. They just kinda burn away I dunno why I like it so much tho....
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
Re: What are some of your favorite enemy death animations???
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 05:58:54 PM »
I never thought about this before, but Blood Skeleton from HoD have a cool "death" effect, since he melts instead of collapsing. RoB have some neat death animation for bosses too.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 01:15:32 AM »
The Lion in SOTN. I love how he grabs his nose, in a nod to the slap Dorothy gave him in Wizard of Oz.

Diplocephalus too. No real reason; it's just nice to watch her/it go boom.

I like Enkidu in OoE. Pretty ironic how his savage weapon ultimately leads to his death.

My favorite OOE death by far.  :)

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 09:23:21 AM »
Slogra in Castlevania 4. He throws up his arms as he burns in this crazy multicolored flame. It's actually pretty amazing to watch.

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2013, 06:04:18 PM »
Shewerewolf. Where did that blanket come from?

Curse you, blanket!
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2013, 12:43:32 PM »
I've always loved the Guardian/Final Guard death animation in SotN.  Those are the guys in the inverted castle, on either side of the central clock room in the Marble Gallery.  When you kill them, they kneel down and disintegrate into dust, which slowly floats upward as some particles catch the light.  Really a beautiful animation.

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2013, 01:21:10 PM »
The butcher's death animation in SotN is just awesome. It blew my mind back in the day to see something like that in a game, and it's the one it sticked with me when I think of a death animation that stood out.
I also love the poetic and tragic beauty of the enemy who cries for his pet when it dies (in PoR).
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2013, 05:04:55 PM »
Well, there were two such enemies in a way. The Zombie Hunter cried over his dog and the dog cried over its master. The Owl Knight would cry out upon his owl's death and his owl would screech at his death.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2013, 10:38:53 PM »
Well, there were two such enemies in a way. The Zombie Hunter cried over his dog and the dog cried over its master. The Owl Knight would cry out upon his owl's death and his owl would screech at his death.
Ooohh, the poor little doggie! I didn't remember that one! :(
I was thinking about the owl. It made me sad so I never killed the owl, and now that you mention it, I never killed the dog. I just can't, it makes me feel bad.
Poor little pets!  :'(
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Oniros

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2013, 01:10:01 PM »
Came here to say this one. :P
(click to show/hide)

Tags: