Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: If Castlevania games received the remaster collection treatment.  (Read 3872 times)

Offline AbsoluteBoom

• Learning little by little
    • Awards
Hello everyone, thanks to TGMagus on Discord I now have a Forum account, and I wanted to break the ice a little bit.
The topic for this post would be "What if Castlevania games received the Remaster Collection treatment"
For example one of the most recent and famous collection would be Crash Bandicoot: N sane Triology, so I was thinking what if Castlevania had something like that.
So I was thinking of some possible bundles:
The 8-Bit Collection: This collection would have remakes of the Nes and Gameboy games.
The Next Collection: This collection would have games that have a higher resolution than 8-bit. The remakes in this collection would be: Haunted Castle, Super C4. Dracula X, Rondo of Blood and Bloodlines.
The Advanced Collection: Like the title says, this would be a remaster collection of the 3 games that were released on GBA.
The Dual Collection: This would be a Remaster Collection of the titles released on NDS.
The Polygonal Collection: This one would have remasters of the 3D games prior to LoS, so C64, LoD, LoI and CoD. Maybe Resurrection could be bringed back as a bonus?
The main question with this would be, Would the 2D remasters be redone in the 32 bits style of SotN, or would they be done with brand new 3D graphics?
There's some games that I didn't knew where to bundle, like Adventure Rebirth and SotN.
Anyways thanks for your attention, and thanks again to TGMagus for allowing me to register in these forums.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: If Castlevania games received the remaster collection treatment.
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2022, 03:32:00 AM »
Like I told you on Discord, TGMagus is Jorge D. Fuentes on the forums :D Glad to see you were able to sign up!

That said, if remasters were to happen, I imagine they'd be with 3d models on a 2d plane, both because something like Bloodstained was pretty popular, and also because it's cheaper than sprites.

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline AbsoluteBoom

• Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2022, 08:40:26 AM »
Oh I see, I shall start reffering to him as Jorge from now on then.

I also imagine that a 3D remaster would make the most sense at the moment of remaking the games, but a part of me kinda wants to see the 32bits art style to be kept alive. Specially since if characters that don't have sprites in that style reappear with 32bits sprites, it would make life a little bit easier for people who make fangames or maybe sprite compilations.

Also forgot to mention, Order of Shadows would also be included in one of the bundles, but I'm not sure if that game is long enough to remaster, or due to it's Java Cellphone nature, it would need to be completely remade in order to make it a full length game.

Offline LuxKiller65

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • My YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2022, 11:30:40 PM »
I guess whatever they do would be better than selling the original games again and again 35 years later. Amazing they even kept the source codes (cf. Silent Hill HD Collection).

Unless they screw up the remasters, by giving them to a bad studio/team, and since Konami doesn't give a poop about development anymore, they'd approve them for release anyway.

How was The Adventure Rebirth? Is that the kind of remaster you'd like? (Real question, since I haven't played it at all.)

Offline AbsoluteBoom

• Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2022, 03:44:25 AM »
I actually like Rebirth, it was nice seeing a new Castlevania game in the gameplay style of the classic games.
Although it was more of a Reimagening rather than a remake (New bosses and stuff), it also made me really wish for a modern gameplay version game featuring Christopher, he's my favourite Belmont and seeing him in artstyle similar to the 32 bits games, kinda made me wish for more.
Also I agree, Remasters have a high potential risk value if they are handled by the wrong studio (For example the GTA Remasters, although I haven't played that game because I'm not a fan of that franchise to have an opinion about it.)

Tags: