Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Still finding Castlevania 1 NES secrets?  (Read 6407 times)

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« on: April 22, 2014, 10:22:26 PM »
I really came into the series with Simon's Quest and Dracula's Curse. While I've picked up and beaten Castlevania 1 since then, I never fully appreciated it. But in recent replays, I am discovering tons of things I never knew. I am still finding new hidden money bags, new meat locations, new double shot locations. I am even learning that the second play-through has new hidden stuff! The second screen of level 2 has meat in the right wall, and then there's the moai head later in that same level. I am really impressed with all these secrets, and think that later games may not have as many hidden power-ups and so forth per stage as this original game. I think if the series ever gets back to classic form, it should bring back those crouching secrets for crowns and money bags and moai heads. Maybe even expand it for keys and the like.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Still finding Castlevania 1 NES secrets?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 11:33:09 PM »
Level 4 is where it all falls to pieces on me. I either ace it or I flunk. The battle between Frankenstein and his "pet"; Igor are a real troublesome pair. You can't kill the little bastard, you can only stun him!  >:(

As for secrets, yeah there's quite a bit floating around in that game. Mainly game glitches though, but still interesting.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 03:35:28 AM »
For years I played it, not knowing that like money bags, secret 1-Ups can also be made to appear from the ground. I can't remember where they are, but I'm sure some Googling could help.

Offline lesomaface

• Abandon All Hope
  • Hunter in Training
  • This castle is a creature of chaos...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2015, 07:53:01 PM »
When I first played the game, I only got up to Level 3 before using a continue. Now, it's up to Level 5.

(click to show/hide)
"Die monster! You don't belong in this world!"

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2015, 11:56:42 PM »
+1
lesomaface@

Medusaheads have been plunging us to our deaths since 1986  :'(

I hate 'm too >:(

"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags: