Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Please support Wayfoward so they can make the next Castlevania.  (Read 18811 times)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
Re: Please support Wayfoward so they can make the next Castlevania.
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2013, 12:30:02 PM »
+1
I really don't. I work  as a security guard in Napa Ca.  Also, I'm un-self proclaimed eye candy and love Bondage Fairies. We should have coffee sometime.

You plan to put sleep powder in her coffee dont you? :O
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Pumpkin Glow

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Curse of Darkness (PS2/XBOX)
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2013, 12:58:53 PM »
+2
uh... I am only turned on when they are turned on. geez man, you really just insinuated something very creepy.
Laugh to spar. Cry to fight.

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2013, 01:15:54 PM »
Wayforward is one of my favorite studios.  Contra 4, Double Dragon Neon, and Risky's Revenge are all great.  The original Shantae and Aliens: Infestation are both pretty decent.  I don't have any other Wayforward games, but I can't think of a better developer to do a new sidescrolling Castlevania.  It's too bad they've split up, but I'll have to keep an eye on Yacht Club.

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2013, 02:06:41 PM »
+1
I really don't. I work  as a security guard in Napa Ca.  Also, I'm un-self proclaimed eye candy and love Bondage Fairies. We should have coffee sometime.
Wow! Another Bondage Fairies fan in this forum! That's 3 so far! (counting myself).

You plan to put sleep powder in her coffee dont you? :O
I'm immune to sleep powder because I have fairy powder, though in our fairies community we call it fairy dust  :P[quote

uh... I am only turned on when they are turned on. geez man, you really just insinuated something very creepy.
Haha! He didn't mean it, it's just good old Lely making a joke!  ;D
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2013, 02:11:35 PM »
+1
I'm immune to sleep powder because I have fairy powder, though in our fairies community we call it fairy dust  :P

Who knows, you've never heard about sleep powder "fairy edition"? LOL

And yes, it was only a joke.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2013, 04:29:33 PM »
This does indeed seem like a sudden turn. I remember people saying Bloodrayne: Betrayal and Hotel Transylvania were indicators that Wayforward would be an ideal choice for the next CV dev.
Aesthetically. visually and soundwise, definitely. gameplaywise, Betrayal was meh. after the first playthrough and 100% of the red skulls, I have not picked it up again. It's a one shot playthrough.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2013, 06:43:15 PM »
Aesthetically. visually and soundwise, definitely. gameplaywise, Betrayal was meh. after the first playthrough and 100% of the red skulls, I have not picked it up again. It's a one shot playthrough.
Yes, it is. I don't care much for that kind of combo-based gameplay. But I imagine that, if they were given the chance of a Castlevania game developing, they would make the gameplay CV needs.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2013, 12:35:51 PM »
I don't see how Wayforward would make a great Castlevania game when BloodRayne: Betrayal had a lot of the same features that people take issue with in the Lords of Shadow games.

-Beat 'em up combat
-Segmented between combat and platforming
-Combat "arenas"

Art was awesome though. I'd love to see that artstyle used in a future CV game.

I know it'd never happen, but I'd like to see Retro do a Castlevania game >.>

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2013, 01:25:42 PM »
+1
I believe they would use a different approach to the gameplay if they were given a CV game.
I didn't like very much that aspects you mentioned about Bloodrayne: Betrayal's gameplay.
What I really loved about that game was the music and look.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2013, 05:54:19 PM »
+1
The art was amazing. The level of detail in the animation was excellent, and it made the game feel very fluid. I would be more than happy if they made a Castlevania game in the same style.

Offline Pumpkin Glow

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Curse of Darkness (PS2/XBOX)
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2013, 11:31:22 PM »
Laugh to spar. Cry to fight.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2013, 04:41:58 PM »
+1
WayForward did Aliens Infestation, which IMO is the closest anybody has ever gotten to replicating the gameplay and feeling of Super Metroid. If those guys are still at the company, I'd love to have 'em do a CV game, "Metroidvania" or otherwise.

Mighty Switch Force! 2 recently came out and it's a blast, so not all of the talent left.

I've never played a bad or mediocre WF game.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2013, 05:03:44 PM »
It shares the same problems MoF have: shitty combat and boring level design.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2013, 10:00:04 AM »
+1
It shares the same problems MoF have: shitty combat and boring level design.
As well as damage sponge enemies and constant arena battles. Like I said, in 2D games, if they aren't arcade brawlers(with the tilted ground that allows walking in multiple directions, like Double Dragon, TMNT, Final Fight and such), locking in characters should NEVER be an issue. There should be no arena sections unless for two exceptions:

1. Boss rooms.
2. Elevator/lift sections(some Mega Man games, as well as Splatterhouse, among others, do this).

THAT should be a rule!

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2013, 11:13:20 AM »
Odin Sphere and Muramasa are guilty of this as well.  And the rooms, while beautiful, are actually very basic platform rooms.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Tags: