Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Nightkeep, 2D metroidvania RPG  (Read 19915 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2017, 10:45:28 AM »
Nice combo  :)  Simplistic, but it gets the job done nicely as it should. Way too many games nowadays go overboard with combos (lords of shadow to name an example), however this looks good. It is simple and it works.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Nightale

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2017, 10:51:07 AM »
It is as simple as it could be :rollseyes:

you 2x tap for double combo, 3x tap for triple combo. when you have no stamina to perfom next move, combo ends. and if you are very low on stamina, you only do basic stab. it's really simple but effective. However Stamina is connected only to sword attacks, so performing any other actions won't decrease it.

I can add charges and special stuff for gemstones(other swords) like this.

-----

Support Nightkeep through Thunderclap (it's free)! Go to the Thunderclap campaign http://thndr.me/Abef88 and select any of the 3 options: Facebook, Twitter or Tumblr. I should use it as a signature  :D

« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 01:22:13 PM by Nightale »

Offline Nightale

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2017, 03:22:37 AM »
So holidays are coming, I hope you will enjoy them and have a good start with a New year. I am adding last build this year, I will take a bit off development too during the upcoming events.

New build contains version up to current date.

Download : http://rpg2heaven.com//downloads/nightkeep_abuild_01.zip

Offline Nightale

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2018, 09:58:48 AM »
Hi,
It's been some time since I tried to fund Nightkeep ( https://gamejolt.com/games/Nightkeep/303200 ). Ongoing events weren't so good for me so I had to rethink some steps. After all this time I decided to postpone Nightkeep. I am now trying to make its funding happen by other smaller games that I will do on my own. Anyway give a demo a try. It is after all influenced by Castlevania too.

Who i am again ?

Game dev hobbyist from Czech republic. Creating games over a decade, I worked with RPG maker a lot before I decided to move off to create full custom games.

What is Armortale?

2D platformer inspired by hidden gem, Lickle (Little Samson)
I am working with Nes palette + I drive in some custom colors
Game will contain separated stages with boss at the end of each
Game for MS Windows with full Gamepad Support
Works well with Wine

Why I am creating Armortale?

Nightkeep project failed its crowdfunding campaign, this didn’t allow me to progress further /music, additional art, translaton/ and I allowed myself to get burned by negativity. I decided to start small-scale 0 budget project, that I would be able to handle myself - maybe with some small help. This project is Armortale.

Goals of Armortale

While Nightkeep is project I wanted to complete, I spent my savings on it. It led me to bad situation. I’d like to use Armortale to partially cover my loses. Games aren’t my work. Just spare time hobby.

This probably won't iterest majority here therefore I won't post more of this on this forum. You can see some small progress of this over my twitter, https://twitter.com/PixelABCD

Offline NightKeeper

• Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2021, 12:59:35 PM »
Wasn't here for a moment. Not always easy to find spare time for this hobby and latest years were bit hectic too. So it goes at pace it goes. Turtle one (considering this is a reboot too).

I started anew on the game last summer from zero - with an empty build. Left all code, game structure, every map, enemy, basically all I had behind. Re-creating everything, assets and code included.

I can share some early alpha footage here from this latest version of the game:

https://twitter.com/PixelABCD
« Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 01:15:13 PM by NightKeeper »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2021, 06:21:23 PM »
Been a while  :)

Hopefully you get to complete your project so others can enjoy it too.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2021, 12:59:11 PM »
That looks amazing!

Offline Darkmoon

• ICVD Keeper
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I Have No Idea Where I'm Going
    • Castlevania: The Inverted Dungeon
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2021, 09:19:17 AM »
Wasn't here for a moment. Not always easy to find spare time for this hobby and latest years were bit hectic too. So it goes at pace it goes. Turtle one (considering this is a reboot too).

I started anew on the game last summer from zero - with an empty build. Left all code, game structure, every map, enemy, basically all I had behind. Re-creating everything, assets and code included.

I can share some early alpha footage here from this latest version of the game

If you're interested, I'd be happy to feature you on Castlevania: The Inverted Dungeon. Preview page, interview, the like.

Offline Nightale

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2021, 06:06:26 AM »
If you're interested, I'd be happy to feature you on Castlevania: The Inverted Dungeon. Preview page, interview, the like.

That'd be great! Thank you for this offer, I'd like to grab it with both hands.  ;)

I have not much material to build on now, I'd very welcome this opportunity later tho when I have it!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 06:11:57 AM by Nightale »

Offline Darkmoon

• ICVD Keeper
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I Have No Idea Where I'm Going
    • Castlevania: The Inverted Dungeon
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2021, 07:42:28 PM »
Sure, whenever you're ready I'm around. You can message me here, or grab my contact info from the site and hit me up that way as well.

Offline Nightale

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2023, 10:29:54 AM »
Hello, the project was on hold for a while, but now I've returned to it, and I'm sending two pictures of the current progress.

You can also find me on twitter @ https://twitter.com/PixelABCD

Offline Think Tank

• usually posts while intoxicated
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2023, 06:20:17 PM »
Stunning work.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2023, 11:25:23 PM »
Been a while...again  ;D

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2023, 02:35:11 PM »
Nice!! 8)
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline Nightale

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2023, 05:20:07 AM »
Hello, it's been 3 weeks since I resumed work on Nightkeep. I'm trying to work on the game whenever I can. In these 3 weeks, I've made it to the castle and created a few initial rooms. I've also set my sights on the old graveyard in front of the castle, which I'm currently working on. I'm attaching an image of the graveyard and the crypt within it.

*Graveyard

As for the story, I'll have to rework it because I discarded everything from the original Nightkeep. Those who played the demo may remember the village in distress, the alchemist conducting experiments in his mansion, and the fact that Arietta (the main heroine) wasn't alone and had a sister accompanying her. That has changed. Arietta is now alone, and I need to come up with a reason why she's climbing that castle when everyone says it's full of monsters.

*Crypt Entrace

One thing that's been bothering me is the choice of resolution, which I've increased. I chose a resolution of 480x270, which means the sprite sizes remained the same, resulting in a lot of unused space on the game screen that I'm trying to fill somehow or expand the rooms with extra tilesets. It's not something that can be easily reversed or changed.

Otherwise, the project has a Discord, and you can find it here: http://discord.gg/SFHmz6B

I'm closing version 0.20 today, the complete change log is on my Discord.
That's all from me for now.

anything