Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Congrats, NFL! (2022)  (Read 2197 times)

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania.
    • Awards
« on: February 14, 2022, 07:43:15 PM »

It's getting harder and harder to watch this sport go down the drain, year after year.

It's basically illegal to play defense now.

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2022, 12:51:52 AM »
Yeah reffing has been going downhill for a long time now, look for games from the 70's and 80's on Youtube, the refs let the players get away with a ton of shit unless it was blatant. The Super Bowl WAS good, till that final Rams drive, THEN they started getting flag happy. Turts me, I've watched the NFL for about 40 years, I have seen the game change, and not for the better. Yes they have gotten rid of defenses murdering QB's (QB's back then weren't big guys, big hits would injure them, or they toughed it out), and have done right by taking away helmet to helmet hits so that players brains don't turn to mush later in their life (and sometimes lead to death, like Junior Seau committing suicide, his brain was badly damaged), but even a tap of the hand on a helmet gets a flag now, ridiculous.

As for the taunting thing, again 1970's and 1980's football rarely saw players do that, they'd run back to the line for the next play. Players make a tackle on an offensive player after he gets 20 yards, then celebrate like they made a big stop, I can understand celebrating a QB sack, or stopping a running back on 3rd or 4th and 1 from getting a first down, but don't celebrate a tackle on a guy that burned you for a nice chunk of yards.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2022, 12:54:50 AM by Bloodreign »

Tags:

anything